This will be the last Hub convention

showmasters

That's a shame but I guess a line has to be drawn somewhere.

We've loved all the Hubs we've been to - just can't do this one because it clashes with a family commitment. They've all been fun, from the big ones at the beggining to the smaller ones in recent times (Hub 6 was an absolute blast, loved it).

Hope to see some of the regulars at other events.

Well done SM for giving us Torchwood fans so many good weekends.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inevitable, but still heartbreaking!

Thanks for all of the great memories. I only made it to two Hubs (4 and 7, the rest clashed with exams!), but they were both so, so wonderful. Honestly, they will always rank as being some of the best weekends of my life. The guests, the talks, the parties! Oh God, so many memories! I'm glad that I managed to get a nice long video of Hub 7, I can always watch that if I start to miss it too much.

Wish I could be there to say goodbye at Hub 8, but exams are once again the issue. (Stupid AS Levels!)

Maybe one day, we'll have a Hub 9 in the distant future! Hey, we can hope :')

God, I'm going to miss Hub as much as I miss Ianto.

Big hugs from me. See you all at other events, I hope!

I think we all saw it coming, but it's sad all the same.

Hub 3 was my first ever convention, and I met so many wonderful people who I'm still friends with now. It introduced me to other SM cons, and I wouldn't be the nerd I am without it ^^ I only made Hubs 3, 4 and 7, and unfortunately won't be able to make 8 due to funds, but I hope everyone who can go has a wonderful time, and thanks to SM for running an awesome series of conventions, and giving me so many amazing memories from those three weekends! Hopefully it shall be replaced with an equally awesome new series of cons :smile:

GUTTED :-(

Only got into Torchwood in time to go to Hub 7, was planning on going to all of them from now on though!

Really sad.

Just have to hope for a season 5 of Torchwood and then hopefully they will try a Hub 9!

i was the same, knew about Hub 6 but was too late to go to it, so signed up for Hub 7 and had a brill time. Gutted it has to happen but thats life i guess. and like the rest of ya fingers are crossed for Season 5 :smile:

I've done all of them, and have a load of brilliant memories...

Jack's office at Hub 1

Swingtime Sweethearts

The "carnival" themed parties (Too Tall as the strongman! :D )

The lovely badge-making ladies in the dealer's room (ta for the Ghostmaker badge!)

A good one from Hub7...

Press the button for the hotel lift and wait. Now, when the door opens, you automatically start to walk forward, don't you? I did, saw the lift was crowded, and then recognized JB at the back, with his mum and a minder, and stopped dead. What do you say? "Er, I'll get the next one?" :D

Silly I know, but it's the unexpected moments you treasure the most.

Incidentally, will there be any announcement about the proposed Dr Who con at Hub8? If it can be held I would expect to see some of the Hub regulars there. Here's hoping!

Oh yes i remember Jacks office and the party we had in there one night as well, that was fun.

I did wonder whether they could amalgamate a torchwood/Dr who con myself you could have cast from both shows then, not really into Dr Who but would def go to a mixed con if there was one.

Edited by buffy2k

Oh yes i remember Jacks office and the party we had in there one night as well, that was fun.

I did wonder whether they could amalgamate a torchwood/Dr who con myself you could have cast from both shows then, not really into Dr Who but would def go to a mixed con if there was one.

Well, the first Bad Wolf had a few Torchwood guests, along with the Who ones, so it's not impossible, as an event. There are always the big signing shows, though. But they're not for everyone, so it would be good if the SM/ME Dr Who con does actually happen :D I know the placeholder has been up since last November, but the BBC must have told you something by now, guys...?

it's the unexpected moments you treasure the most.

YES :D;):wub::YAHOO::P:blink::clap::lol::D

I think that about covers Hub 1 gold pass drinks, for me!

Edited by laurab1

Sad to hear Hub is ending but it's understandable since the series is gonna be off-air for a while.

I've been to Hubs 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 and had a blast. Hub was my first weekend con and gave me the convention bug! I owe so much to it. Thank you guys for making this event so brilliant!

Edited by Jemzamia

After much deliberation (thought about it so much last night) I have decided that unfortunately I won't be able to come to the last Hub. :thumbup: I now regret not getting tickets earlier but I don't have the cash. I'm feeling okay about it at the moment but ask me again on the morning it starts and I will be absolutely gutted.

I hope everyone has an amazing time, and makes the last one go with a bang. I'm going to try and do another con later in the year, maybe LFCC or something but for now, it is goodbye. God that has made me feel incredibly sad!.

xxx

Awww this is a shame, but I guess along with others I could see it coming.

I'm really hoping to pop along if I can find a relatively cheap hotel to stay in.

I've done every Hub so far, and will really miss this one.

I'll be sad if you're not there. I'm making it my birthday celebration weekend. I'm even thinking of making up my own themes, seeing as there are no party themes so far.

I'm gutted to hear that it's going to be the last one and even more gutted that I won't be there! It's just not looking possible to get there for me cash-wise and I've thought for a while that I may have to stop going unfortunately since uni. I've been to Hubs 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 and they were honestly such fun weekends and I've made some good friends at them so I just wanna say thanks Massive Events and everyone who went :thumbup: I hope everyone has a great time at this one and hopefully I'll be at more events in the future!

I am cursing up a storm here.

Due to financial trouble, I've not been able to make it to 7 and probably wont be able to make it to this last one either and its PISSING me off! Seriously. This convention is by far my favorite and I'm gonna miss it terribly.

The people and feeling of it managed to brighten my entire year both at 1,5 and 6 *(couldn't make it to 2,3 and 4 due to work). Not to mention breaking through my writers block.

Question thats probably been ask already, but is there a possibility of it returning if/when interest in the show picks up again with a new season?

As for a mixed Doctor Who/Torchwood convention: BRING IT ON!!!!

Currently trying to move hell and then some to make it to Hub 8. Will have to buy a ticket on the door.

There can't be a Hub without an appearance of a Fish in a Sportscar..... (and Showmasters might need one of my DVD's again, like last time...) :D

Sad....I'd always hoped to make it over to the UK for one more Hub convention. I attended 2 & 3, they were the catalyst for me achieving one of my dreams of visiting England, and made friends and had a blast with my fellow fans. I wish I could be there for the farewell, but i'll be thinking of you all. :smile:

I'm moving heaven and earth to try and be at this Hub! The Hubs I've been to before have been the best cons of my life and Hub 2 was my first ever Showmasters con so I really don't want to miss this last one.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it :)