Top floor

Hello Showmasters and fellow con goers,

As those of you who may have attended last year on the Saturday and Morning Sunday I believe, you will remember that getting to the top floor took a while. As in it took me and others around 35 minutes to get up about 75 steps.

Will this be looked at for this con, as from the sounds of it there will be even more people this year.

We could do with teleportation cubicle device things, honestly. I'm not saying that SM aren't doing their best but come on SM.

This isn't Star Trek Destination you know, you want transporters, you have to go there. They get the luxury futuristic stuff.

• Like 1

We could do with teleportation cubicle device things, honestly. I'm not saying that SM aren't doing their best but come on SM.

This isn't Star Trek Destination you know, you want transporters, you have to go there. They get the luxury futuristic stuff.

And Sherlocked gets rope ladders when it focussed on the Victorian settings. :D

Hello Showmasters and fellow con goers,

As those of you who may have attended last year on the Saturday and Morning Sunday I believe, you will remember that getting to the top floor took a while. As in it took me and others around 35 minutes to get up about 75 steps.

Will this be looked at for this con, as from the sounds of it there will be even more people this year.

Just wondering, but can there even be more people this year? Last year it was sold out, so I hope Showmasters won't try putting even more people in that venue :o

I remember the stairs were packed between the first and top floors.

I noticed there was one set used by a few, yet those stairs were for use in an emergency, and if going up, would take you to a hallway that would take you to the top floor area.

I remember using the lift instead, and would commend the staff in charge of them for enduring the heat and crowding.

Yeah hopefully things will be a bit easier going this year, my wife's in a wheelchair so getting about last year was at snails pace. However given it was the first year at the Olympia I thought SM did great overall. And as stated in previous comments that extra hall should make a big difference. The countdown is well & truly on now boys & girls! 😁

I honestly have no idea about amounts of tickets sold. But there will be an extra hall to start with. That means a lot more space.

But that means a bigger capacity ie more people sorry but it does. Unless of course SM will only sell the same amount of tickets as they did last year.

I'm not being funny or causing any trouble its another way of looking at it that's all. So unless the extra hall has a set of stairs or in the style of Mr Ben " As if by magic " we have a extra set it wont alleviate the problem.

What amazed me about last year was I started to use what could only be described as a emergency set of stairs and hardly anyone knew about them !

One good thing at least SM are aware of the problem and I'm sure they will do everything they can about it so really we have nothing to worry about.

The "extra hall" is the only announcement we have had so far, and thus the only thing I can post in reply to that question, sorry.

Some things that have happened upstairs - like guests being placed there etc. - may well be moved to the extra hall. So yes, it would at least make the problem better. Not make it gone possibly, but make it better. Add something like that in and the whole Thing would be a lot easier to handle. Never mind that this Problem is on the Radar anyway.

I'm mainly hoping that the extra space they're taking on this year will mean that the photo areas can be closer together.

That was my main problem last year due to the crowds and congestion on the stairs I couldn't get between the photo areas on opposite sides of different floors to make clashing photo ops.

Luckily I was there 2 days and the guests were too, so the Sales team kindly swapped 3 of my photo ops to the next day when I missed the later of 2 clashing ops because I was stuck trying to get up and across the building as they were happening.

Last year was the only time I've ever missed photo ops in all my years of SM events - so I'm hoping the new hall will allow for closer placement of the photo areas so it doesn't happen again

I'm mainly hoping that the extra space they're taking on this year will mean that the photo areas can be closer together.

That was my main problem last year due to the crowds and congestion on the stairs I couldn't get between the photo areas on opposite sides of different floors to make clashing photo ops.

Luckily I was there 2 days and the guests were too, so the Sales team kindly swapped 3 of my photo ops to the next day when I missed the later of 2 clashing ops because I was stuck trying to get up and across the building as they were happening.

Last year was the only time I've ever missed photo ops in all my years of SM events - so I'm hoping the new hall will allow for closer placement of the photo areas so it doesn't happen again

It has already been stated many times that this issue has been rectified for this year.

It's already been confirmed that the photo areas will be closer together and on the same floor.

• Like 2

I have this thought that people worry too much about small stuff. SM listened to our complains last year and it is in their business to look at the floor plans. But people are like nooo we won't let you work in peace because we have to know every single detail about chairs, stairs and stuff so we can stop having sleepless nights.

Chill out people and wait and see. There always will be someone who is unhappy about something.

• Like 1

I'm unhappy with the general lack of potato's in my life and have decided to rectify the situation by growing some in my new garden next summer :smile:

I have two potatoes in my kitchen

I have one in mine as well but it's looking a bit green now.