Cary Elwes. Who met him? What did everyone think? :)

Caryno1

Hey Everyone!

Cary was superb over the weekend! He was lovely to all the fans,and took the time to have a chat with everyone(and a cuddle in my case!!!!!)

I have a super pic but can't upload I will try later!

What did everyone think of his visit to Collectormania?

[ :wub::wub::wub:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the talk, but, I can't remember much about it (yeah - it's age)

He talked about being pleased to have done Princess Diary because of the diversity in his filmography.

Then, there was a question from people behind us who were wearing Team Dr. Gordon t-shirts, and he asked them to stand up and show it to the crowd.

When I went to get his autograph, he was really polite. He's a Man Utd fan.

I thought he was absolutely lovely, so genuine and friendly. He shook my hand when I went up for the auto and for the photo shoot and I asked him about what was happening with Yellow Submarine.

I thought the talk was great, he was happy to talk about anything. I liked hearing that he had such good fun on The Princess Bride and his Andre stories. I was also in hysterics over the insane account of his experience with Randy Quaid on Days of Thunder!

Someone asked if he'd been on the Saw ride in Thorpe Park and he said he'd been but because it was raining it was actually closed on the day! He spoke some about how he came to be in Saw and then coming back for Saw 3D.

My memory really sucks, I know there were plenty of other questions but I'm having a mental block on them!

But he seemed very chuffed to have people there to see him and was a great guest.

Edited by Pompey87

My experience with Cary was one of "WOW!" hes such a Lovely guy and very nice and genuine, after my time with him I said to my friend how nice he was and its true, Cary was really Lovely.

P.S. As that song by Bread goes, If a picture can paint a thousand words etc... Then am sure the following would sum up so much.

IMG_1450.jpg

As I said, "Nice and genuine.".

Hey everyone,

Really glad Cary came.I think he had a really good time. :dance:

I Just wanted to warn those of you that go on Facebook.

A couple of days before Cary's visit,a profile of Cary came up. It looked all official and the person who was inpersonating Cary knew a lot of personal stuff and was saying some very personal things. :P Especially about his daughter that she was sick. :o It was truly awful.They kept on saying it was him,but I found them out and they made some slip ups about dates and that. Don't contact this person or enter into a conversation.If you see the page and there is a conversation going,stay away!!There is no Official site or fan page,just ones set up by fans for fans. The only way to find out info about appearances at events is here or Imbd(i hope thats right!)

Obviously this person is getting off on this,but its upsetting a lot of people including me!!! I would hate for fans to see it. The person is a creep! :chair:

Just thought I would let you know.

The real Cary is lovely. :D

He was AMAZING!

I bought a photo shoot on the Saturday morning, purely because I loved him in 'The Princess Bride' and when I went in, I asked him if I could have a hug, to which he replied 'Of course you can!" then gave me a MASSIVE squish!!

I was SO impressed with my picture I went to see him on the Sunday and he signed it for me and said we made a lovely couple!!! He was shaking everyones hand as they met him, he also did that in the photo shoot which I was mega impressed with.

All in all, a fabulous guest, and can we PLEASE have him back at EVERY event!!!!

I would post my piccy up here but I have NO IDEA how to do it!

Oh Cary was everything I expected and far more. He was so lovely. My main reason for going to the convention was to meet him and he definitely made the 500 mile (in one day) round trip worth it. He warmly greeted myself and my boyfriend and I told him my main reason for going was to see him. He asked me where I'd come from and how long it had taken me to get there and I told him and he seemed a little shocked. I then said I didn't want to sound rude but please could I have a hug, I was kinda expecting a no but he happily agreed and said because I'd come just for him he couldn't refuse and he gave me a lovely long cuddle which was amazing. He then shook my hand again and grasped it between both of his telling me it was lovely meeting me and I said the feeling was mutual and I hope he enjoyed himself enough to come back again at which point he said he was having a wonderful time and would love to do it again. After the hug and the hand grasp I admit I walked away shell shocked, in awe and with a tear in my eye.

Cary Elwes has been one of the most amazing celebs I have ever met and I know for a fact I will never forget my experiance. So kudos to Showmasters and Cary himself for making a dream come true.

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn