Your Budget and your 'BIG' guests..

Ok im just interested to know as we all consider different 'stars' as big or major guests, do you have a breaking point as to what you would pay upto for your dream No.1 guest(s) or do would you feel comfortable going into the hundreds for a signature from someone you always post about wanting??

we all have our own 'big guests' and for me, if someone like Mr T, sigourney weaver, bill murray, arnie, michael j fox etc were announced (unlikely), id find it VERY hard to say no. i read that sigourney weaver, along with sly where in the $300-400 usd region.

This is alway a hard one, it would depend on my money situation at the time, but I think paying between £150-250 is an incredible amount for an autograph. The only way I could justify that myself is if I spent atleast 10 minutes with them being able to ask whatever I want and also came out with an autograph and/or photo. That's just my opinion though. I freaking love Sigourney, I wouldn't know what to do if I had the chance! It's a really tough decision.

• Like 1

At last! A thread with some emphasis to it, one of the problems I have is when people speak about how they want Harrison Ford to attend an event where to be honest he is such a darn big actor that to give him a £35 - £45 price tag would be beyond stupid. Lets face it he's MUCH bigger than Ian (£70) McDiarmid and Mark (£85) Hamill.

Stateside his signings average $350 - $500 same as Sigourney Weaver and Sly (but lets face it Harrison is worth it) the reality of it is no matter how many times people say "Oooh lets have Harrison Ford as a guest- oooh can we have Harrison Ford as a guest." it simply won't happen when most people would only expect or want to pay double numbers.

Although... the two people i would most like to meet at an event like this would be Sean Connery (not gonna happen) and Michelle Pfeiffer (not gonna happen) Michelle Pfeiffer I'd pay £250 for.

• Like 2

So far the biggest guest I will be spending on is Ian McDiarmid (£70) and since he is such a rare signer I will be getting two from him. So that's £140 on one guest! To me that's a lot, I'm 16 have no job and will try my hardest to earn the money for these shows, however, if somebody like Carrie Fisher or Mark Hamill were announced I'd happily pay between £50&£100 for them and depending on price I'd get two

Edited by Gmorris2504

I think the prices for the bigger guests are pretty reasonable. I don't really have a budget for big guests or know who I'd like to meet.

I'd pay anything to meet David Tennant. Whatever price they give me I'd pay it. He would be the only one though.

It would depend on my finances at the time lol but guests I would like to meet and be happy to pay more than the 'normal' rates include Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Ewan McGregor, John Williams, Whoopi Goldberg, Sean Connery, Kylie Minogue, David Boreanaz.

Some more possible in my budget range than others I suspect lol.

• Like 2

I've never payed more than £20 for an autograph, but that's merely because the 'bigger' guests that id pay more for haven't been announced. I think about £80-100 would be my maximum, but if someone like Sigourney Weaver or Arnie was confirmed then I don't think I could pass on the opportunity. Same with Bill Paxton!!

• Like 1

I'd probably limit myself to £100 anything more than that I just would find a rip off. It doesn't help when you have a disability and find it hard to find a stable job so I'd really have to limit myself. £100 seems sufficient for most anyway imo.

Think the most I have ever spent will be £45 if I manage to get Stan Lee's autograph at LFCC

Edited by Sassy1988
  • Like 1

I try to limit myself to £200 each year including autographs

One question for anyone who can help as im planning my day a bit, Will Milo Ventimiglia likely be using a VQ and will he be probably very busy?

Yes to both probably.

At the moment, I'm only planning to buy my photoshoot ticket for Summer Glau which I will purchase tomorrow which is £20 and I plan to get the back of the photo signed for another £20. No other guests planned yet until some big ones are announced that I personally cannot miss

I always said i would stay away from anyone charging more than £20 as that was the most i could justify paying for one signature. In order to break that rule it had to be someone you might never get another chance to get or was too big a name to refuse. Last year i paid £25 to get Billy Dee Williams in my "Best Ever" autograph book. I am struggling to remember if i`ve ever paid that amount for anyone else because i think i might have but just can`t be sure why. I always thought if i paid what my brother would call "Silly Money" for someone it would be Chuck Norris or someone like that.

And yes, silly money is a cleaned up version of what he actually said.

• Like 1

I try to limit myself to £200 each year including autographs

One question for anyone who can help as im planning my day a bit, Will Milo Ventimiglia likely be using a VQ and will he be probably very busy?

Yes to both probably.

Thanks, do you think if I get there for around 8.45am it will be likely I will be able to get his autograph in the day?

Otherwise I might pre order it so I can at least guarantee I will have it after the event.

At CM last year I paid £70 for two Jenna Coleman autographs. I thought that £35 was an extremely high amount.

It totally depends on the guest. If it was like Viggo Mortensen, Sean Bean, Ian McKellan etc i'd be willing to pay a bit more, but I think anything over £70 is unreasonable.

• Like 1

Ok im just interested to know as we all consider different 'stars' as big or major guests, do you have a breaking point as to what you would pay upto for your dream No.1 guest(s) or do would you feel comfortable going into the hundreds for a signature from someone you always post about wanting??

we all have our own 'big guests' and for me, if someone like Mr T, sigourney weaver, bill murray, arnie, michael j fox etc were announced (unlikely), id find it VERY hard to say no. i read that sigourney weaver, along with sly where in the $300-400 usd region.

Sigourney Weaver was charging $150 CAN which works out to just over £80, I had a friend pick me up a graph of hers as I doubt very much she would do a con over here, but would be happy for SM to prove me wrong......

• Like 1

Some great responses and opinions here guys, a real interesting read!

See for someone like signourney weaver, being a MASSIVE ghostbusters fan i would pay £80 for an autograph from her, you could pay that from a dealer on one of the stalls for a signed picture of her so getting a signature from her in person id say it would be worth paying. i do agree though going about £100 would be kind of the stopping point for me, i couldnt afford to spend £150 on one single signature, but again depends on who it is and who i find myself wanting most. my big guests are the likes of Bill Murray, Mr T, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Paxton, Weaver so if they had price tags going upto £100 id pay it.

the most ive paid so far is £25 i think...that was billy dee williams. i think i paid 20 for bruce campbell a few years back but i had 2 signatures from him, a photo and his book signed. if i am able to get a stan lee picture signed then he will be the highest ive paid at £45, and im still on the fence about ian mcdiarmid.

Sigourney Weaver was charging $150 CAN which works out to just over £80, I had a friend pick me up a graph of hers as I doubt very much she would do a con over here, but would be happy for SM to prove me wrong......

Edited by teabelly83