Group Photo Shoot - Full updated details/answered queries in 1st Post

showmasters

Thankyou very much for that, it seems fair although £40 of my money may not stretch to that but never mind.

Ive spoken to my friend who said that she DID try to book the Park Inn but was told it was fully booked as well, perhaps its because she didnt mention it was for the event so was turned away. Thats a mistake on our part completely. Luckily her Mum had offered to pay for the Park Inn on her card to cover cost but we ended up somewhere more affordable instead.

I cant wait now :)

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Rhi theres no need to say sorry I know know what you mean and you were just trying to help but sometimes I feel like people just jump at people on here at times and dont think about how the other person would feel no hard feelings though!

If you do feel like that and it has been caused by any of us then it's certainly not our aim. We're simply here to try and discuss things with people, and help with queries where we can. Of course, we will have opinions too, but that doesn't mean yours are any less valid.

I personally was just confused about the statement that the group shot was originally included, but I guess that must have been a misunderstanding along the way. But hopefully this is all sorted now.

I know what you mean Miss Ragamuffin, you would not believe how many times I write and re-write some of my replies to people to make sure they cannot be mis-interpreted etc (I have no doubt the other mods do this too)

Hence my crazy use of emoticons lol :WINCE:

Was just a prompt reply, certainly not jumping down anyones throat or anything lol :D sorry if it came across that way. When a topic is as hett up as this, we try to reply quickly so nobody feels ignored. :D

Ack, cant spell (or concentrate - the episode of Angel where buffy comes to LA and Angel becomes human is on :D )

Ack, cant spell (or concentrate - the episode of Angel where buffy comes to LA and Angel becomes human is on :huh: )

all is forgiven just for that haha!

its like text messages when something is read instead of actually said out loud its sometimes hard to see how things are actually wrote and meant to be said if that makes any sense?!

Hello Everyone

Where are there details regarding the Bitten code for the Park Inn? Does this attract a discount? Sorry if it is in an obvious place.

Cheers

You need to call and mention you attend Bitten. The only hotel that does have a special code is the Hilton Metropole.

Unless you mention you're attending Bitten the hotel will very likely tell you they're sold out. So mention the event and ask for Scott, apparently that's the guy who actually handles things and knows there's rooms left.

This is completely and utterly unfair. We tried to get the Park Inn back in June! They couldnt put us up for all three days. I dont see why staying at a certain hotel should affect anything in anyway. We are all paying to attend the convention, so why your staying at a different hotel shouldnt matter.

Also, I was curious as to how much (and if you can do it) to have a picture taken with all the guests and two of my friends?

Any photos where you and a friend go in with the guest just means you each pay the price for a copy

Jump in the same photo and you each get a copy

Please dont think I am ignoring your other comment about fairness though, there have been 11 pages of queries, all pretty much the same, and the event organisers have come on and addressed the issue and altered who can receive the group photo by making it available for purchase.

If I could ask you to read the very first post in this thread, they have done a lengthy post and mentioned this issue with the hotel too.

Sorry

Edited by Rhianydd

This is completely and utterly unfair. We tried to get the Park Inn back in June! They couldnt put us up for all three days. I dont see why staying at a certain hotel should affect anything in anyway. We are all paying to attend the convention, so why your staying at a different hotel shouldnt matter.

Also, I was curious as to how much (and if you can do it) to have a picture taken with all the guests and two of my friends?

It matters because SM block book the hotel rooms at the event hotel and so they lost money if they are not full.

Also, each person in the shot needs a ticket. So for 3 people in the photo you would need 3 tickets. But the picture is printed 3 times so that you all get a copy. :)

I am afraid so because you would be receiving two completely different shots/poses

Just to clarify

* if you pay for one shot, you get one photo back (one pose)

* If you want one of you and one of you with your friends, you have to pay for each shot. Same as gold pass people in the past, they buy extra shots when they get their first photo free, so they therefore receive as many photos as they have paid for

* if you want your friend in the shot, you each pay for a shot and you each get a copy of the photo.

This goes for however many people go in the shot, it is not cheaper for multiple people, because it probably takes Malcolm the same amount of time to get everyone to pose properly, and you each still get a shot.

Incidentally, for numbers of you going in the same shot, please can you warn the crew member dealing with the photographs crew and they can help organise it for you

Edited by Rhianydd

Thanks for replying so fast! I'm not bothered paying for 2 pictures, if it helps SM/ME funds for Bitten then i'd gladly do it. I've never been to a convention before so i dont know how things are done, so its best to get a photo with just me then talk to whoever is in charge and wait till the end if i want one with my friends?

PS yeah im not staying at Park Inn so yeah im a bit down about this but Ho Hum thats life! thats just how things work out. still gonna be an amazing weekend! :D

• Moderators

Ohhh ok! My friends and I were just wondering about the 5 of us in the same photo as the cast (singular or plural) Gottit now...I think! :D

You think? :D

What are you unsure about? :D

Hi there :D

You could have your single shot at the end just before the one with your friends if you like, that would save you queueing on your own earlier

Hmm yeah I guess that would be easier lmao! I think my friend is after one on her own as well (she also doesnt mind paying for 2) so either way is good haha

Have a good con :D Get chatting on here (if you havent been already! lol) theres loads of lovely people going and you will have an awesome time :D

I've chatted on here a few times and spoke to a number of really nice people, its making me less nervous about it being my first con as they are so helpful with need-to-know stuff haha

Subway just opposite too :D

That's good to know! :D

mmm subway nomnomnom *wants a subway now*

Another question... can you pay for the group photo's on the day... or is it better to do it online?

The Meatball sub on Italian, hot chilli sauce and Olives please! :D