STAN LEE extra signing on Friday for ticket holders only ...…IMPORTANT

Can I just thank showmasters for this defo will be successful for and auto now

I'm not sure why some many questions it's all very clear lol

It's because alot of people don't care to read....

They see something and then start typing, instead of looking for an answer themselves.

Every bit of info can be found here in the forum, but it's like in a supermarket...some people think the employees are there to do their shopping for them, and ask where everything is as soon as they come in.

yeah, sat here and read it all in the faq…it is all there but you can appreciate that for all of us new guys it can be attractive to just click the thing we think applies most to us and ask stupid questions...

• Moderators

We don't actually expect everyone to read every single post in every topic before asking a question, but a cursory flick through the main FAQ posts, the entirety of at least the FIRST post in the thread you ask in and maybe the last 2 or 3 posts would be nice. Just for the sanity of the mods ;)

(You'll probably get a more thought out answer too if it's not the 300th time we've answered it that hour)

Im a newbie Gold Pass attendee and due to this pre event of Stan's im coming down for the Friday session to ease my Saturday and Sunday, my question is....

Stan is signing from 11am ish up to 4pm but is there a cut of time for when you can join the queue for the pre-event i'm looking to get there for 3pm or will there be a point the crew say sorry you cant join now the queue is too long and you wont get seen before 4pm? So will have missed the early signing.

I hope that makes sense

• Moderators

There most likely will be a point where crew either cut off the queue or start warning that people beyond a point in the queue may not be seen in the pre-event signing. When this will be, I honestly couldn't say. Still sadly lacking in any fortune telling equipment.

• Like 1

How busy do we all think this will be - Obviously there will be queues but as this is something completely new - kind of struggling to plan my day around it. I am coming down with my family so we are heading in to London 'sight seeing' in the afternoon on the Friday before the preview.

If we got there at twelve what time do you see us meeting the man himself.

Cheers

Nigel

Unfortunately we're still a bit short on the 'crystal ball for the mods' fund.

It's the first time a pre-event thing like this has been done, we really have no precedent to work from for an estimate.

I think there's really no telling how busy this is going to be, as you said there's not been a precedent for this.

On the one hand you've got fans who would have been travelling down the Friday or possibly today (if flying over) and will be in the area already. This is really a bonus for them. On the flip side, because of how late the announcement is, some may either not be able to take late notice time away from work or already have travel plan commitments. Hence this announcement is no good to them with the exception and hope that this may thin out the Stan Lee line across the weekend.

Personally, I had Friday booked off from work as a "just in case measure" for this very reason. I had planned on just going Saturday but now I can pop along Friday, get Stan Lee and probably get a preview ticket on the door and cross off a few names.

So Stan will be signing from 6 til about 7:15 on Friday night before he moves to the other hall for his photoshoot session? It's just I can't make it to the earlier signing during the day on Friday!

Thanks xxx

Correct.

Thanks TooTall xxx

Thanks all - I am going to be very optimistic and plan about an hour for queue/meeting on Friday. Like you say it is quite a late announcement and although it will be very busy, I think it should be quite quick.

Fingers crossed - Maybe next year the preview will be something like 3 - 9

Cheers

JA

Hello there,

I was reading through this post and had a question which I don't think has been asked, but I apologise if it already has.

So I don't have any tickets so I won't be able to get into this pre signing. However, I was planning to come early anyway to line up for the opening time. Is this still allowed? Will there be a place I can queue so I can be one of the first to buy my ticket at 6pm?

Also, I wanted an autograph by Stan Lee. Will not coming to the pre signing hinder my chances. By this I mean, the people who already have tickets, will they be able to get virtual queuing tickets for when the show opens during this pre signing? Or can they only get VQ tickets for these hours and then they have to join the general queue? So will people without tickets still have a good chance?

Also, somewhat related, what's the chance of getting a really quick snap with Stan at the table? I don't really want a professional photo, just a photo on my phone. Will I be able to get someone to take a quick picture of me with him or get a selfie with him at the table? I know it'll be busy but you guys are usually really lovely and allowed me to get photos with other guests at the table even though they were busy. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for all your help! =D

• Moderators

You will be able to queue for 6pm opening at EC2 (pay on the day tickets will ONLY be sold at this hall).

VQs for the main opening hours will not be given out until 6pm.

I would say the chance of getting an over the table pic with Stan during the signing is... well, maybe not zero, but think of a really really tiny number that's nearly zero. Sorry.

You will be able to queue for 6pm opening at EC2 (pay on the day tickets will ONLY be sold at this hall).

VQs for the main opening hours will not be given out until 6pm.

I would say the chance of getting an over the table pic with Stan during the signing is... well, maybe not zero, but think of a really really tiny number that's nearly zero. Sorry.

Ah ok. So I can get there really early and queue up for tickets to buy on the day. And then I can enter from there I'm guessing. From there, where do I go to get the VQ ticket. Do I have to walk all the way to the other hall? Awesome, so I'll still have a chance.

Well at least they aren't zero *cries to self*.

I really hope they let me. Even if the ticket for the photo shoot wasn't all sold out and wasn't £65 quid I'm not really interested. I don't really want a professional photo, just a snap on my phone.

• Moderators

Once you have your ticket you can use it to enter EC1 where Stan will be signing and pick up a VT.

Being brutally honest, I suspect that the setup for Stan will be similar to that for many of the big guests at the last few events, where photos even OF him signing will be stopped several people back in the queue and all cameras/cameraphones will have to be away past that point until you leave the signing area. If this is so - and there will be signs up to say so if it is - please respect these signs and don't ask.

Once you have your ticket you can use it to enter EC1 where Stan will be signing and pick up a VT.

Being brutally honest, I suspect that the setup for Stan will be similar to that for many of the big guests at the last few events, where photos even OF him signing will be stopped several people back in the queue and all cameras/cameraphones will have to be away past that point until you leave the signing area. If this is so - and there will be signs up to say so if it is - please respect these signs and don't ask.

Ah ok. So I buy my ticket at EC2 and then go out and around to the entrance of EC1 right?

Ok. =(

Although I really hope this isn't the case. It's a bit of a shame if it is. It is a big deal for people to get a quick snap with them or at least of them signing your stuff.

Also, thanks for your quick replies.

Edited by NintendoMad888

This is awesome, thank you all so much (and thanks to Stan, of course).

I can't get there til around 3.30, will I still be able to join the back of the signing queue?

Edited by Sween

• Moderators

This is awesome, thank you all so much (and thanks to Stan, of course).

I can't get there til around 3.30, will I still be able to join the back of the signing queue?

That will really depend on how busy it is at that point. The crew may cut the queue off at some point as it gets towards 4pm if it is clear the queue is longer than the number of people he'll be able to sign for in that time.

• Like 1