Where are you all coming from?

Here's hoping that they don't spring anything on us past the already mentioned works on the District line that weekend.

I have checked and double checked National Rail's website. And it says there are no planned engineering works!

Probably because it's not a national rail section of track the tube is owned and run by someone else (London Underground Limited) which is in and of itself wholely owned by Transport for London.

The London Underground engineering works are on that website as is every other planned one across the country.

Problem being that the NR website is an amalgam of information taken from each rail operators website - Your best bet as with most things in life is to go direct to the source as the operator will know straight away what is going to happen on their line. I have checked the NR website for possible engineering works on the Southrn line from brighton to West Brompton and all they say is:

"It is not yet known how Southern services will be affected by engineering work from Saturday 12 to Friday 18 July 2014. Please check back nearer the time of travel."

Where as if you go to the Southern website they have each and every bit of engineering works laid out in detail and you can see whether it will or won't affect you journey. I'm sure that closer to the time the NR website will be more accurate but this far ahead of the event, the line operator's website is where I would advise people to check.

Edit - Case in point and info for the Sussex Posse using the Brighton mainline - The NR website said the above but if you check the Southern website it will tell you that there are only engineering works that affect the Brighton mainline on Sunday up until 05:45 with bus replacements during the works.

Ah bugger! Hope that doesn't mean the 07:06 is affected don't fancy getting the bus up!

It would all depend if the works over run - It's supposed to finish at 05:45 which would mean trains should be running normally after that. We won't know that until the Sunday but hopefully it's only a small job as they are only closing the line for 6hrs.

It would all depend if the works over run - It's supposed to finish at 05:45 which would mean trains should be running normally after that. We won't know that until the Sunday but hopefully it's only a small job as they are only closing the line for 6hrs.

Thanks. We can and must hope I suppose!

Galifrey, a small planet from within the constellation of Kasterborous. ;)

That sounds very far away, like in another time zone or something

I'm gonna need a TARDIS to get there on time and not have to get up so early I'm like a zombie. lol!

SOUTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND innit, ya get me?

Or as some would say "Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaffffffffennnnnnnnnd"

One does not say "Saaaaffffffend" one says "Southend" with the emphasis being on the TH so its not even "Souffend"

Which line are you taking? The Greater anglia or c2c? I can't decide which is best.

I've just seen this (so apologies for not replying sooner) my Friend is driving up. Although in the past when I've travelled up via train I've always gone with C2C. Get off at Fenchurch Street (obviously :) ) change for Tower Hill its fourteen stops... And it costs a bit cheaper, unless there are planned engineering works on the C2C line, in which case you can use your Train Ticket on the Greater Anglia line :)

• Like 3

Agree with KingRichard76. I travel from Basildon and We are driving up again this year too. For the past few years there have always been signal works on the C2C Southend to Fenchurch St line between Pitsea and Barking. Meaning that it goes round the route via Grays, Tilbury, Rainham etc and with up to 2 changes adding about 45 mins to your journey. It was a pain. Happened to me last year at Winter Con and also on the Sunday of Summer LFACC. Hopefully it isn't the case this year.

• Like 1

Gent (Belgium), I'll be travelling by bus (not a nice way to travel, but it's cheaper than the eurostar = more money for autographs). And stay from saturdaymorning to sundayevening.

we think we might be on the same bus...literally

we leave with a Megabus at 11.15 PM (in Antwerp, Belgium) on a friday

sleep on the bus, arrive in London at - 7.30

do LFCC for Saturday, take another bus a t9.30 PM saturday

arrive back home sunday morning

Walsall. I'll be travelling to London Thursday afternoon, staying at my sisters home and attending the Preview Night and Saturday. I can't wait! :)

Edited by DullyEL
  • Like 1

Ill be leaving my home about 5am on Saturday 12th july, getting a train from manchster Piccadilly about 6am, get to London Euston between 8am and 8:30am and arrive at earls court around 9am when the doors open.

ill be travelling back the same day. aim to set off back abour 3pm getting back home about 7pm

Edited by brooketessmacherfan
  • Like 1

N.E. Hampshire for me. Getting the first train out of our town Sunday morning. Current plan is train to Clapham, change and Overground to West Brompton. Most annoyed that the engineering works killed my original plan (train to Wimbledon, tube from there), come to think of it I think engineering works or emergency works broke that plan last time I came up to one of these as well (when it was up at Kensington Olympia).

• Like 2

Ill be leaving my home about 5am on Saturday 12th july, getting a train from manchster Piccadilly about 6am, get to London Euston between 8am and 8:30am and arrive at earls court around 9am when the doors open.ill be travelling back the same day. aim to set off back abour 3pm getting back home about 7pm

Just be prepared to join one massive queue at 9am

Ill be leaving my home about 5am on Saturday 12th july, getting a train from manchster Piccadilly about 6am, get to London Euston between 8am and 8:30am and arrive at earls court around 9am when the doors open.ill be travelling back the same day. aim to set off back abour 3pm getting back home about 7pm

Just be prepared to join one massive queue at 9am

Already am

Travelling down from Fife in Scotland on the Friday. Original plan was to do bit of sightseeing in London then Warner Bros Harry Potter tour on the Monday as part of daughters birthday present. Then saw Lfcc, she is a huge Marvel/Dr Who fan, so now we are coming on the Friday, and as a further birthday present she gets to meet Stan Lee too. Now I am just as excited as she is, cos some of the cast of Heroes are going to be there too, although bit disappointed that Giancarlo Esposito has cancelled. :-(

I'm still thinking about madame tussauds on the friday afternoon for the marvel stuff.

Is there much to see? Think train arrives at Kings Cross at ten to three, so not much time to get to our hotel and back to LFCC on the Friday, but I could take the girls over the weekend if it was worth a visit.:-)

Travelling down from Fife in Scotland on the Friday. Original plan was to do bit of sightseeing in London then Warner Bros Harry Potter tour on the Monday as part of daughters birthday present. Then saw Lfcc, she is a huge Marvel/Dr Who fan, so now we are coming on the Friday, and as a further birthday present she gets to meet Stan Lee too. Now I am just as excited as she is, cos some of the cast of Heroes are going to be there too, although bit disappointed that Giancarlo Esposito has cancelled. :-(

I'm still thinking about madame tussauds on the friday afternoon for the marvel stuff.
Is there much to see? Think train arrives at Kings Cross at ten to three, so not much time to get to our hotel and back to LFCC on the Friday, but I could take the girls over the weekend if it was worth a visit.:-)

I've never been, but there probably is. I ended up getting a ticket to see wicked as I've always wanted to see a show in London and hear it's very good :smile:

Staffordshire, coming down on the train Friday morning and stopping at the Kensington Olympia, head back Sunday night. Taking Monday off to recover!

Yeah I always take a day off too. A full weekend of this can be tiring! I'm staying at a hotel that's pretty close to both earl's court tube and the con too, which is always a good thing time wise

I'm from Belfast, so as always its a flight to London, then train from the airport, then a tube, then walkies to the hotel,, quick drop off of the luggage then a gentle sprint to the queue:)

I'm really looking forward to the whole weekend, oh and i'm wearing my Captain Chaos cosplay again:)

• Like 2

I've never been, but there probably is. I ended up getting a ticket to see wicked as I've always wanted to see a show in London and hear it's very good :smile:

I am obsessed with Wicked. Go every year with my daughter. If you go this year, you get to see one of the most amazing leading ladies in musical theatre in the role of Elphaba!

• Like 1