What time will be people be queuing from?

• Moderators

If you have booked tickets in advance to get a photo with a guest on the friday whats a good time to show up? Is it ok literally to turn up at 6?

It shouldn't take you too long to get in, but as Murph said, just check the schedule in case it's a very early one. No harm in turning up a little earlier just in case.

If you already have your photoshoot tickets and not planning to get autos then no need to get early at all, just turn up about 30 minutes before your first photoshoot.

If you will be getting virtual queue autograph tickets for some of the big name guests and want a lowish number (perhaps because you can't hang around all day) then probably an early start will be needed (say 6.30 a.m. / 7.00 a.m.), however, it's always quite difficult to judge how busy some guests will be and how fast they will sign. I remember big queues for William Shatner at MK in the past, but he signed so quickly that he was on an open queue by mid afternoon.

I remember arriving around 9.00 a.m. I think for the C4 Hobbit Mania and had a ridiculoulsy high VQ ticket for Sean Astin, but still managed to see him towards the end of the day. I think from memory Karen Gillan was also up into the 800s / 900s towards the end of the day as well at the LFCC.

I guess the risk you take is that a big guest, is also a slow signer, maybe because they want to take time with their fans, which is great, apart from the fact by mid afternoon they are only up to 120 and you have VQ ticket 500 !

Will the gates of Earls Court 2 be open on friday at noon?

Seriously? I can see by your signature that you are fairly new to these shows but there is no need to ever start queueing that early at these shows. Especially on the quieter days of Friday and Sunday. Even on busy days an hour or an hour and a half is fine. Plus when people come on this forum to throw around times like 6am it more often than not causes others to panic and wonder if they need to turn up early too. Everyone just turn up at a sensible time.

Sat I'll be getting in early enough for my photos I think (depends on my friend's thoughts on it too). Sunday aim to get there for 8am. Going to aim to get my autos on the Sunday because Saturday is always so hectic o_x

• Moderators

I've got normal Saturday tickets. If I rock up at say 09:30/10:00 for entry at 11:00, will that work or do I need to be there even earlier?

Thanks

MOTP

PS HODOR

You should be ok depending on what you want in the event and what times they are :)

• Like 1

folk are dedicated!!! I'll be rolling up at 9 at i still hope to have VT numbers in 400/500's. However i have never been to a LFCC is this not going to happen???

It depends on the guest. For Peter or Norman I imagine the numbers may be higher than that if you arrive at 9 AM only - you got to take into account that at this point there will be quite a line already.

Gosh a line of possibly 500 + at that time already. I can't quite imagine the scale of this!!! Lucky for me i'm there on the Friday so will hopefully get Peter on the Friday and Norman on the Sunday.

Oh well there certainly will be a buzz about the place :thumbup:

Will the gates of Earls Court 2 be open on friday at noon?

Seriously? I can see by your signature that you are fairly new to these shows but there is no need to ever start queueing that early at these shows. Especially on the quieter days of Friday and Sunday. Even on busy days an hour or an hour and a half is fine. Plus when people come on this forum to throw around times like 6am it more often than not causes others to panic and wonder if they need to turn up early too. Everyone just turn up at a sensible time.

I agree. Went to a signing event the other week and because some fans decided to camp out, it caused a major panic as they kept tweeting how many people had turned up! There is really no need for panic to be caused like that. And even then is the waiting around really worth it?

• Showmasters Admin

folk are dedicated!!! I'll be rolling up at 9 at i still hope to have VT numbers in 400/500's. However i have never been to a LFCC is this not going to happen???

It depends on the guest. For Peter or Norman I imagine the numbers may be higher than that if you arrive at 9 AM only - you got to take into account that at this point there will be quite a line already.

QS is right if you role up at 9am you have to take into account the doors will have only just opened, so there will likely be a very very big queue in front of you. It'll take a while for you just to get in the door.

I'm going on Friday to try and see the DS9 people, and hope it will be quieter then!

I won't queue early for Saturday - last year was my first con, and we went there nice and early to Olympia, but it didn't help at all, as the bazillion people who arrived after us were directed into the venue first.

Gosh a line of possibly 500 + at that time already. I can't quite imagine the scale of this!!! Lucky for me i'm there on the Friday so will hopefully get Peter on the Friday and Norman on the Sunday.

Oh well there certainly will be a buzz about the place :thumbup:

The thing to remember is that in the morning most of the VT tickets are dealt out early as the hardcore autograph collectors get in early. Things will quiet down after a while.

Peter Dinklage, David Hasselhof, Lena Headey, Danny Glover, Amanda Tapping, Sarah Wayne Callies, Ray Park, Michael Shanks, Al Matthews, Peter Mayhew, Will Yun Lee, Ralph Brown, Adrienne Barbeau, Courtney Gains, John Franklin, Dee Wallace, Clive Russell, Kristian Nairn, Richard Dormer, Rene Auberjonois, Kristanna Loken

And if my money allows it (so very unlikely): Lexa Doig, Nicole de Boer, Dan Yeager, Armin Shimerman, Eoin Macken, Tom Hopper

I know, a load of guests. But I'll be there all day and quite early, so I'm hoping for the best. And I realise I'll probably spend the entire day queueing, but I'm okay with that. Haven't got anything else planned.

Peter Dinklage, David Hasselhof, Lena Headey, Danny Glover, Amanda Tapping, Sarah Wayne Callies, Ray Park, Michael Shanks, Al Matthews, Peter Mayhew, Will Yun Lee, Ralph Brown, Adrienne Barbeau, Courtney Gains, John Franklin, Dee Wallace, Clive Russell, Kristian Nairn, Richard Dormer, Rene Auberjonois, Kristanna Loken

And if my money allows it (so very unlikely): Lexa Doig, Nicole de Boer, Dan Yeager, Armin Shimerman, Eoin Macken, Tom Hopper

I know, a load of guests. But I'll be there all day and quite early, so I'm hoping for the best. And I realise I'll probably spend the entire day queueing, but I'm okay with that. Haven't got anything else planned.

Expect the busiest from your list to be Peter Dinklage and Lena headey followed by Danny Glover. From the rest I'd also expect Hasselhoff, Callies, Shanks and Tapping to be fairly busy. In order to meet all of them though I'd reccomend being outside by 8am if not earlier to get in and get decent numbered VTs