Sherlocked Schedule now live!

Too Tall

• Moderators

I've seen 650 shoots in an hour be done. And apparently since then our trusty photographers have been practicing to get through them even faster (while still making sure everyone gets a good photo). So 450 shoots in 30 minutes could happen.

Destructo, all we can do is go to the shoot and queue, if you have to leave to get to the Ben talk leave and try and fit what you've missed in later. There's nothing else we can do, the mods are aware of all our concerns and I'm sure it's been passed on.

• Like 1

I've seen 650 shoots in an hour be done. And apparently since then our trusty photographers have been practicing to get through them even faster (while still making sure everyone gets a good photo). So 450 shoots in 30 minutes could happen.

Doubt it could happen this way especially now at this late stage but an idea would be to have 3 'rooms' in a line with one guest in each, we go in, dump bags, photo with guest 1, go into next section, guest 2, next section guest 3 and out. You get them all done in quick order and only have to queue once, thus cutting down the time massively.

Destructo, all we can do is go to the shoot and queue, if you have to leave to get to the Ben talk leave and try and fit what you've missed in later. There's nothing else we can do, the mods are aware of all our concerns and I'm sure it's been passed on.

I know, thank you, was just trying to show the reality of it with actual figures rather than letting people speculate. I'm sure SM will do a great job on the day 😀

dumb question but, gold pass holders can choose what day they have their photos done can't they? With the exception of BC of course

You go by your group letter no matter what pass you have. You should have gotten an email with your group assignment. You can go to ops other than your assigned session, but apparently you have to wait in line with everyone else if you do.

Okay.. here's my question...

Example:

If someone (Rupert for example on one of the days) is scheduled for two photo shoots that are D at different times in different photo areas can I go to either or do I have to go to one over the other?

I have a bad feeling this is already been asked but I didn't see it when I went throigh the thread, albeit it's on my phone. Apologies in advance.

Err hang on just noticed there is only one Mark photoshoot on sat?!?! Is that right?

Looks that way. Mark in particular is going to be one of the busiest guests as he's got the group shoot and the set shoots as well in addition to the VIP exclusive stuff. I'd go to the Mark shoot first to get him done in the morning, then Lars/Louise as they have shoots later if it really does go wrong.

Err hang on just noticed there is only one Mark photoshoot on sat?!?! Is that right?

Looks that way. Mark in particular is going to be one of the busiest guests as he's got the group shoot and the set shoots as well in addition to the VIP exclusive stuff. I'd go to the Mark shoot first to get him done in the morning, then Lars/Louise as they have shoots later if it really does go wrong.

Just means no leaving the Mark queue if the talk has already started then, sorry guys 😞

dumb question but, gold pass holders can choose what day they have their photos done can't they? With the exception of BC of course

You go by your group letter no matter what pass you have. You should have gotten an email with your group assignment. You can go to ops other than your assigned session, but apparently you have to wait in line with everyone else if you do.

Example:

If someone (Rupert for example on one of the days) is scheduled for two photo shoots that are D at different times in different photo areas can I go to either or do I have to go to one over the other?

I have a bad feeling this is already been asked but I didn't see it when I went throigh the thread, albeit it's on my phone. Apologies in advance.

I don't think any of the groups have more than one session. You can go to a different session on the same day and wait in line.

Just means no leaving the Mark queue if the talk has already started then, sorry guys

Yes, and that is terrible and is bad planning. I don't know why they can't see it.

• Like 1

Just means no leaving the Mark queue if the talk has already started then, sorry guys

But looking at what has been said about the timings and given that all the crew working the shoot know that speed is of the essence, hopefully it should be ok.

But looking at what has been said about the timings and given that all the crew working the shoot know that speed is of the essence, hopefully it should be ok.

I like your optimism! I am by nature a pessimist, so if it all goes smoothly and I don't have to sacrifice anything, I will be pleasantly surprised, lol.

Example:

I'd like an answer to that too because I see that session 1 and 2 for some guests both say group c, i'm doubtful that means i can go to either one though. I'm wondering if that means the group is further split by order number.

• Like 1

Example:

I'd like an answer to that too because I see that session 1 and 2 for some guests both say group c, i'm doubtful that means i can go to either one though. I'm wondering if that means the group is further split by order number.

Good catch. Or it's a typo, lol. There are still issues with Louise Brealey being at 2 different photo ops at the same time, too, I believe.

I like your optimism! I am by nature a pessimist, so if it all goes smoothly and I don't have to sacrifice anything, I will be pleasantly surprised, lol.

That is my brand of optimism, expect the very worst, if the very worst happens than at least it didn't go worse than expected :D

• Like 1

I really am thinking (and hoping) we're going to see some schedule amendments between now and the convention.

Me too, because as it stands, I am seriously thinking I will have to skip 3 photo ops on Saturday to make sure I get a good seat for Benedict's panel (I'm in group A but that doesn't guarantee a decent seat if I'm at the photo ops) and 3 on Sunday to go to some panels. I also don't have much time for autographs and forget about eating or using the restroom.

ETA: To elaborate, they recommend getting in line for the panel 5-10 minutes beforehand. That's 12:35. If Group A photo ops take 20 minutes, only those at the very front of the line will finish their photo ops in time to queue at that time and the rest will be getting whatever seats are left and possibly even missing some of the panel.

AND that's IF everything runs on time. I've never been to a con when anything starts on time, lol

Edited by slhomitz

My fear too is having 3 photo ops clashing with Benedict's talk but I'm group c, if group A has 150 people and group C has 300 people thats me behind 450 people even if ques move fast with 3 photos I don't I don't like my odds, even if lines do move fast. Still adult life does ask you to make choces you'd rather not on ocassion, I just wish life would pick its ocassions better!

Siiiiiiiigh (I was being redundant, disregard)

I think I'm literally going to just wait until I'm there on Wed to figure out my sched at this rate. I'm not revising 30 times, as it's supposed to be a holiday, not more revisions to my plans than my job entails. XD

Edited by MildGrooveOn
  • Like 1

Not having an option re. MG photo shoot is really annoying. No matter which calculation is done and how fast it will maybe work...
Group C has no chance at all getting to BC talk in time. In time means early enough to get a good seat which has been paid for.

That's just disappointing!

edit: Just a reminder, group A and C ALL have a BC talk ticket. Therefore no need to talk to any crew member to get priotity!

Edited by Pia

I'm wondering how many people in Groups B and D will also want to see the Ladies Of Sherlock talk. I really want to see it so it's either have 15mins after it ends to get to Mark Gatiss's photo shoot before it finishes or go along to his afternoon shoot along with batches 1-3. If most people do then that's another 400 plus people trying to fit into the afternoon shoot. How feasible is this? It could also mean that Mark Gatiss's 12-1pm shoot is extremely quiet until the last 15 minutes.

I suppose we could try and get through his shoot v v quickly and miss some of the Ladies of Sherlock talk (maybe up to 15/20 mins of it ) but I'm not sure how many people will do this, by 12o'clock I would hopefully be heading into the talk/ sat down anyway. Oh the speculation.

Edited by evilfairie

Not having an option re. MG photo shoot is really annoying. No matter which calculation is done and how fast it will maybe work...

Group C has no chance at all getting to BC talk in time. In time means early enough to get a good seat which has been paid for.

edit: Just a reminder, group A and C ALL have a BC talk ticket. Therefore no need to talk to any crew member to get priotity!

And let's not forget the people with silver or day passes with Ben's talk ticket who will come after gold. Edited by destructogal17

And let's not forget the people with silver or day passes with Ben's talk ticket who will come after gold.

Sorry I dont know why this posted twice haha

Edited by destructogal17

Example:

Yes, it has been asked. A number of times actually. :P

You need to go to the session you have been assigned to. The number of your group is on the schedule. Please at least make an effort to do this. If you really have to you can go to the later session. But you will not get any preferential treatment there.