London Film & Comic Con Tickets - Temporarily Down

Most of these questions have been asked and answered in the other topics when the e-ticket system was introduced already, but here's a brief summary of the answers:

Yes, this change is indefinite. The shop will not be going back to the old store, no more paper tickets will be sent. There will be a couple of events that will have a mixture of the old and the new tickets, but eventually it will be e-tickets only.

You will have to show the bar code one way or the other. If you can't print you can show it on your phone or tablet for scanning. Alternatively you can print the ticket off at a friend's place or at the library.

I will forward the issue of the site being so slow tonight. I don't know if this is an issue with Eventbrite servers maybe at the moment. They seemed to be coping okay with Sherlocked once the direct link was posted, so there hopefully should not be problems with RDA ticket sales tomorrow.

What if people print out a few of them and give them to other people? That's the problem will they be able to sort it that's why I preferred tickets

Then only the first one will work. They use this system at many gigs and other events that I have been to and it works very well. Welcome to the 21st century!
hopefully it works out OK they should have tried it at the winter one to see how it went think its gonna cause a bit of a problem where people are after huge guests
I don't see why it will be a problem. The O2 uses etickets and they have 20,000 people coming for each concert.

I love this . E-tickets are the way to go

And for us overseas people it will be a lot cheaper without the expensive shipping charges.

And if you don't have a printer, don't you know anyone that does have one?

But they are still charging an admin fee

• Like 1

I love this . E-tickets are the way to go

And for us overseas people it will be a lot cheaper without the expensive shipping charges.

And if you don't have a printer, don't you know anyone that does have one?

But they are still charging an admin fee

That is because the admin work doesn't go away. In fact right now it's way increased right now - but hopefully once that new system has been going on for a couple of months it will go down to normal level again.

I just gave it a quick go. Worked all right for me, I approve. :thumbup:

I just tried it too. It even saves the tickets into Passbook on my iPhone so I don't have to print them. I love this new system!

Cheers for the free entry ticket... Just need to make sure i'm in the queue before you now!! :firedevil:

(only kidding... :whistling: )

E-Tickets are the future really - With all the cheap cybercafés, Librarys and print shops about now printing off a ticket is only going to be a problem if you want to make it one. Coupled with the fact you don't need to as you can have it scanned on the screen of any number of deviices too. Most of the complaints seem to stem from tradition and familiarity rather then any real problems, in my mind at least. I have kept all my old stubs and there is a sentimentality I can get behind in doing that but if this saves SM some money that they can put towards other things then that can only be a good thing right? They don't have to pay for the printing, the postage, the website and any number of other things I'm not privvy to. I'm sure that this way will save money in the end. As for the £2.50 admin/delivery/validation charge... I struggle to think of any ticket purchasing sytem nowerdays that doesn't charge at all... The old charge may have been called a delivery charge but I'm sure part of it went towards the upkeep of the shop site too, as well as the card charges. Though maybe £2 would have been easier to swallow, it's still a charge but it is less then the old site.

I have no real problems with the new system other then the site seems a bit wobbly at the moment... Only time will tell if it can stand up to the riggors of a fully loaded Summer event. But at least I won't have to make the trip to the delviery office after missing the postie that I was worriedly waiting for 2 months... Only to find that when I check the recorded delivery details a week later out of interest, I find the system says it was delivered 2 days before it was sent and in another part of the country too... Royal mail...tsssschh

Yes it's different and maybe not all change is good, but lets give it a chance and see... :angel:

Edited by Zahariel
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I just gave it a quick go. Worked all right for me, I approve. :thumbup:

002.jpg

I just tried it too. It even saves the tickets into Passbook on my iPhone so I don't have to print them. I love this new system!

Yeh I've just used the system and bought a single ticket and seems easy enough just need to print the tickets now. So 2 things that I can't see the answers to

1. How will tickets be called up for the photo shoots as they aren't numbered anymore?

2. If I have 32 photo shoots in theory il need to bring all 32 pieces of paper?

"1. How will tickets be called up for the photo shoots as they aren't numbered anymore?"

StuartG2198 raises a good point.

Also how will you plan on running the photo shoot queues if there is gonna be a mix of people with numbered tickets and people with these printouts?? I predict chaos.

• Like 1

That is an interesting point about the numbering... Only identifying feature is the bar code number and I can't see the crew calling out numbers 000000000000000000001 to 000000000000000000050 :lol: . Guess we'll see how it goes over at Sherlocked and take it from there...

Might now be a first come, first served situation. This worked at WLFCC as it wasn't too busy, but if you have to cut off a shoot that has been spilt over the day, how do you do it fairly?

Edited by Zahariel

The photoshoot line up is a question which I will have to defer to TooTall ultimately, sorry. I would imagine the old tickets go first as they were ordered before any e-tickets.

Regarding 2. If I have 32 photo shoots in theory il need to bring all 32 pieces of paper?

Yes, you will. Or at least the part of the paper that shows the barcode.

• Moderators

The photoshoot line up is a question which I will have to defer to TooTall ultimately, sorry. I would imagine the old tickets go first as they were ordered before any e-tickets.

Regarding 2. If I have 32 photo shoots in theory il need to bring all 32 pieces of paper?

Yes, you will. Or at least the part of the paper that shows the barcode.

Thank you for the clarification QS

i've been to some conventions which have charged £2.50 per e- ticket not per order as this one is doing, so thats a plus for me!.

but at these conventions the photo shoots at times were a farce as it was a first come, first served (no ticket order unlike show masters well drilled ones).

and hundreds of people would buy their tickets at the box office just minutes beforehand(mainly for guests that they know wont sell out),

saving lots of money in admin fees.which the first time it happend to me made me angry as i bought my tickets 6 months in advance to have hundreds of people just buy them last minute and me be at the back of a very long queue (and in a rush)and dawning on me i could have saved £50 on admin fees/currency convention fees (and keept my money in bank longer)as buying tickets early did not mean anything!!

just buy them at the ticket office when its not busy.

just hoping show masters are able to keep things as well organizered as in the past.

ps what happens if you buy a gold ticket or diamond pass now? do you go to the organizers area to exchange paper ticket or you wave a peice of paper at everyone and tell them its a gold/diamond pass(including other attendees) ?

ps what happens if you buy a gold ticket or diamond pass now? do you go to the organizers area to exchange paper ticket or you wave a peice of paper at everyone and tell them its a gold/diamond pass(including other attendees) ?

Gold Passes have been receiving wristbands for a number of events already. Those are handed out in line at entry or you need to pick them up at the organisers booth.

Diamond Passes get a plastic credit card type badge. There's been a picture posted in the Robert Englund guest announcement thread if you're interested.