Guest Cancellation - Peter Facinelli

Massive Events

Heartbroken tbh

Complete waste of money for me!

SAME. :P

I actually don't think Showmasters should annouce guests that are likey to cancel. I mean Peter AND Cameron AND Jodelle. Well done.

I know they have other work, but it gets peoples hopes up, and to be honest. I only bought my ticket to meet Peter. But Hey.

Oh and Yeah I remember the promise of a Cullen. Does that still hold up?

You can't break a promise ;)

XAVIERRR, JACKSON, OR CHARLIE NOW <3

I think i'll scream if its another two characters that are hardly in the movies at all =\

Urm, all guests have the potential to cancel, what with them having lives an'all.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heartbroken tbh

SAME. ;)

I actually don't think Showmasters should annouce guests that are likey to cancel. I mean Peter AND Cameron AND Jodelle. Well done.

I know they have other work, but it gets peoples hopes up, and to be honest. I only bought my ticket to meet Peter. But Hey.

You can't break a promise :(

I think i'll scream if its another two characters that are hardly in the movies at all =\

Yes its a shame that showmasters arent psychic isnt it.. :(

Yes it is :P

So SM should keep the guest list a secret and we'll just be surprised when we get to the event? That's going to sell tickets. Guests cancel it's happened before and it'll happen again if you don't like it you don't have to buy a ticket. I'm sorry I know this is coming out harsh but this is not sm's fault it's not even peters fault. It's something that's happened and complaining about it won't make any difference!

Except it'll do my bloody head in :)

Edited by jazz5490

• Showmasters Admin

Heartbroken tbh

I understand that you are upset! To be honest, so are we! We don't like having to let people down who were hoping to meet one of the guests! It doesn't matter who they were, whether Peter, Cameron or even someone who was hardly in a film at all, someone wants to meet all of them and cancelling a guest is something we never enjoy doing.

No guest is ever booked if they are likely to cancel. Why would we do that? I also have to say that I can't imagine any guest agreeing to do an event if they knew they were likely to cancel as they are generally really caring about their fans and hate letting them down too! Unfortunately, in this business their acting work has to come first and should they get a new role, or an existing role needs them at short notice then they have to go with that and we have to accept it. That is how they earn their living. We don't have to like it, but we do have to accept it.

As I said in the first post, Peter does desperately want to meet his UK fans again and we will get him back for a future event.

So far as a Cullen is concerned, Peter was our Cullen! Obviously we are looking at guests that would be a worthy replacement for him but as with Peter, we can only get someone who is both available and wants to do it. Having said that we know very well who everyone wants to meet, who they haven't met already, and so clearly we do base our search on that! :(

It can take a little bit of time to secure these deals but we are working as hard as we can on it and hopefully when we have our replacement guest it will be someone everyone will be happy to meet!

Again, we are sorry that Peter cancelling is upsetting but we do also thank so many of you for your understanding and support! You are the best bunch of Twilight convention attendees in the world and that is part of the reason we love running these events for you!

Take care everyone,

Mark ;)

So SM should keep the guest list a secret and we'll just be surprised when we get to the event? That's going to sell tickets. Guests cancel it's happened before and it'll happen again if you don't like it you don't have to buy a ticket. I'm sorry I know this is coming out harsh but this is not sm's fault it's not even peters fault. It's something that's happened and complaining about it won't make any difference!

Except it'll do my bloody head in :)

What she said.

They dont announce a guest if they think they will cancel - no one knows.

Come on guys - give SM a chance!!!!

Everyone moaned about the other two cancellations and as soon as the replacements were announced ... everyone is really pleased again. They couldn't foresee this, not even Peter could! He loves his fans and is great with them - he would never let them down if he could help it. So how could SM know this would happen??? Oh that's right - they couldn't!!

I am coming mainly for my daughters sake (she's had a hell of a year with health issues and a major op) and Peter was the main reason I was excited. I love him and was really looking forward to meeting him and having a photo op. But sometime's life get's in the way, so I say - good luck to Peter, and give SM / ME a chance before you start moaning... AGAIN!!

Heartbroken tbh

I understand that you are upset! To be honest, so are we! We don't like having to let people down who were hoping to meet one of the guests! It doesn't matter who they were, whether Peter, Cameron or even someone who was hardly in a film at all, someone wants to meet all of them and cancelling a guest is something we never enjoy doing.

No guest is ever booked if they are likely to cancel. Why would we do that? I also have to say that I can't imagine any guest agreeing to do an event if they knew they were likely to cancel as they are generally really caring about their fans and hate letting them down too! Unfortunately, in this business their acting work has to come first and should they get a new role, or an existing role needs them at short notice then they have to go with that and we have to accept it. That is how they earn their living. We don't have to like it, but we do have to accept it.

As I said in the first post, Peter does desperately want to meet his UK fans again and we will get him back for a future event.

So far as a Cullen is concerned, Peter was our Cullen! Obviously we are looking at guests that would be a worthy replacement for him but as with Peter, we can only get someone who is both available and wants to do it. Having said that we know very well who everyone wants to meet, who they haven't met already, and so clearly we do base our search on that! :(

It can take a little bit of time to secure these deals but we are working as hard as we can on it and hopefully when we have our replacement guest it will be someone everyone will be happy to meet!

Again, we are sorry that Peter cancelling is upsetting but we do also thank so many of you for your understanding and support! You are the best bunch of Twilight convention attendees in the world and that is part of the reason we love running these events for you!

Take care everyone,

Mark ;)

Thanks for replying :)

I do fully understand all that, and I did know all that before. It's just I am going to complain, because everybody is obviously quite upset about the guests cancelling, and we all deal with it in our own ways00.

(Sorry about that)

But thank you anyway for clearing it up and that.

• Showmasters Admin

I was only saying tbh.:P

I'm not dumb. I KNOW they have lives, and I KNOW they could all cancel. eeesh.

And I have a right ot complain because I bought a ticket hoping I'd meet Peter...

:uhoh:

No one is attacking you and certainly no one is saying you are dumb! ;)

You do indeed have the right to complain and also be upset! We do completely understand and like anything, when something happens that makes us angry or upset it's always good to have somewhere to talk. That is what our forum is for and we are pleased that is used by so many of you! :(

I know a lot of friendships have formed on here and it is only right that you want to talk about the exciting things when they happen, but also the upsetting stuff too. It's a place where we all have the same thing in common, a love of Twilight, and so we can all help each other get through the upsetting stuff and enjoy the good!

Mark :(

Heartbroken tbh

You can't break a promise ;)

Well they cant win can they

If they hold off announcing guests they get slaughtered and if they get guests contracted and announce who unfortunately have to cancel, they get slaughtered.................

You can't really complain though as you bought your ticket knowing guests can cancel. :/ We've had big guests cancel before it's upsetting but complaining doesn't do anything so why bother?

Because that's what i do when I'm a bit dissapointed? :P

Am I not allowed to do that no?

Of course you can be disappointed - we all are. I just think your post came over a bit rude and angry and that is why people took offense.

I'm so gutted right now ;)

But I know it is not SM fault, and whoever the replacement guest will be, they will do everything they can for everyone to enjoy their weekend.

Just please don't book another actor from the wolf pack, I am team Vampires and we will be outrun!! I'd love to meet another Cullen (just a hint, Jackson for example :P ). Michael Sheen or Xavier Samuel would be wonderful guests too!

Good luck to SM for finding a replacement

So so disappointed in all these cancellations ;) I was only really excited about Peter, Cam and BooBoo......hmmm....

Only way for me that this is gonna be awesome is if you get someone like:

Xavier Samuels

Jackson Rathbone

Nikki Reed

(Any of the main 3 but lets face it, thats never gonna happen)

Billy Burke

MICHAEL SHEEN!

Thats about it....Good Luck Showmasters! Hope it's a good one!

Edited by Shelley_Bella

Am saddened to hear the news, but works work and i have far worse news today than this,

Am getting a weekend away, its just what i need at moment, what ever guest are there is a huge bonus to me the way things are now.