where would you like a new big signing event to be ?

showmasters

232 members have voted

1. 1. location choice 1

• Manchester
    • Belfast
    • Norwich
    • Edinburgh
    • Swindon
    • none of the above
  2. 2. location choice 2

• Cardiff
    • Birmingham
    • Carlisle
    • Sheffield
    • none of the above
  3. 3. location choice 3

• Newcastle
    • Bristol
    • Southampton
    • Leeds
    • Belfast
    • none of the above

Norwich or Ipswich sound great for me as I live between the two! :D:borg::(

I agree, but we are a bit off the beaten track here, and at least for the summer 2012, the Olympics will have a negative effect on rail transport and hotel availabilty in ths south east. Nice thought, though that we could have a local con, especially re Star Trek....

As an oldie, I do have a bias for older cult series,but realise that younger fans have different priorities.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I voted

1 - Norwich (despite it being a boring city. I spent 40 long years there one weekend last year.)

2 - None of the above. (Too far to travel by public transport. Add that to the cost of various autographs and you have to question the finances)

3 - Southampton - (not a place I've been too but at least the south of the country gets represented)

Are you looking for locations just for signings like Collectormania or for cons as well?

• 5 weeks later...

I voted for Birmingham full stop because the only other event in the area has gone from bad to worse just altely and I think that Showmasters would do a show to beat all shows at the NEC or thereabouts. I hope that Birmingham gets the vote

I voted for Birmingham for a couple of reasons. 1 the current events in the area are getting worse each year and have no big name stars, and 2 I don't drive, so it would be a lot closer and easier to get to(which isn't to say that we won't be coming to the LFCC this year)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did Manchester cause its about a hour on the train South for me, followed by Birmingham as thats about 3 hour drive South. Then none of the above as their all pretty far and places I've never really been to. Used to love Collectormania Gmex as it was so close to home. I'd say do one at Blackpool but I don't wish my fate on any of you even just for a weekend

Although I'd like Edinburgh and Birmingham as those are two cities I enjoy visiting, I'd really love one in Newcastle, as it is the only choice I could actually get to and back in one day, thus dramatically increasing my ability to attend (I work Sundays, so this limits my options).

• 3 weeks later...

I voted

1. Norwich (because it's close by)

2. Birmingham (because it's well connected)

3. Newcastle (because I went to Uni there and need little excuse to return)

but to be honest I think Showmasters should concentrate on ironing out the issues with the existing events (photo pickup, guest location and comfort, visitor comfort and safety, queuing and so on) before expanding into new locations.

Edited by Rainbowchazer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream last night that there was a Newcastle Film and Comic Con and the headline guest was Natalie Portman.

If it comes true I am going to point everyone back to this post to marvel at my premonition......