Buzz Aldrin appearance rescheduled for next year

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Unfortunately Buzz has had to pull out of this years event.

We tried incredibly hard to come up with a solution to the problems but were unable to overcome them.

Buzz has now agreed to come over next year and attend the Autographica in Birmingham.

Below is Buzz,s official statement .

We hope you all understand and please be aware that we are working hard to add astronaut guests to the show.

Buzzletter-1.jpg

Please keep checking the forum for updates on guests and information about the show.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mixed feelings on this, obviously gutted he's cancelled because I was looking forward to meeting him but on the other hand the finance side was causing me a bit of a headache after spending out quite a lot on home improvements in recent months so from that perspective a postponement has its plus points.

One question, did he charge you for the signature on the letter?!

Non-refundable hotel booking, and a ruined 40th birthday treat for my wife. (Was going to be our first Autographica), guess I'll now be going on my own (unless Susan Hampshire cancels, in which case, nada!)

Very disappointed.

Would appreciate the photoshoot refund as soon as possible.

He was he only reason I was flying dwn from newcastle......

Thought Buzz would be a dead cert to turn up

So what is this conflicting obligation....

Very disappointed.

Would appreciate the photoshoot refund as soon as possible.

putS a real damper on autographic.

BUT EVERYTHING IS PAID UP

Non-refundable hotel booking,

If I had known this soon would have done EMS in stead

george

This is an amazing blow. I'm so disappointed.

We've been discussing having all the eggs in one basket for a few weeks now, and this then happens.

No disrespect to the other two, but they are hardly replacements for the two we've lost.

Can you open up discussions about making this evet twice a year again?. To think we're going to have this happen again on the one weekend next year is quite worrying.

• Showmasters Admin

First Aer Lingus cancel my return flight forcing me to book another expensive one way flight and return from Gatwick instead of Heathrow, now this. :coolthumb:

Hello everyone

Just wanted to clear up a few points that have been raised so far.

I know a lot of you are disappointed but believe me when i say none more so than all of us here.

We have a signed legally binding contract that is an indisputable fact.

Buzz cannot come now so we have had to accept that.

When we found this out we did what i consider the sensible thing to have done that is book him for next year

and try to find some replacement astronauts.

People who have purchased photoshoots with him will be contacted by mail shortly and offered what i consider to be a more valuable alternative shoot.

This will only be available to those who pre booked Buzz photoshoots and will be exclusive to them.

Deluxe pass holders who have their photoshoots included will also take part.

We are working flat out to ensure that everyone enjoys the show and of course we have had to make a few changes to the programe.

Bear with us and we will make a great show.

Dave Phillips

It's a bitter one to take Dave, but out of your hands - chin up!

Nice one with the shuttle astro's - will be meeting both - and if you can somehow (!) pull a last minute Apollo astro out the bag, that'd dampen the disappointment!

All the best mate

• Showmasters Admin

Nice one with the shuttle astro's - will be meeting both - and if you can somehow (!) pull a last minute Apollo astro out the bag, that'd dampen the disappointment!

All the best mate

Hi There

Thanks

Still working on others as we speak.

Best

Dave

First Aer Lingus cancel my return flight forcing me to book another expensive one way flight and return from Gatwick instead of Heathrow, now this. :unsure:

People who have purchased photoshoots with him will be contacted by mail shortly and offered what i consider to be a more valuable alternative shoot.

This will only be available to those who pre booked Buzz photoshoots and will be exclusive to them.

Dave Phillips

I know it says exclusive, but will this alternative shoot be avaliable to purchase if we were yet to buy the buzz or deluxe ticket?

thanks

Edited by timelord81r

All the best mate

Hi There

Thanks

Still working on others as we speak.

Best

Dave

Of course,it`s a great disappointment,that Buzz (and Scott) will not attend at the show.And for Dave and his team it will be a great challenge now,to find alternative Apollo-astronauts until the event.I hope they will have success,I`ll keep my fingers crossed.

My personal suggestions for alternatives are

astronaut Alan Bean

astronaut Gene Cernan

astronaut Walt Cunningham

astronaut Jack Lousma

cosmonaut Valentina Tereshkova

flight controller Sy Liebergot

Best

Helmut

This is a real real shame

I bought the delux ticket for Buzz and Scott (and Edgar) I really hope there will be a new photoshoot that would match the £50 Buzz photoshoot.

Also, I have been emailing Dave about a previous order with no reply - I know you are very busy - just a quick acknowledgment would be fantastic.

I look forward to the fantastic astronaut guest about to pulled out of the bag,

JA

• Showmasters Admin

This is a real real shame

I bought the delux ticket for Buzz and Scott (and Edgar) I really hope there will be a new photoshoot that would match the £50 Buzz photoshoot.

Also, I have been emailing Dave about a previous order with no reply - I know you are very busy - just a quick acknowledgment would be fantastic.

I look forward to the fantastic astronaut guest about to pulled out of the bag,

JA

Hi There

Not sure about the emails can you call me as i have not been getting them.

I always reply no matter how busy.

There is a great photoshoot coming up trust me.

Still working on guests.

Dave

Autographica back in Birmingham in 2012? Brilliant! I thought you guys had decided that Autographica was once a year and a London event?

Yeah, it's good to see its back to Birmingham.

The dates suggest that it still is a once a year event.

I hope we can convince Dave to make it twice a year again. This once a year format seems too long, given the age of these guys. ^_^

Hi There

Not sure about the emails can you call me as i have not been getting them.

I always reply no matter how busy.

There is a great photoshoot coming up trust me.

Still working on guests.

Dave

Thank you I will try emailing again.

All the best

JA

Hello everyone

Just wanted to clear up a few points that have been raised so far.

I know a lot of you are disappointed but believe me when i say none more so than all of us here.

We have a signed legally binding contract that is an indisputable fact.

Buzz cannot come now so we have had to accept that.

When we found this out we did what i consider the sensible thing to have done that is book him for next year

and try to find some replacement astronauts.

Hi Dave

Personally I think, as always you have done the right thing, you could have pressed the legal thing bu thty ehave a habit of turning nasty and by rebooking I am sure if anything else arises you wil lbe given priority, and more importantly everybody remains friends. Also, you have now proved beyond doubt how reasonable you are and I am sure that will go a long way when booking more astronauts.

Personally, in one way I am disappointed as I only live down the road from Heathrow but had over commitments so couldn't go in October, now I can go to Birmingham and meet the man.

Keep up the good work, as always