ANY NEW GUESTS STILL COMING OR NOT?

LJGreen

FOCUS PEOPLE YOU'RE WAAAAAYYYYYYY OFF TOPIC HERE. I'VE FORGOTTON WHAT THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT NOW.;)

OH YES, NEW GUESTS. WELL I THINK WE CAN EASILY ASSUME THAT THERE MIGHT NOT BE ANY 'EXPENSIVE' GUESTS BEING ANNOUNCED AT THIS LATE STAGE, SO WE CAN ONLY THINK A LOT LOWER THAN ALYSON. THINKING. MAYBE ONE OF THE TRIO (NO OFFENCE INTENDED BOYS, LOL) OR SOMEONE WHO WAS ONLY IN A FEW EPISODES MAYBE. IT'LL DRIVE US ALL CRAZY GUESSING SO I'M JUST GONNA WATCH OUT FOR A GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT.

Some of us are there already. :P

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOCUS PEOPLE YOU'RE WAAAAAYYYYYYY OFF TOPIC HERE. I'VE FORGOTTON WHAT THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT NOW.;)

OH YES, NEW GUESTS. WELL I THINK WE CAN EASILY ASSUME THAT THERE MIGHT NOT BE ANY 'EXPENSIVE' GUESTS BEING ANNOUNCED AT THIS LATE STAGE, SO WE CAN ONLY THINK A LOT LOWER THAN ALYSON. THINKING. MAYBE ONE OF THE TRIO (NO OFFENCE INTENDED BOYS, LOL) OR SOMEONE WHO WAS ONLY IN A FEW EPISODES MAYBE. IT'LL DRIVE US ALL CRAZY GUESSING SO I'M JUST GONNA WATCH OUT FOR A GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT.

Some of us are there already. :P

lol yellowmarlin :P

I still think we could get someone bigger rather than smaller. Personally I think that someone bigger may delay confirming they can attend until right up to near the date. I'm sure we'll see a guest or two with in the next week as even if I'm wrong, ME will most likely have people on standby who have said they'll step in if needs be.

I still think we could get someone bigger rather than smaller. Personally I think that someone bigger may delay confirming they can attend until right up to near the date. I'm sure we'll see a guest or two with in the next week as even if I'm wrong, ME will most likely have people on standby who have said they'll step in if needs be.

i wish i was as optamistic as you

i dont see any new guests at all :D

I'm thinking if there is anyone new still to be added we will be told after the weekend - ME will be busy with twilight con until then.

But for me hope is fading fast of new guests - but if im wrong and ME do pull it out the bag, then I will hold my hands up and say sorry for doubting you.

Just to point out that this wording is from the website:

'Our current guests include: Alan Tudyk "Wash/Alpha", Stephanie Romanov "Lilah Morgan", Jewel Staite "Kaylee Frye" & Anthony Head "Rupert Giles".

Further guests to be announced! All guests appear subject to work commitments'

So, this looks promising then :)

'Our current guests include: Alan Tudyk "Wash/Alpha", Stephanie Romanov "Lilah Morgan", Jewel Staite "Kaylee Frye" & Anthony Head "Rupert Giles".

Last year they removed Further guests to be announced! when the guest list was complete, so the sentence should mean we'll get at least one more guest. :)

Last year they removed Further guests to be announced! when the guest list was complete, so the sentence should mean we'll get at least one more guest. :)

To be fair, Ive got to the point where Im not bothered either way now but I posted that for the people who still seem to be quite upset over it. I was hoping for another guest but its so close now that Im just looking forward to seeing my friends, dressing up and getting drunk. Alan Tudyk is my must meet so Im happy.

I gave up expecting a new guest a while ago to be honest, they seem to have only 4 guest trend going on this year so I expect nothing different, So I'm just gonna be happy seeing all my friends, Dressing up and quite possibly getting drunk!

Edited by Gemmaxoxo

Yes, but, do you want the approval of all your peers or just the male ones? Cos with Gwen its just the male ones. I don't see how she's become stronger just more shouty and easily upset if someone sees her differently.

On reflection it was male peers as I have only had one female boss in my lifetime. As regards the fictional character of Gwen, and not the real one of me, she works/worked in an industry that is dominated - although not so much these days as in days gone by - by men. The security services, including the Police, are male dominated and thus I see her character as one wanting to prove she fits in. To me, this is a case of a strong woman wanting to show her male peers that she is as good as, if not better, than them. I do not see that as a bad reflection on women. Being "more shouty" is a sign, in my opinion, that Gwen is confident in being able to become more vocal. As regards any emotional side, I do not see anything wrong with that at all.

Yes, but, do you want the approval of all your peers or just the male ones? Cos with Gwen its just the male ones. I don't see how she's become stronger just more shouty and easily upset if someone sees her differently.

On reflection it was male peers as I have only had one female boss in my lifetime. As regards the fictional character of Gwen, and not the real one of me, she works/worked in an industry that is dominated - although not so much these days as in days gone by - by men. The security services, including the Police, are male dominated and thus I see her character as one wanting to prove she fits in. To me, this is a case of a strong woman wanting to show her male peers that she is as good as, if not better, than them. I do not see that as a bad reflection on women. Being "more shouty" is a sign, in my opinion, that Gwen is confident in being able to become more vocal. As regards any emotional side, I do not see anything wrong with that at all.

But what about Tosh, mmm, she doesn't see the need to prove herself, OK so she looks at Jack as the kindly father figure and wants him to see she's done good seeing as what happened when she did something bad I'm not surprised she wants him on her side. As for the security services and police I can only go on Spooks and The Bill and say its getting fairly equal rather then male dominated. Gwen sees herself as better not equal then everyone up to and possibly including Jack at many points. I mean look at Gwen centric episodes we see Gwen doing police work on her own (in Adrift there was the odd bit of help) but you never get to see that from anyone else it grated when she kept spurting out she had a boyfriend at home and a life outside the office whist the others didn't.

Hmm, in To The Last Man when Tosh was told she'd be with Tommy when he was sent back and how he died, even faced with the most heartbreaking thing ever she didn't shout like Gwen does. In Adrift when faced with evidence that it wasn't possible to predict where a negative rift spike was going to take place or that it last long enough to get out the door to investigate she fumed, like they were all wrong not to investigate and she was right to do so even with just 2 seconds to locate and get to the location.

p.s. What's wrong with Mark Sheppard, Badger was quite adorably evil.