Cary Elwes. Who met him? What did everyone think? :)

Caryno1

Its touching anecdotes like naurarwen_fangorn's that proves just how Wonderful guests can be and its something really unique to hear this.

Am glad that you (Naurarwen) had such a Lovely time with such a charismatic and Wonderful man :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was amazing, so friendly and sweet, had a good old giggle with him on the Saturday when I got my auto, he asked why I'd picked the Hot Shots one, I told him it was a toss up between that and the Princess Bride but it was the uniform that swung it for me, cue a rather bizarre conversation about men in uniform.

He also remembered me in the photoshoot, which I thought was great, with another joke about uniforms!!!

All in all he was so friendly and genuine and it would be fantastic to get him back again, I wish all of the guests could be as nice and charming as he was!!!

I am so happy everyone got a lovely welcome for him. I am also glad I wasn't the only one who he affected. I had a few tears in my eyes. He is the most wonderful man ever,and seemed shocked that fans had come for him! :rolleyes:

Youtube has uploaded a really nice little interview with him from the Saturday.Search Cary Elwes 2010 Collectormania.

Please come back soon CaryQ :YAHOO:

Great guest. Met him on the sunday morning bout half 10 and was surprised he was open Q. Anyways paid for for two pics (and after talking with the crew member dealing with the cash bout my Sweeney t-shirt) went to his table where he was discussing 3-D films with Carl Weathers. Suddenly realised i was there said hi and shook my hand. Told that one the pics was for my mate Kim who adores him and would stick it on her room wall as soon as give it to her though quite what her fella would think was different matter. He said oh, perhaps i should right something on the back like it dosnt mean anything. With my pic (Saw) he asked what i thought of it.

Me: shouldn't have had the sequels as the end shows bad guy dosnt always lose.

CE: So you've not seen them the others/7

Me: Up to 5 and aint got round seeing 6.

CE: You don't need to! Just see 7. Find somewhere still showing it and go see it

Me: But aint seen 6 so can't.

CE: Don't need to, just see 7.

Me: Bit like reading a series of books but starting with number 3.

CE: Dosnt matter just see it.

Me: Alright i'll see it and if you come to one these again i'll tell what i thought.

CE: Good

After that he said hello to my mum who was acting as my PA for the day-carrying bag and taking the pics ect. So, great to meet him, very friendly and seemed really happy to be there and enjoying himself. Guests like him make these shows

I thought he was a gent and was great not just with me but all the people I saw him with in front of me. Looked you in the eye and really listenened to what the fans were telling him and appreciating each nice comment he received.

Lovely guy and it was a pleasure to meet him.

Its touching anecdotes like naurarwen_fangorn's that proves just how Wonderful guests can be and its something really unique to hear this.

Am glad that you (Naurarwen) had such a Lovely time with such a charismatic and Wonderful man :)

Thanks I have an amazing time. I've been doing Showmasters cons since Collectormania 4 and this has definitely been one of the highlights of the shows. I wished I'd just had chance to get a photoshoot with him. I was going to but I only arrived at the venue at about 12.15pm after no sleep the previous night and being on the train for 4hours and the tube for 45 mins so was in no fit state but was happy enough to get a picture of him sat at his desk whilst the gentleman in front of me got his auto.

Cary was truly one of the sweetest and humblest guests I have ever met - as others have said, a complete gent. I attended on Sunday and the queue was practically non-existent until he left at 2pm so I could have spoken with him longer than I did but unfortunately I completely geeked out and started stumbling over my words so I had to quickly take my leave. I apologised for seeming weird when I went for the photoshoot and he told me to not be silly by apologising and it was okay - I assume he's used to ladies almost fainting at his feet LOL :smile: I went back a little later for another autograph for my friend and I asked him about what kind of roles he likes to play and he talked about his new project 'Yellow Submarine' - always keeping eye-contact (unless he was signing) and being friendly. To me he seemed to be having a lot of fun doing the convention and that alone makes the experience that much more fun for the attendees.

Thank you sooooooooo much Showmasters for managing to snag this great guest!

Hey everyone,

Cary was AMAZING to meet! He was such a sweety. :)

I was one of the girls who made the SAW - TEAM GORDON shirts,

He was truely supprised and really liked them, he even took a picture of us on his iphone in the autograph queue, He also shook my hand about 3 or 4 times in one go, I was soooo happy. :P

When it came to the photo sessions me and my other SAW shirt friend got separate photos but just as we were about to leave the session Cary started shouting "NO NO come back Team Gordon get in here! TEAM GORDON! TEAM GORDON!" in a funny American Accent, then he gave us a free 'Team Gordon' photo. (Might post photos later) It was hilarious, he was soooo sweet. He also waved to us as he left the session and promised to come back to us when the lady at the talk with the microphone didn't pick our question. Even though it was EXTREMELY embarrising that he made us stand up it was still pretty funny.

Hes such a great guy and I really hope that he comes to more events in London soon. :dance:

Ellie x

There are some truly awesome pics on here guys! Well Done! :dance:

Me and a friend from Rhode Island have just set up a fan page for Cary on Facebook."Cary Elwes Ultimate Fan Page"

I asked him whether he had an official site and he said no! :(

Also dont worry if you missed him on Sunday or if you couldn't make the event at all. I reckon he will be back next year some time! Also, if you had a photoshoot and wanted it signed but missed him, you can send it to his agents office-see the fan page. I would suggest sending a copy tho' not the original.

This would be a good way to keep up with info if you are a big fan. I think we will be seeing a lot more of him in the coming year. :dance::wub:

I truly believe he was surprised at the turn out of fans! He seemed really shocked and pleased! :P

I had tried to do a bit of promoting on Twitter and FB about it. Hopefully that worked!

He had to go back to the States to film a new feature film in Spokane. Its based on one of the Oprah book club novels. :dance:

See you,

Loux

Hey everyone,

Cary was AMAZING to meet! He was such a sweety. :)

I was one of the girls who made the SAW - TEAM GORDON shirts,

He was truely supprised and really liked them, he even took a picture of us on his iphone in the autograph queue, He also shook my hand about 3 or 4 times in one go, I was soooo happy. :P

When it came to the photo sessions me and my other SAW shirt friend got separate photos but just as we were about to leave the session Cary started shouting "NO NO come back Team Gordon get in here! TEAM GORDON! TEAM GORDON!" in a funny American Accent, then he gave us a free 'Team Gordon' photo. (Might post photos later) It was hilarious, he was soooo sweet. He also waved to us as he left the session and promised to come back to us when the lady at the talk with the microphone didn't pick our question. Even though it was EXTREMELY embarrising that he made us stand up it was still pretty funny.

Hes such a great guy and I really hope that he comes to more events in London soon. :dance:

Ellie x

I saw you,those t'shirts were wicked!x

I love this thread, and wish I was able to meet him and get his autograph. Such a varied list of credits, and a really decent guy! I was in the Tom Wopat queue as he was talking to Ellie, and the Team Gordon girls, and I noticed how friendly he was with each and every member of his queue. It makes such a difference, and I'd definitely meet him if he came back.

Cary was an absolute gent, a pleasure to meet, and his talk was certainly a highlight for me. It was great to hear him speak in depth about Andre the Giant. He doesn't seem to have a bad bone in his body, would be a very welcome repeat guest at some point in the future.

I got a SAW picture I made up signed, which he liked, and he seemed genuinely thankful for the interest I showed in his character

Edited by JacknDaniel

I met Cary on Saturday; like everyone has already said he was a brilliant guest; very warm, welcoming and enthusiastic. I had a still from Men In Tights where Robin is striking a pose amongst an impossibly large heap of defeated villians, and Cary laughed and was like 'that's an EPIC photo, where did you get it?'

I told him I was addicted to Robin Hood and that MiT was the first adaptation I saw, and how great he was in it etc; and I told him I did Archery so he was joking about all the archery stunts and how long it took him for various shots! :clap:

And I got a couple of handshakes and he was very good at seeming genuinely interested and friendly even when I just sort of babbled inanely lol :YAHOO: And he told me to keep up the archery heehee!

Top guest, if he comes back I'm absolutely getting a photoshoot! :YAHOO:

Ok heres my pic.

"Hey whats your name?"He shook my hand. :clap:

lllllll...louise" I said.He shook my hand again. :clap:

"Hey Louise,don't me nervous,its lovely to see you"(squishy cuddle) :wub::wub::wub:

I hope that explains my mad face. I was just a bit happy!!! :YAHOO:

And when I got his auto later he remembered me!! *faint* :YAHOO:

My pic

Edited by Caryno1

Awwww Thanks guys! *Blush*;)

I'm on Twitter. Find me as TequilaLou ?(I found already Big Pants! Cool name. That was a really nice compliment about the pic,but I think I made an ass of myself!!!):YAHOO:

I'm also on FB on "Cary Elwes Ultimate Fan Page".

P.s. has any of the Showmasters team got any feedback from Cary himself about his thoughts on the convention? The lady sitting with him on Saturday with dark hair was really lovely btw.

Much love

Lx :lol:

Awwww Thanks guys! *Blush*:YAHOO:

I'm on Twitter. Find me as TequilaLou ?(I found already Big Pants! Cool name. That was a really nice compliment about the pic,but I think I made an ass of myself!!!):uhoh:

I'm also on FB on "Cary Elwes Ultimate Fan Page".

P.s. has any of the Showmasters team got any feedback from Cary himself about his thoughts on the convention? The lady sitting with him on Saturday with dark hair was really lovely btw.

Much love

Lx ;)

Thanks that was me! He said he had a great time and that he'd like to come back again, he really enjoyed meeting his fans. Definitely one of the coolest guests I've sat with and I've sat with a few in the past 7 years! I don't normally put my pics on here as I usually look awful and this is no exception but look at him! He was very awesome in the photoshoot http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?f...57705.634760021

You didn't remotely make an ass of yourself, trust me :D

Oh and a little warning if you're of a delicate nature, I am a dreadful potty mouth on Twitter!

Edited by Big_Pants

You look lovely in the pic! :WAVE: Cary looks simply adorable!!:YAHOO: I was thinking when I got up to him for the auto with my lil sis how cool you were. You both looked like you were having a good time! You laughed with me about my name being spelt wrong!So did Cary! He was putting a plaster on at the time. I had to laugh about the hand cleanser next to him! :P But I guess he had shaken so many hands that day! I love him! :wub: lucky you for sitting with him. :firedevil:

He really seemed to dig the younger fans especially. My little sister was well pleased!! :dance:

And don't worry about the potty mouth. I live in a house with 3 boys,I bet you it can't touvh what I hear each and every day!

:uhoh: