Where are you all coming from?

Coming from Croydon , hoping the trains have no problems. Otherwise it will be via the Delorian (Fuel and parking cost) or the transporter (Electricity cost and hiring a transport technician for the weekend) need to find out what would be the cheapest option as this event has resulted in me taking part in several bank robberies to attend this massive event!

No need to hire a technician - It can't be that hard and I'm sure it comes with a handy 'quickstart' manual. You can set it on auto and get a family member to hit the return switch later in the day. You could even time it right so you accidentally bring a guest home :whistling:

Edited by Zahariel
  • Like 2

Coming from Croydon , hoping the trains have no problems. Otherwise it will be via the Delorian (Fuel and parking cost) or the transporter (Electricity cost and hiring a transport technician for the weekend) need to find out what would be the cheapest option as this event has resulted in me taking part in several bank robberies to attend this massive event!

No need to hire a technician - It can't be that hard and I'm sure it comes with a handy 'quickstart' manual. You can set it on auto and get a family member to hit the return switch later in the day. You could even time it right so you accidentally bring a guest home :whistling:

That's true if I tell whoever operates the Transporter ill bring them back a Celebrity i'm sure they will do it :) but I couldn't just bring one home id have to bring home the 20 I want to meet :) haha

I have already booked my train tickets from Croydon to West Brompton and no engineering works are showing up!

• Like 1

I have already booked my train tickets from Croydon to West Brompton and no engineering works are showing up!

Excellent news! Fingers crossed it stays that way.

• Like 2

I've signed up to the tfb weekly updates... Here's hoping that all the engineers are talking the weekend off for the World cup finals.

• Like 1

Galifrey, a small planet from within the constellation of Kasterborous. ;)

That sounds very far away, like in another time zone or something

I'm gonna need a TARDIS to get there on time and not have to get up so early I'm like a zombie. lol!

SOUTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND innit, ya get me?

Or as some would say "Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaffffffffennnnnnnnnd"

One does not say "Saaaaffffffend" one says "Southend" with the emphasis being on the TH so its not even "Souffend"

Which line are you taking? The Greater anglia or c2c? I can't decide which is best.

Edited by LadyDeTemps
  • Like 1

I'm gonna need a TARDIS to get there on time and not have to get up so early I'm like a zombie. lol!

I'd be careful travelling by TARDIS - They are not known for getting you where you want to be, though they do get you where you need to be...

Edited by Zahariel

SOUTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND innit, ya get me?

Or as some would say "Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaffffffffennnnnnnnnd"

One does not say "Saaaaffffffend" one says "Southend" with the emphasis being on the TH so its not even "Souffend"

Which line are you taking? The Greater anglia or c2c? I can't decide which is best.

I'd be careful travelling by TARDIS - They are not known for getting you where you want to be, though they do get you where you need to be...

I borrowed the one outside earls court station last time I visited Earth. ;)

• Like 1

I've signed up to the tfb weekly updates... Here's hoping that all the engineers are talking the weekend off for the World cup finals.

Hopefully! Usually it would be known by now if there were going to be planned works.

• Like 1

Here's hoping that they don't spring anything on us past the already mentioned works on the District line that weekend.

I have checked and double checked National Rail's website. And it says there are no planned engineering works!

Probably because it's not a national rail section of track the tube is owned and run by someone else (London Underground Limited) which is in and of itself wholely owned by Transport for London.

Here's hoping that they don't spring anything on us past the already mentioned works on the District line that weekend.

I have checked and double checked National Rail's website. And it says there are no planned engineering works!

Probably because it's not a national rail section of track the tube is owned and run by someone else (London Underground Limited) which is in and of itself wholely owned by Transport for London.

The London Underground engineering works are on that website as is every other planned one across the country.

The London Underground engineering works are on that website as is every other planned one across the country.

Problem being that the NR website is an amalgam of information taken from each rail operators website - Your best bet as with most things in life is to go direct to the source as the operator will know straight away what is going to happen on their line. I have checked the NR website for possible engineering works on the Southrn line from brighton to West Brompton and all they say is:

"It is not yet known how Southern services will be affected by engineering work from Saturday 12 to Friday 18 July 2014. Please check back nearer the time of travel."

Where as if you go to the Southern website they have each and every bit of engineering works laid out in detail and you can see whether it will or won't affect you journey. I'm sure that closer to the time the NR website will be more accurate but this far ahead of the event, the line operator's website is where I would advise people to check.

Edit - Case in point and info for the Sussex Posse using the Brighton mainline - The NR website said the above but if you check the Southern website it will tell you that there are only engineering works that affect the Brighton mainline on Sunday up until 05:45 with bus replacements during the works.

Edited by Zahariel