I am so sad....

I have already organised my bag for LFCC (my own photos, my photoshoot tickets, my schedule).

I even have new clothes to wear meaning that I don't even need to iron anything on the day.

There are four other things that I need to do which I can only do a day before LFCC 2011:

1. Charge up my batteries for camera and mobile phone

2. Turn up on Friday to case the joint and maybe pick up a freebie

3. Withdraw cash before the event (maybe even buy my own lunch so I don't waste time queueing)

4. Don't fall ill

- Can you just imagine this scenario? I'm about to have my photo taken with Karen Gillan, and...............I sneezed whilst the photo was taken. Ouch! :P

- Can you just imagine this scenario? I'm about to have my photo taken with Karen Gillan, and...............I sneezed whilst the photo was taken. Ouch! :P

That would only have serious consequences if the sneeze made you lose control and you ended up breaking wind (or worse) at the same time

I thought you meant you were unhappy at first hahaha

I don't really find that sad, in fact I commend you on being organised so far in adavnce and I'll be taking a leaf out of your book. You see, at Collectormania I forgot my camera, clipboard, shower gel and razor (ironically i remembered my shaving cream).

That would only have serious consequences if the sneeze made you lose control and you ended up breaking wind (or worse) at the same time

I'm reminded of the choice Ewan McGregor gave to Chris O'Dowd on the Graham Norton show on Friday. :)

i have packed everything. clothes, toiletries, make up, hair stuff and tickets as well as all my gadgets and my portfolio folder for photoshoot pics and autos plus maps and other things i need to be organised. lol. i have even chosen what i am wearing for travelling down and each day after :P i have also made sure that if anyone has flu symptoms i do not let them in my house lol x i dont leave the house often anyway so im ok with the human contact bit as only live with my 2 daughters :P

Lol, I have been spending all day today getting organised. We're leacing for London on Thursday, and I have made a list with all that needs to be packed. I am doing laundry as we speak with the last things I want to take, and have a pile on my spare bed with photo's, posters, DVD covers etc.

So, you're not sad, just well-organised :P

I am ill at the moment, and I'm trying to get better, so I don't go into a coughing fit while talking to the guests, listening to a talk or having my photo taken.

I took the time to organise my bag for next weekend too, printed out a schedule, made sure I had packed my photoshoot tickets, organised my money for each day, got my items ready for signing etc etc. :thumbup:

Guess I should leave room for my new friends..my two inhalers.

Edited by Flibble

I am ill at the moment, and I'm trying to get better, so I don't go into a coughing fit while talking to the guests, listening to a talk or having my photo taken.

I took the time to organise my bag for next weekend too, printed out a schedule, made sure I had packed my photoshoot tickets, organised my money for each day, got my items ready for signing etc etc. :thumbup:

Yes, try to get better first. No offence but i dont want to catch anything on the day from you! haha

I took the time to organise my bag for next weekend too, printed out a schedule, made sure I had packed my photoshoot tickets, organised my money for each day, got my items ready for signing etc etc. :YAHOO:

Yes, try to get better first. No offence but i dont want to catch anything on the day from you! haha

same here lol wish everyone would consider others inc the guests :YAHOO::thumbup::D

The good news is the professional photographer who would re-take the photograph when you were composed, the considerate crew, and the other attendees whose empathy would give them that little bit extra patience, with the dread that it could just as easily have happened to them too.:thumbup::YAHOO::YAHOO::clap::clap::D

I took the time to organise my bag for next weekend too, printed out a schedule, made sure I had packed my photoshoot tickets, organised my money for each day, got my items ready for signing etc etc. :YAHOO:

same here lol wish everyone would consider others inc the guests :clap::thumbup::D

Thankfully I think I am over the worst...and I really don't want anyone else to suffer from it.

It's almost Friday...... :YAHOO:

The good news is the professional photographer who would re-take the photograph when you were composed, the considerate crew, and the other attendees whose empathy would give them that little bit extra patience, with the dread that it could just as easily have happened to them too.:D:YAHOO::YAHOO::clap::clap::thumbup:

Imagine the retakes with hipcups

(note to self don't give Timelord81r ideas)

I always leave everything to the last minute. I consider it a jinx if I get already before. Pack stuff for 12 guests and half be replaced at the last moment.

Trust me, you don't want me to jinx it for you :clap:

Edited by TerraHawk

same here lol wish everyone would consider others inc the guests :clap::thumbup::D

Thankfully I think I am over the worst...and I really don't want anyone else to suffer from it.

It's almost Friday...... :YAHOO:

Hope you are feeling better, by reading your comments on this forum, you are too

nice a person to be ill for the comic con. :)

You will be fine i'm sure of it.

Friends and I actually have a general checklist of things to make sure are packed.

Especially for London in July, a small bottle of deodorant during the day is a MUST.

Even a small bottle of handgel is carried, nothing worse than going up to a guest and shaking their hand ( or indeed anyone's hand ) with dirty/ sweaty hands !!

YES on the deodorant! I've been to cons, and the very worst is when you're standing in line and you are confronted with someone else's not-so-pleasant odour. I always forget to take one in my bag though, and end up buying anew one. This has happened on the last 4 (!) cons, I now have a nice collection of handbag-sized bottles...

I'm all packed and ready to go. There is nothing wrong with being organised at all. I always carry a notebook around with me to remind me of what I need to do at cons and other events. Saturday is going to be a manic but fun, enjoyable day. Then pub o'clock :thumbup:

I'm all packed and ready to go. There is nothing wrong with being organised at all. I always carry a notebook around with me to remind me of what I need to do at cons and other events. Saturday is going to be a manic but fun, enjoyable day. Then pub o'clock :thumbup:

Thanks to everyone who had responded assuring me that I am organised rather than sad.

Bring on Friday :wub:

4. Don't fall ill

This is always my biggest worry when an event is approaching. For a fortnight before, I try to avoid as much human contact as possible. (I'm only half joking.)

Funny you should mention that, I went to the recent Collectormania MK in perfect health, and came away from it with the worst cold I've had in ages! It seems to be a problem I've had with a number of events in the past