Top floor

I'm unhappy with the general lack of potato's in my life and have decided to rectify the situation by growing some in my new garden next summer :smile:

I have two potatoes in my kitchen

I have one in mine as well but it's looking a bit green now.

I ate its brother last night with a bottle of Chianti and some Fava beans .............. well some cheese and a glass of tropical juice but it doesn't sounds quite as classy.

I'm mainly hoping that the extra space they're taking on this year will mean that the photo areas can be closer together.

That was my main problem last year due to the crowds and congestion on the stairs I couldn't get between the photo areas on opposite sides of different floors to make clashing photo ops.

Luckily I was there 2 days and the guests were too, so the Sales team kindly swapped 3 of my photo ops to the next day when I missed the later of 2 clashing ops because I was stuck trying to get up and across the building as they were happening.

Last year was the only time I've ever missed photo ops in all my years of SM events - so I'm hoping the new hall will allow for closer placement of the photo areas so it doesn't happen again

It has already been stated many times that this issue has been rectified for this year.
I appreciate this confirmation from you and Queen_Sindel, as I've been keeping an eye out for any details about the photo areas since that caused me problems last year - but aside from info about taking on another hall posted ages back I hadn't come across any of the mentions about photo op layout you refer to. So now I can stop worrying about the number of photo ops I'm buying and just keep spending!

I'd recommend only buying absolute must photos just now.

When the schedule is published photos will still be on sale (like last year)...so that gives you a chance to plan and buy the rest of your photos to minimise clashes. Clashes add to the stress and we all want to reduce that and enjoy the event rather than spending half of it worrying about missing photos :)

Some who like buying them earlier just spread them equally on each of three days but you could still have a few clashes.

I'd recommend only buying absolute must photos just now.

When the schedule is published photos will still be on sale (like last year)...so that gives you a chance to plan and buy the rest of your photos to minimise clashes. Clashes add to the stress and we all want to reduce that and enjoy the event rather than spending half of it worrying about missing photos :)

Some who like buying them earlier just spread them equally on each of three days but you could still have a few clashes.

I'm taking this approach too, but there are potential problems:

- You get higher batch numbers (unless you have a Gold Pass).

- You are lumped with one big expenditure rather than spreading it out over several months (also meaning you might turn down a couple of guests further down your must-see list, which you then regret after the show).

- If everyone does this, EventBrite could have issues handling the flood of orders in the few days before the show.

- Guests could sell out suddenly without SM having a chance to warn us.

- SM base schedules around how many tickets have been sold: if there is a rush of sales after the schedules have been posted they may have to be rearranged (so you end up with clashes anyway).

- The more tickets sold now, the more likely SM are to sign more guests up.

Actually I think I've just changed my mind - everybody buy your tickets now!!!

Will there be a designated Potato Appreciation Area on the top floor?

(Sorry if someone has already asked this question! :whistling: )

All floors contain designated Potato Appreciation Areas. They have been there for the past few years and I see no reason that SM would not include them this year.

• Like 1

Could you imagine how funny it would be if it's actually on the floor plan when it's published? I know it won't be as it would be too confusing for 99.999999% of all attendees, but it's amusing thinking about it.

• Like 2