ANY NEW GUESTS STILL COMING OR NOT?

LJGreen

I liked Riley. Yes, he was the dimmest secret agent known to man, and he made some out-and-out stupid decisions on more than one occasion, but his heart was (generally) in the right place. (And call me shallow, but at the time I thought he had a certain cute charm.)

There is no way that i think u are shallow, I agree.

Too all u Marc fans.

I read that he going to be in a new show Necessary Roughness, he will play the teams HUNKY trainer.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marc Blucas?!

Why did u have to guess lol B)

YES i love to meet him, and I DID like Riley and he had his faults but so did Buffy within the relationship.

I would would like to meet Marc as well. I enjoyed Riley in series four but lost interest after that. It felt like the writers weren't sure what to do with the character in series five. Rileys final appearance in series six was a return to form.

• Moderators

Marc Blucas?!

Why did u have to guess lol B)

YES i love to meet him, and I DID like Riley and he had his faults but so did Buffy within the relationship.

I would would like to meet Marc as well. I enjoyed Riley in series four but lost interest after that. It felt like the writers weren't sure what to do with the character in series five. Rileys final appearance in series six was a return to form.

I agree - Riley in s5 was all over the place - and not just in a 'everything I knew has been ripped away' sort of way.

(The Yoko Factor is one of my favourite eps, not least for all the Riley & Angel scenes. And Riley dubbing Angel 'Mr Billowy-Coat-King-of-Pain'. Which I absolutely didn't call Angel from that point onwards...)

I get mocked when I reveal who it is as I have yet to meet one person who liked his character, so unless he announced which i doubt (as never seen that he been to UK for signings) then I shall not be revealing who.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to meet somone who portrayed a character that is generally perceived as unpopular. I want to meet Ahmed Best but didn't really like Jar Jar. The same with Wil Wheaton/Wesley Crusher, Jerri Ryan/7of9, and so on. In fact I could probably pick an example from every franchise that I watch.

I would have to agree. Equating the character with the actor is just stupid. I personally didn't like either Riley or Connor, but I'd be delighted to meet either Marc or Vincent. For that matter, I wasn't too fussed on Lilah, but I'm really looking forward to meeting Stephanie.

And nobody liked Wesley Crusher, but I'd love to meet Wil Wheaton. :YAHOO:

Edited by yellowmarlin

• Moderators

There's a prime example in Torchwood fandom... there are loads of people who actively detest Gwen, but even they find themselves liking Eve Myles. Sometimes the nicest actors play the most unlikeable characters, lol.

There's a prime example in Torchwood fandom... there are loads of people who actively detest Gwen, but even they find themselves liking Eve Myles. Sometimes the nicest actors play the most unlikeable characters, lol.

I like Gwen :)

*awaits the bashing coming to her - or actually, may enjoy it*

I hate Gwen, she gives women a bad name (as an ardent feminist) because she needs her male peers to like her, I mean she's with Rhys at the beginning because as a beat policewoman he is her peer but when she joins Torchwood and leaps up the ladder Owen and Jack become her peers and she makes them love her and want her, she ignores Ianto because he is just the cleaner and as a field agent she outranks him automatically. She only really starts to love Rhys when he grows up and becomes her peer in the outside world as manager of Harwoods, even her reply to Jack about Rhys grated, she accepted his proposal because no-one else would have her, as a independent woman she should not need a man to complete her. She is possibly the only character with very little development, her only difference between series 1 and 2 is that she's become more confident with her colleagues and more shouty with Jack (its the same with any workplace you work there long enough you start to be more confident and friendly towards your colleagues).

As for Eve she is genuinely lovely but I do like Tosh/Naoko far more. And on the subject of actors not being like characters, I know lately of ill feeling towards Gareth and he is so opposite of the loveliness that is Ianto.

I hate Gwen, she gives women a bad name (as an ardent feminist) because she needs her male peers to like her, I mean she's with Rhys at the beginning because as a beat policewoman he is her peer but when she joins Torchwood and leaps up the ladder Owen and Jack become her peers and she makes them love her and want her, she ignores Ianto because he is just the cleaner and as a field agent she outranks him automatically. She only really starts to love Rhys when he grows up and becomes her peer in the outside world as manager of Harwoods, even her reply to Jack about Rhys grated, she accepted his proposal because no-one else would have her, as a independent woman she should not need a man to complete her. She is possibly the only character with very little development, her only difference between series 1 and 2 is that she's become more confident with her colleagues and more shouty with Jack (its the same with any workplace you work there long enough you start to be more confident and friendly towards your colleagues).

As for Eve she is genuinely lovely but I do like Tosh/Naoko far more. And on the subject of actors not being like characters, I know lately of ill feeling towards Gareth and he is so opposite of the loveliness that is Ianto.

Purple_Vamp, I'm with you here :) I love Gwen, she is a great character and Eve is absolutely amazing.

I don't enter a debate about her though cos it's not the Torchwood section, and these posts are kinda off, but I don't think Gwen deserves all the hate she gets. All the others have the same amount of flaws as her, even Jack, yet people don't hate them. I think fans hate Gwen rather for being a threat to the Janto relationship.

/off topic

Looking forward to meet the guests, esp Anthony, and I'd be happy with anyone else as an upcoming guest. However, I'd like to meet Nathan F. the most, but he's unlikely to attend due to filming Castle (also I guess he is not one of the cheap guests).

[...] However, I'd like to meet Nathan F. the most, but he's unlikely to attend due to filming Castle (also I guess he is not one of the cheap guests).

Well, me too! :( He's beyond AWESOME and I absolute love him in "Castle"! Meeting him would mean a huge dream coming true... But of course, I know, that this is VERY unlikely *sighs*

(the last bit is mainly why I want to meet him and tell him I want his gbabies)

g

And you hate Gwen because she gives women a bad name? :D

Ok then!

yeah, i said i was feminist not a lesbian. Although i wouldn't say no, brains do turn me on. Also in ben's episodes he writes strong independent women, more feminist reasoning to like him.

I think the character of Gwen is excellent. I do not feel that she gives women a bad name because of "wanting to be liked" by her Male Peers. I have worked with, and probably have been myself at some point of life, wanted to be liked. For some people it is needed to boost one's confidence. As has also been noted, as she moved through the series of Torchwood, her character became stronger.

Go Team Gwen!!

I didn't know Joss Whedon did Torchwood.... :D

Really? I thought it was common knowledge that the two had a shared root, so to speak :YAHOO::YAHOO:

And I'm not a fan of Gwen, her character really doesn't stand up to repeated viewings. She isn't a threat to the Janto relationship in my eyes, because I don't see any chemistry between her and Jack (especially in S2). Her behaviour with Rhys was reprehensible, and I really went off her after that. Tosh was a much better female character IMO!

I think the character of Gwen is excellent. I do not feel that she gives women a bad name because of "wanting to be liked" by her Male Peers. I have worked with, and probably have been myself at some point of life, wanted to be liked. For some people it is needed to boost one's confidence. As has also been noted, as she moved through the series of Torchwood, her character became stronger.

Go Team Gwen!!

Yes, but, do you want the approval of all your peers or just the male ones? Cos with Gwen its just the male ones. I don't see how she's become stronger just more shouty and easily upset if someone sees her differently.

And I'm not a fan of Gwen, her character really doesn't stand up to repeated viewings. She isn't a threat to the Janto relationship in my eyes, because I don't see any chemistry between her and Jack (especially in S2). Her behaviour with Rhys was reprehensible, and I really went off her after that. Tosh was a much better female character IMO!

Hehe, I love Tosh, all her faults were written on her sleeve, she came back from losing her lover on many occasions to be stronger. Her last conversation with Owen showed how strong a woman she had become under Jack's tuition and nurture, to hear the man you love die is heartbreaking enough, to believe your the course of it is worse. RIP Tosh.

Edited by owl post 1992

FOCUS PEOPLE YOU'RE WAAAAAYYYYYYY OFF TOPIC HERE. I'VE FORGOTTON WHAT THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT NOW.;)

OH YES, NEW GUESTS. WELL I THINK WE CAN EASILY ASSUME THAT THERE MIGHT NOT BE ANY 'EXPENSIVE' GUESTS BEING ANNOUNCED AT THIS LATE STAGE, SO WE CAN ONLY THINK A LOT LOWER THAN ALYSON. THINKING. MAYBE ONE OF THE TRIO (NO OFFENCE INTENDED BOYS, LOL) OR SOMEONE WHO WAS ONLY IN A FEW EPISODES MAYBE. IT'LL DRIVE US ALL CRAZY GUESSING SO I'M JUST GONNA WATCH OUT FOR A GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT.

Edited by vampirelie