ANY NEW GUESTS STILL COMING OR NOT?

LJGreen

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

De ja Vu.

Last year con goers said the same things, and 2 weeks before James L was announced, so I guess that there still time.

I am not going to this as I have met all 4 guests (2 of them more than once) and it would be pointless for me, as I dont need autos or photos.

However the parties look good and ME always make them rock.

Last year, despite having met most of the guests before I did go, it was a great weekend apart from my hangover that lastest way too long from Friday (bad Vodka Sidekick).

There is one potential guest that would change my mind and put me in a spin, and it not what is called a Headline guest, he was not that popular as a character but i adored him. And Im not going to say here lol.

Looking forward to seeing you again Numfar, glad to hear your coming :D

Sorry Chris for not replying to this. I totally missed your post ;) Obviously I'm totally looking forward to seeing you both again! And after last years efforts I can't wait to see your costumes. I'm a bit stuck for ideas even at this late stage, but nothing large amounts of fake blood can't solve (I hope).

i read that at twitter,too

and i asked myself, why does she say that on twitter? i mean, she does´nt need to care what flavour the british chips and crisps have?

alydenisof would be a great guest!!! maybe she could bring her husband?

that would be ;)

I thought they both lived in the UK anyway?

That said, they should come! I`m perfectly happy with my silver ticket and the four guests as i`ve always wanted to meet Jewel, but if Alyson Hannigan was to be announced i think my boyfriend would have a heart attack and i`d faint! :D

Guest wise-regular con attendees know that any guest can pull out at any time due to work commitments and no guest is cast iron guaranteed, its a risk that we`re all prepared to take. Am i also right in thinking that con attendees are unable to cancel their tickets once purchased?

It would be VERY nice if a new guest was to be announced, just to put peoples minds at rest, or to persuade people that were still debating on purchasing a ticket. You could always announce a "surprise" guest that you don`t reveal until the opening ceremony. Another con we went to did that, the guest was amazing, nobody ever thought that person would attend, and an amazing time was had by all!

Edited by pinkstarbuck

Sorry Chris for not replying to this. I totally missed your post :lol: Obviously I'm totally looking forward to seeing you both again! And after last years efforts I can't wait to see your costumes. I'm a bit stuck for ideas even at this late stage, but nothing large amounts of fake blood can't solve (I hope).

Hey

Just as long as people don't think you're edward cullen again this year :P

you could come as simon tam, seems to be a firefly character we're missing from our line up.

not sure when everyone is doing the firefly get up though, i assume it's saturday night?

Sorry Chris for not replying to this. I totally missed your post :lol: Obviously I'm totally looking forward to seeing you both again! And after last years efforts I can't wait to see your costumes. I'm a bit stuck for ideas even at this late stage, but nothing large amounts of fake blood can't solve (I hope).

Hey

you could come as simon tam, seems to be a firefly character we're missing from our line up.

not sure when everyone is doing the firefly get up though, i assume it's saturday night?

IF and thats a BIG IF haha I can fit in my Mal costume it will be on the saturday, if not i'll be a hastily put together Topher Brink!

Hey

Saturday night for me :)

There is one potential guest that would change my mind and put me in a spin, and it not what is called a Headline guest, he was not that popular as a character but i adored him. And Im not going to say here lol.

Vincent Kartheiser?

Nope lol

I already met him a few times, but he is awesome.

I get mocked when I reveal who it is as I have yet to meet one person who liked his character, so unless he announced which i doubt (as never seen that he been to UK for signings) then I shall not be revealing who.

I get mocked when I reveal who it is as I have yet to meet one person who liked his character, so unless he announced which i doubt (as never seen that he been to UK for signings) then I shall not be revealing who.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to meet somone who portrayed a character that is generally perceived as unpopular. I want to meet Ahmed Best but didn't really like Jar Jar. The same with Wil Wheaton/Wesley Crusher, Jerri Ryan/7of9, and so on. In fact I could probably pick an example from every franchise that I watch.

Marc Blucas?!

Why did u have to guess lol B)

YES i love to meet him, and I DID like Riley and he had his faults but so did Buffy within the relationship.

By the way, I never actually started watching Buffy till that season so never got all that Angel stuff, and well still dont, infact I didnt even like Angel the show to start with.

So if Marc was announced I would seriously have to consider my options as the fact to my knowledge he never been to a UK signing i think he might not be likely too.........and i want to meet him, it would be worth it.

1of2 I agree with you.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to meet somone who portrayed a character that is generally perceived as unpopular. I want to meet Ahmed Best but didn't really like Jar Jar. The same with Wil Wheaton/Wesley Crusher, Jerri Ryan/7of9, and so on. In fact I could probably pick an example from every franchise that I watch.

Thank you for your comment 1of2

• Moderators

I liked Riley. Yes, he was the dimmest secret agent known to man, and he made some out-and-out stupid decisions on more than one occasion, but his heart was (generally) in the right place. (And call me shallow, but at the time I thought he had a certain cute charm.)

from what i remember Marc Blucas has done one con over here a number of years ago but as far as i have heard he has been asked to some since and has declined, would love to meet him as well though, i hear he's a nice guy and one of the last cast i havent met along with harry groener and elizabeth anne allen.

Edited by buffy2k