Talks at LFCC updated on 25th of june

Just to confirm the Gold pass holders just need to walk in right? No need to purchase or queue up for tickets in the morning... We're given seats at the front as long as we're there before the start and if we're late or arrive after the start we can stand at the back or fill in the gaps?

(I asked QS a long while back but can't for the life of me find it...sorry for the repeat...)

Was only going to go to the Star Trek and Stargate ones but seeing these I'll probably head over to the Hoff, Star Wars, Danny Glover and Terminator talks too... depending on clashes with photos and all...

Edited by Zahariel

I also think it would have been awesome to have Peter Kent do a talk (possibly with Kristanna Loken) just imagine all the stories he could tell, that would be so excellent.

Peter will probably be doing the terminator "free" talk on Sunday-now that's a Q & A show i will not miss!

if there is one man who has amazing & funny tales to tell at this show it's Peter Kent!

Arnie and the sauce tell from kindergarten cop never gets old

Just to confirm the Gold pass holders just need to walk in right? No need to purchase or queue up for tickets in the morning... We're given seats at the front as long as we're there before the start and if we're late or arrive after the start we can stand at the back or fill in the gaps?

(I asked QS a long while back but can't for the life of me find it...sorry for the repeat...)

Was only going to go to the Star Trek and Stargate ones but seeing these I'll probably head over to the Hoff, Star Wars, Danny Glover and Terminator talks too... depending on clashes with photos and all...

could be wrong but thought gold pass holders needed to get tickets for the "free" talk shows in the morning but as they get let in first they should pick up what they want as long as they get there early(9am)-and for the paid talks they have special seating/arrangements so no need to worry as long as they've bought a talk ticket

As far as I'm aware, it's only the Mortal Intsruments talk that Gold pass holders need a ticket for

Yes, that's my understanding but it's fine as I'm not interested in that one anyway. All others you just turn up before hall is loaded to get in gold area. Turn up late and you'll prob be at the back.

Yeah in the past I've always been asked what tickets I wanted for talks when picking up my Gold. However this was a factor that SM identified thats really sloweds down the process of giving out Gold Passes. Now that they give out the wristbands outside in the queue rather than having you queue up at the organisers booth then maybe they have changed the process for this.

could be wrong but thought gold pass holders needed to get tickets for the "free" talk shows in the morning but as they get let in first they should pick up what they want as long as they get there early(9am)-and for the paid talks they have special seating/arrangements so no need to worry as long as they've bought a talk ticket

sorry i got that one wrong! :help: bad boy

-yes you guys are correct its only the mortal instrument talk gold need to Q for

Yeah in the past I've always been asked what tickets I wanted for talks when picking up my Gold. However this was a factor that SM identified thats really sloweds down the process of giving out Gold Passes. Now that they give out the wristbands outside in the queue rather than having you queue up at the organisers booth then maybe they have changed the process for this.

It was only last year you had to tell them what talks you intended to go to. Previously there's been enough seats for golds at the front so you could just turn up whenever you could and still get to front but I appreciate why they've changed it so there's not loads of empty seats in some talks. Just a minor issue that it's not always possible to get there early depending on other stuff but we'll see how it goes.

I also think it would have been awesome to have Peter Kent do a talk (possibly with Kristanna Loken) just imagine all the stories he could tell, that would be so excellent.

Peter will probably be doing the terminator "free" talk on Sunday-now that's a Q & A show i will not miss!

if there is one man who has amazing & funny tales to tell at this show it's Peter Kent!

Arnie and the sauce tell from kindergarten cop never gets old

Oh cripes! Just noticed that, at my age my eyes don't work as well as they did. Shame I won't be there on the Sunday. :(

Are we allowed to record videos of these talks? Thanks in advance

No. Videoing is banned, even though some idiots still do it and upload it which potentially puts this kind of thing in jeopardy. You can take photos only and flash only for the first couple of mins.

• Like 1

Are we allowed to record videos of these talks? Thanks in advance

No. Videoing is banned, even though some idiots still do it and upload it which potentially puts this kind of thing in jeopardy. You can take photos only and flash only for the first couple of mins.

Thanks for the info - Was about to ask about the photographs...

3 talk stages last time compared to 1 this time?

Last LFACC had three already. Unless I imagined Ben Browder on stage at talk area C. ;)

That's what I meant, 3 stages at last LFCC but there is only 1 this time?

Ok thanks for answering. Would you say im at risk being thrown out if I took photographs then or not?

As I said in my answer. Photographs are fine (unless stated otherwise) but you can only use flash for the first 2 mins or so. After that, you can continue to take photos but can't use flash. Personally I never use flash anyway, even with desk photos if I can get away without it which usually isn't a problem with my equipment.

Have a look at my photos from last year if you're interested https://picasaweb.google.com/howard.crowe/LondonFilmComicCon2012

Ok thanks for answering. Would you say im at risk being thrown out if I took photographs then or not?

As I said in my answer. Photographs are fine (unless stated otherwise) but you can only use flash for the first 2 mins or so. After that, you can continue to take photos but can't use flash. Personally I never use flash anyway, even with desk photos if I can get away without it which usually isn't a problem with my equipment.

Have a look at my photos from last year if you're interested https://picasaweb.go...ilmComicCon2012

Great guests you met. Off topic I know sorry but I read that its possible to get digital copies of photo shoot pics? How would I go about getting these on the day? Thanks alot

No David for the Star Wars talk? Shame :/ still, great that it's free! + SWC talk too! :D

Ta,

Che-Snake :)

I don't really know enough about SW to be in the talk..

Although I would normally be ashamed that you said that, I do think you should have your own talk.

Ta,

Che-Snake ;)

Have a look at my photos from last year if you're interested https://picasaweb.go...ilmComicCon2012

Great guests you met. Off topic I know sorry but I read that its possible to get digital copies of photo shoot pics? How would I go about getting these on the day? Thanks alot

Digital copies can be purchased after the event from here http://showmasters.photoshelter.com/
  • Like 1

I am very disheartened my the amount of paid for talks this year. While there aren't as many as last year it's just such a shame to see that paid for talks are becoming the trend.

I had hoped showmasters had learned their lesson after last year.

I am very disheartened my the amount of paid for talks this year. While there aren't as many as last year it's just such a shame to see that paid for talks are becoming the trend.

I had hoped showmasters had learned their lesson after last year.

I agree