Latest guest announcement - JERI RYAN

Wondered how it will work for people accompanying someone with a prepaid autograph ticket,I will have my son and daughter with me and usually we all go up together to meet a guest even if we only buy one autograph getting the necessary VTs. Will they still be able to come with me if i have a prepaid ticket or will it just be me that will be able to go up for the autograph.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondered how it will work for people accompanying someone with a prepaid autograph ticket,I will have my son and daughter with me and usually we all go up together to meet a guest even if we only buy one autograph getting the necessary VTs. Will they still be able to come with me if i have a prepaid ticket or will it just be me that will be able to go up for the autograph.

Thats a very good point, if people are able to acompany 'prepaid' auto holders then the old 'no you need a virtual ticket to join your friend in line' argument can't be used anymore.

My suspicion is that it would be VERY difficult to adminster Slipps (or any other) approach that stopped people buying 'extra' tickets. Nonetheless, it could lead to problems, because in a way by buying the first ticket online you are effectively guaranteeing your place in the queue...

...but just for the one auto, which could easily be printed to say as much on the 'ticket'.

For SM, there are two questions here.

First, what is the fair thing to do? It would probably be somewhat unfair for people with pre-tickets to be able to buy extra tickets on the day without getting a VT.

Second, if we assume it is unfair, how do we actually administrate things such that it can't happen?

Offering a flip side to point one, my personal view is that life is unfair. The bottom line, regarding Jeri, is that if you don't buy a ticket in advance you are going to have to turn up at 6AM and start queueing. If you turn up at 10AM, forget it. So you have two choices - buy in advance, or queue at 6AM. Given that there is no difference in price, buy in advance is clearly the preferred option. But I understand there is a cashflow issue for some, which leads on to one of the unintended consequences of this change - more affluent con-goers will go for the pre-tickets, and the less affluent will go for the on-the-day option.

On the second part, I think SM probably have a few options. But they are going to slow down the flow of people somewhat. My bet is that if I were to look at all the options, the one that resulted in the least time lost overall would be to let people buy additional tickets without getting a new VT.

My suspicion is that it would be VERY difficult to adminster Slipps (or any other) approach that stopped people buying 'extra' tickets. Nonetheless, it could lead to problems, because in a way by buying the first ticket online you are effectively guaranteeing your place in the queue...

...but just for the one auto, which could easily be printed to say as much on the 'ticket'.

For SM, there are two questions here.

First, what is the fair thing to do? It would probably be somewhat unfair for people with pre-tickets to be able to buy extra tickets on the day without getting a VT.

Second, if we assume it is unfair, how do we actually administrate things such that it can't happen?

Offering a flip side to point one, my personal view is that life is unfair. The bottom line, regarding Jeri, is that if you don't buy a ticket in advance you are going to have to turn up at 6AM and start queueing. If you turn up at 10AM, forget it. So you have two choices - buy in advance, or queue at 6AM. Given that there is no difference in price, buy in advance is clearly the preferred option. But I understand there is a cashflow issue for some, which leads on to one of the unintended consequences of this change - more affluent con-goers will go for the pre-tickets, and the less affluent will go for the on-the-day option.

On the second part, I think SM probably have a few options. But they are going to slow down the flow of people somewhat. My bet is that if I were to look at all the options, the one that resulted in the least time lost overall would be to let people buy additional tickets without getting a new VT.

So basically say a big "STUFF YOU" to all the folks that cannot get there for 6am or that do not have the facility to pay in advance.

How is that anything other than crapping on ALOT of people from a very great height...just because it is easier to do it that way than the right way?

Anyone that buys one prepay ticket gets one prepay auto. The same crew member that takes payments for the number of autos you are having with a regular VQ ticket, could do exactly the same thing with a pre pay ticket.

I don't see why this aspect is being made an issue..? The prepay ticket is examined by the crew member and the number of autos pre-paid for is written clearly on the ticket. Any more that are required in addition are dealt with afterwards by rejoining the queue with the rest of the regular crowd. If a person has presented a prepay ticket but then asks there-and-then and asks to have more, he/she should be politely told something along the lines of "I'm sorry but you have your prepay autograph ticket(s) We cannot add more to that here as that would be unfair to all the other people. Please go ahead and collect your prepays, then you can rejoin the VT queue if you would still like extras"

The prepay idea/option cannot be used as a carte blanche excuse for some small (by SM's own admition, limited) number of people to trample on the chances of all the equally valid other attendees present on the day, who would like to get an auto. That is just self indulgently selfish.

You get the number of pre-orders you have paid for, anything else additional HAS TO BE from scratch or will be stupidly one sided. Pre-paying should only get you so far. Anything else and I suspect that SM will have a lot of angry and disappointed fans on their hands and an epic fail which will probably never be repeated.

Even if it takes longer, it has to be fair...or not done at all.

Edited by SlippDigby

So basically say a big "STUFF YOU" to all the folks that cannot get there for 6am or that do not have the facility to pay in advance.

That's the case right now. If we didn't have prepay in this case, and I turned up at 10am I'd have more chance of getting struck by lightning than of getting a viable VT for Ryan. Fact. That's the situation we're in right now. Is that fair? Well, it's first come, first serve, and your view on whether that's fair probably depends on whether you are able to get there at 6AM. This is just an extension to first come first serve. I have already bought my ticket to meet Jeri Ryan - fact. Therefore, my auto is guaranteed. Simples.

Anyway, if you'd have bothered to read my post :

It would probably be somewhat unfair for people with pre-tickets to be able to buy extra tickets on the day without getting a VT.

You'd see that I agree it probably would be unfair for the pre-ticket people to get to buy extra tickets on the day without a VT. My point was that it might not be entirely straightforward for SM to stop it in such a way that it eliminated all the edge cases, but also didn't slow down the queues. I posited that the inevitable arguments and requests for explanations would probably create more delays than would be caused by just letting them through.

That's the case right now. If we didn't have prepay in this case, and I turned up at 10am I'd have more chance of getting struck by lightning than of getting a viable VT for Ryan. Fact. That's the situation we're in right now. Is that fair? Well, it's first come, first serve, and your view on whether that's fair probably depends on whether you are able to get there at 6AM. This is just an extension to first come first serve. I have already bought my ticket to meet Jeri Ryan - fact. Therefore, my auto is guaranteed. Simples.

Anyway, if you'd have bothered to read my post :

It would probably be somewhat unfair for people with pre-tickets to be able to buy extra tickets on the day without getting a VT.

You'd see that I agree it probably would be unfair for the pre-ticket people to get to buy extra tickets on the day without a VT. My point was that it might not be entirely straightforward for SM to stop it in such a way that it eliminated all the edge cases, but also didn't slow down the queues. I posited that the inevitable arguments and requests for explanations would probably create more delays than would be caused by just letting them through.

Anyway, if you'd have bothered to read my post

I did actually read it, I was just following through with some ideas to conclusion. My responses were not in any way intended to be a personal slight against you Mike.

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

i think we all need to slow down and just wait till a little closer to the show when we will inform everyone what we have planed for the pre order autograph tickets , this is what we do run events and we have things in place to make it fare for you all to get what you have paid for , we do have a plan but we will be going over it at our next meeting to double cheque this 100% before we go in to it on here like we do for all our new activatys , so we have a working system and this will work fine so please do not get tired up trying to work out ho wits going to work or how it can be cheated , its not that hard to make this work and on the day it will be fine for everyone pre paid and non pre paid so please all of you do not worry and just enjoy that we have Jeri as one of our guests .

we have some great guest in the works for LFCC and Collectormaina so watch this space

jason :WAVE:

so lets get back on topic

JERI RYAN :wub::YAHOO::YAHOO:

j

we have some great guest in the works for LFCC and Collectormaina so watch this space

I'll be practically bankrupt with the ones we already have, be in debt if you keep announcing such great guests :D

Me to.

Me three.

Fair comment from SM Admin. It's all (from me) just due to my enthusiasm for the event. It's going to be great.

If Ms Ryan reads this thread, I hope she realises that all this (enganged though sometimes slightly heated) discussion, is purely just an indication of exactly how popular a guest choice she will clearly already is.

Great guest SM, as per ususal. Please do keep them coming.

I'll be practically bankrupt with the ones we already have, be in debt if you keep announcing such great guests :D

Me to.

Me three.

Fair comment from SM Admin. It's all (from me) just due to my enthusiasm for the event. It's going to be great.

If Ms Ryan reads this thread, I hope she realises that all this (enganged though sometimes slightly heated) discussion, is purely just an indication of exactly how popular a guest choice she will clearly already is.

Great guest SM, as per ususal. Please do keep them coming.

Awesome guest, SM you will make me spend so much money, and I LOVE IT!!! :)

Edited by Wondermoose

This was the straw that broke the banks back!! ;)

When Jeri said yes, we said yes!! :YAHOO::dance:

Can't wait to meet her again, she is such a lovely lady to meet and stunningly gorgeous to boot :)

Got the autographs, talk and photos already booked :)

7 of 9 is the best!!!! :D