Latest guest announcement - JERI RYAN

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister was really excited about Jeri Ryan until she saw the price for an autograph, she can't afford it and I can't help her out, shame

I don't want to specifically pick on you, but how much did she think Ryan was going to be? I'm sorry if this sounds mean (it's not intended to be), but is money so tight that she can't find an extra £10 for an event that's six months away? If there's a surprise it's that the American guests don't all push their price up - the exchange rate is very different than it was. I think this is a realistic price for Ryan, and bottom line if it wasn't worth her while she wouldn't come over - in which case we'd be in the same boat anyway.

I tend to think pushing the prices up is the only realistic way some of these 'next tier up' guests will ever come over. Don't forget Jeri has been successful on a variety of shows since Voyager - she's definitely a top tier guest for SM.

Edited by MikeDonovan

I agree. Events like this are getting more expensive for me, but I would never complain, getting the chance to meet people like Jeri Ryan and Christopher Lambert, not to mention the others in the polls that would be more expensive guests is a dream come true for me. I'd never let how much they cost stop me from getting the money together. And it's great that not only are we getting an announcement like this so early on in the year, but we're getting the opportunity to pay for the autograph now or save the money and meet her at the time.

But just to clarify, gold pass holders can join the queue anytime (even with pre-paid)?

As this pre-ordering autographs is a new thing, how will it work for Gold pass holders? Will we still be able to join the queue at any time (whether we've pre-ordered or not) or is it going to be in strict ticket number order because of the limited time available?

I will try and get this clarified.

Edit: Clarification received - Gold Pass holders operate as per normal with Jerri, i.e. you may join the queue whenever you want.

Isn't the pre-ordering just for people who can't make it on the day or have I missed something?

But just to clarify, gold pass holders can join the queue anytime (even with pre-paid)?

As this pre-ordering autographs is a new thing, how will it work for Gold pass holders? Will we still be able to join the queue at any time (whether we've pre-ordered or not) or is it going to be in strict ticket number order because of the limited time available?

Edit: Clarification received - Gold Pass holders operate as per normal with Jerri, i.e. you may join the queue whenever you want.

Isn't the pre-ordering just for people who can't make it on the day or have I missed something?

no thats done through 10th planet

this is a new thing for SM, selling online like the photo shoots, this way you guarantee to get it! bbut its nota new thing in the world of cons, american ones do it all the time, just not so often done in the uk I dont think.

Also and I hope i'm not becoming annoying xP but could I buy just one autograph for both mine and my sisters name to go on it. We where able to last year but I just wanted to make sure.

I want to ask again as I want to know asap but I understand your all busy but a answer would be very nice when anyone has time :)

that would be fine

hope that helps

jason

assuming i have read your reply correctly this appears to say that a personalised autograph is guaranteed ?

Also and I hope i'm not becoming annoying xP but could I buy just one autograph for both mine and my sisters name to go on it. We where able to last year but I just wanted to make sure.

I want to ask again as I want to know asap but I understand your all busy but a answer would be very nice when anyone has time :)

that would be fine

hope that helps

jason

assuming i have read your reply correctly this appears to say that a personalised autograph is guaranteed ?

I'm reading this as a personalisation saying "to Josh and Amy" is fine and they don't have to get two autographs with one saying "to Josh" and the other "two Amy." But I will double check for you.

that would be fine

hope that helps

jason

I'm reading this as a personalisation saying "to Josh and Amy" is fine and they don't have to get two autographs with one saying "to Josh" and the other "two Amy." But I will double check for you.

Sorry, I must not be being clear. I wasn't really querying whether it would okay to have a double personalisation on one photo.

What I meant was that sometimes personalisations of any kind aren't allowed, especially with popular guests. I was asking if this meant that Jeri Ryan will definitely be doing personalisations. After all, if I had been told beforehand that personalisations were a-ok and when I got there I was told they weren't allowed, I'd be gutted.

• Showmasters Admin

that would be fine

hope that helps

jason

That is what Jason is saying, but from that Dee is then asking "does that mean personalised autographs are guaranteed?".

As always we can never guarantee them, Jason was purely answering the question can I have 2 names put on it, which IF personalisations are being done is fine. Jason's statement in no way guarentees that everyone will get a personalised autograph, as things can and do change.

• Moderators

Sorry, I must not be being clear. I wasn't really querying whether it would okay to have a double personalisation on one photo.

What I meant was that sometimes personalisations of any kind aren't allowed, especially with popular guests. I was asking if this meant that Jeri Ryan will definitely be doing personalisations. After all, if I had been told beforehand that personalisations were a-ok and when I got there I was told they weren't allowed, I'd be gutted.

To be honest, I doubt they'll confirm either way whether personalisations will be allowed at all - often something like that really does just come down to how fast things are going on the day. They don't want to be in the position of saying they'll definitely be allowed and then have to rescind that on the day when the queue is moving too slowly any more than we want to get there and be told that!

• Showmasters Admin

As always we want them to be and it will be our intention to have them, BUT it's not a guarentee.

I don't want someone beleiving personilsations are 100% guarenteed. We will do our best and we want them to happen, but as in the past they "may" have to be stopped, and Jason's comment is in no way a guarentee.

As always we can never guarantee them, Jason was purely answering the question can I have 2 names put on it, which IF personalisations are being done is fine. Jason's statement in no way guarentees that everyone will get a personalised autograph, as things can and do change.

1. How often does it happen that a guest wont personalize because they dont want to?

2. And how often because they are so popular that you tell them that there is no time for it?

Just wondering :)

To be honest, I doubt they'll confirm either way whether personalisations will be allowed at all - often something like that really does just come down to how fast things are going on the day. They don't want to be in the position of saying they'll definitely be allowed and then have to rescind that on the day when the queue is moving too slowly any more than we want to get there and be told that!

As always we want them to be and it will be our intention to have them, BUT it's not a guarentee.

I don't want someone beleiving personilsations are 100% guarenteed. We will do our best and we want them to happen, but as in the past they "may" have to be stopped, and Jason's comment is in no way a guarentee.

Okay, that's all I wanted clarified, as from the original answers it looked like they were doing just that - confirming that the personalisation in question would be allowed; offering a guarantee.

If that wasn't the case (as I suspected), then I just wanted to make sure it was cleared up, as I would have been disappointed if I'd acted on that information myself. The answers could have been clearer :)

Edited by dee

• Showmasters Admin

Okay, that's all I wanted clarified, as from the original answers it looked like they were doing just that - confirming that the personalisation in question would be allowed; offering a guarantee.

If that wasn't the case (as I suspected), then I just wanted to make sure it was cleared up, as I would have been disappointed if I'd acted on that information myself. The answers could have been clearer :)

I understand that, it's cool. Jason was just answering the direct question which was "can I have 2 names added?", and under the usual circumstrances it will be fine. He didn't further clarify "only if pesonalisations are being allowed", but then he was just quickly answering the direct question.

Happy it's now clarified.

Sorry, that is what I was going to try and get clarified - I read the original answer as stated above and not the way you put it. But TooTall solved the mystery now. ;)

no thats done through 10th planet

this is a new thing for SM, selling online like the photo shoots, this way you guarantee to get it! bbut its nota new thing in the world of cons, american ones do it all the time, just not so often done in the uk I dont think.

I think I understand. So it's a separate thing from the gold pass. Is there a limit to how many you can pre-order?

Is is something like you buy the autographs you want and then you can just show that particular ticket to get into the queues you've pre-paid for rather than getting a VT? And all the others just work as normal, eg. get a ticket if needed and wait around if you havent pre-paid.

Edited by Charmer

I think I understand. So it's a separate thing from the gold pass. Is there a limit to how many you can pre-order?

Is is something like you buy the autographs you want and then you can just show that particular ticket to get into the queues you've pre-paid for rather than getting a VT? And all the others just work as normal, eg. get a ticket if needed and wait around if you havent pre-paid.

No limit apparently, at least I just tried and the store let me put 15 in the cart.

Jason has posted his a couple of pages earlier:

we plan to number the per pay autograph tickets and we will call number batches for pre bought the same as we call up numbers for VQ tickets and they will be called up at the same time so pre bought tickets so they will not go in first or last but be blended in over the day , this means no one is at a disadvantage and its fare for all the fans per order and on the day collectors alike .

So yes, you have understood correct.

No limit apparently, at least I just tried and the store let me put 15 in the cart.

Jason has posted his a couple of pages earlier:

we plan to number the per pay autograph tickets and we will call number batches for pre bought the same as we call up numbers for VQ tickets and they will be called up at the same time so pre bought tickets so they will not go in first or last but be blended in over the day , this means no one is at a disadvantage and its fare for all the fans per order and on the day collectors alike .

So yes, you have understood correct.

Thanks for that. So it'll kind of be something like "VT 1-100 and Pre-paid 1-50" or something but you'll know you'll definately get in as opposed to a slight chance off missing out if you dont pre-pay.

One last question, do I just go into the shop to buy them as theres nothing on the link on the website when I click the pre-paid button?