trains and transport

Now its at Olympia do you recommend getting off at Kensington Olympia station or one of the other stations and walking?

How busy was it last time? I'm travelling from the south east, to London and then across it. So trying to work my way round line closures. :/

Hard to say really as it does depend on when you will be travelling. Kensington Olympia is right by it and I've never had any trouble getting there from Earls Court but it can be busy and there can be a bit of a wait for a train. I'd imagine it's the same with the overground trains that service Olympia as well.

There's probably not a lot of difference time wise in getting off at another close station and walking but factor in how much stuff you will be carrying and how warm it will be.

I'm coming in from Essex as well but will be attending Friday so the trains should be working normally for me (Hopefully)

Edited by Raylenth

Hard to say really as it does depend on when you will be travelling. Kensington Olympia is right by it and I've never had any trouble getting there from Earls Court but it can be busy and there can be a bit of a wait for a train. I'd imagine it's the same with the overground trains that service Olympia as well.

There's probably not a lot of difference time wise in getting off at another close station and walking but factor in how much stuff you will be carrying and how warm it will be.

I'm coming in from Essex as well but will be attending Friday so the trains should be working normally for me (Hopefully)

I'm aiming for the Saturday as I wouldn't even attempt a Sunday on the trains.

for anyone coming here for the first time (especially overseas visitors ) line closures can be announced on the actual day as well as for listed scheduled maintainence given out in advance. Allways best to look at several ways of traveling to the venue just in case as it will be busy.

Depends what London terminal you're coming in to and via what route really. Kensi gton Olympia can be a pain to get to from some places, others really easy. If you're coming Saturday then going to Olympia will probably bring you right out next to the queue.

Sometimes you can walk from Earl's Court to Olympia in the same time as a wait for a train.

I'm thinking that might be my best bet.

I just didn't want to be the lone cosplayer getting of at earls court and walking. ;)

Earliest train I can get appears to get me there 30-45mins after doors open. So I can kiss goodbye to vqs for autos. So I'll book photos instead.

Edited by LadyDeTemps

There's a big cycle event in London on Sunday July 31st with road closure around the capital. So the Underground will be the best way to get round. For those leaving London on Sunday I have been informed by National Express will be trying to run a service the best they can.

Edited by Jabberwocky50

Walked it from Euston last year..

Doable.....in a 'it didn't look that far on google maps...are we there yet?' way,admittedly..

but still walkable if you're really stuck....

:)

How far is the walk? We normally get a train straight to Euston from Northampton or Milton Keynes but then go for the tube.

Doable.....in a 'it didn't look that far on google maps...are we there yet?' way,admittedly..

How far is the walk? We normally get a train straight to Euston from Northampton or Milton Keynes but then go for the tube.

Google maps says 90 mins.

Took us about an hour and half,ish....

that's with a couple of rest breaks in Hyde park and a stop for some ice cream-related bribery!

Just seemed less stressful than the tube :)

From previous experience the trains from Earls Court to Kensington Olympia aren't that frequent, particularly on Saturdays. According to Google Maps it's a 20 minute walk from Earls Court station to Olympia, but 9 minutes from West Kensington, which is the next stop from Earls Court on the District Line.

Doesn't the Milton Keynes train stop at Kensington Olympia anyway?

I've walked from Earls Court back to Waterloo before. But with Olympia it's easier for me just to go straight to Clapham Junction catch my train there.

Sometimes you can walk from Earl's Court to Olympia in the same time as a wait for a train.

I'm staying at a hotel near Earl's Court and will be walking. Google maps puts it at 15' approx., whether I walk or take the bus/tube, so I'm walking.

I'm staying at a hotel near Earl's Court and will be walking. Google maps puts it at 15' approx., whether I walk or take the bus/tube, so I'm walking.

If you're close to Earl's Court, you do also have the option of taking the overground from West Brompton. I'm staying close to EC too, i usually walk as its a straight forward route.