who would be your perfect replacement guests?!

Miss Ragamuffin

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone from the Saga...they'll all have tales to tell from filming. And meeting anyone who has been in the same room as, taylor, rob, jackson, kellan, xavier, any of the wolves ect is an interesting and worthwhile person to meet...plus they are all part of THE biggest thing around at the moment...who wouldnt want rto meet them!

TBH I wont get my hopes up of meeting any bigger/semi big name's whether they be repeat guests or not because with out sounding rude or disrespectful to the guests announced, if the bigger guests were possible SM/ME would have gone for & tried secured them in the first place...so the chance of getting a bigger name as a replacement is even more unlikely with such little time until the event. I AM aware that it is NOT impossible to get a bigger name announced close to the con date...I just think it will be better to not expect.

At the end of the day SM/ME did what they said they were gunna do in terms of numbers of guests for this event...we had seven, its out of their hands if some cancel so they dont HAVE to get a replacement. We know they are working hard on trying to get someone for us but its not the end of the world if they dont. Unfortunately the risk of guests cancelling is there, we accept that when buying our tickets.

With the amount of time/effort and standard of guests that has gone into previous ET events, I think we have come to expect more than maybe we should :(

Edited by gemma85

TBH I wont get my hopes up of meeting any bigger/semi big name's whether they be repeat guests or not because with out sounding rude or disrespectful to the guests announced, if the bigger guests were possible SM/ME would have gone for & secured them in the first place...so the chance of getting a bigger name as a replacement is even more unlikely with such little time until the event. I AM aware that it is not impossible...I just think it will be better to not expect.

At the end of the day SM/ME did what they said they were gunna do in terms of numbers of guests for this event...we had seven, its out of their hands if some cancel so they dont HAVE to get a replacement. We know they are working hard on trying to get someone for us but its not the end of the world if they dont. Unfortunately the risk of guests cancelling is there, we accept that when buying our tickets.

With the amount of time/effort and standard of guests that has gone into previous ET events, I think we have come to expect more than maybe we should :(

You never know, some of the "bigger" guests might not of wanted to commit so far in advance, and now that it's closer and their schedules may change their agents may realise they are available!

TBH I wont get my hopes up of meeting any bigger/semi big name's whether they be repeat guests or not because with out sounding rude or disrespectful to the guests announced, if the bigger guests were possible SM/ME would have gone for & secured them in the first place...so the chance of getting a bigger name as a replacement is even more unlikely with such little time until the event. I AM aware that it is not impossible...I just think it will be better to not expect.

You never know, some of the "bigger" guests might not of wanted to commit so far in advance, and now that it's closer and their schedules may change their agents may realise they are available!

Quite right, you never know indeed...hence my" I am aware it's not impossible". :( I just think its better not to anticipate someone bigger as all that COULD lead to is more disapointment. And with two guests cancelling already, I think for some peeps, that is enough disapointment already.

I know it's highly doubtful they would replace 2 minor(ish) stars with 2 major(ish) stars...but I'd certainly be willing to sacrifice 2 guests for Jackson Rathbone!!

And it's right what someone said about them not knowing so far in advance if they can attend - Jackson is usually SO busy doing a million and one other things (honestly I don't think he ever stops!) and he's said before that it's often only a couple of weeks before if he knows he can attend a con or something.

So....you know....I like to try and hold on to some hope....I'll most likely be disapointed and it's going to take a trip to a Monkey gig in the USA or hope this SBL Paris thing comes off next year for me to ever meet Jackson, but...I can fool myself :(

xC

Hope is always a good thing :( ... but I think people may have misconstrude me & thought I was being negative, just trying to see the coin from both sides.

Its NOT impossible, as stated before. We all want to see specific guests, we all have our faves and with all the previous ET's, SM/ME haven't done too bad at covering that. ET is their biggest earner so of course its in their interest to get bigger names but equally we need to be realistic about the chances of who they are likely to get, what with the bigger names as previously mentioned, being constantly busy. Its a nasty catch 22 situation.

Whatever happens, ME always try their best to give us a great line up unfortunately, there will always be those who are disapointed because maybe we have come to expect too much. We are lucky to meet anyone considering its an unofficial event for a major box office franchise.

It will be a good weekend regardless so all we can do is wait and see what ME can do :(