Group Photo Shoot - Full updated details/answered queries in 1st Post

showmasters

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you please add this question:

I only live around the corner from the hotel so why should I be penalised and miss out when I don't require a hotel room?

Because the whole point of this extra for con hotel guests is so that SM doesn't lose money which it will if the rooms are not filled.

SM always recommend that you stay at the event hotel, true that doesn't make sense when you live around the corner but SM are making nothing from people staying at other hotels/at home.

This isn't about people missing out, it's an extra for hotel guests who are paying to stay there and thus benefiting SM. Simple.

This thread is way to angry in my opinion!

The only point, in my opinion, that needs to be addressed is the Park Inn telling people that the hotel was full when it was not and as such people booking else where. So a problem with The Park Inn, not SM. Bahh.

But if SM offer to sell it as an extra to us that are not staying there they won't lose money...

This is a "special reward" for those who are supporting the event by staying at the hotel. And with 10 or so room left, an obvious incentive for those who might not have booked to maybe consider it.

It seems a nice jesture.

This is a "special reward" for those who are supporting the event by staying at the hotel. And with 10 or so room left, an obvious incentive for those who might not have booked to maybe consider it.

It seems a nice jesture.

I agree (and no, I probably wont be able to get it even if I can go)

My concern with offering it for sale is if they have time for the guests to stay there for the entire list of attendees to go through that extra photo shoot. All they normally do is gather the guests together for one shot which is then printed and available at the reg desk for gold and silver.

Imagine the extra time it would take for all attendees to go through. 5 or more people (if you and a friend go in together) in the same photo is 5 or more people that could blink. How many times would Malcolm have to take the shot :smile:

Let's just wait and see what SM/ME say. They are very fair and genuinely want everyone to have a great time ;)

• Moderators

You know, NOWHERE have SM actually said that this WON'T be available to buy for those who don't get it free as a 'staying at the con hotel' perk.

True, they haven't said it WILL be available to purchase either, but it's a bit premature to complain about not having the opportunity to buy it when there has been nothing said to say you won't...

It seems a nice jesture.

If there was a like button I'd have clicked it on this post.

I'm just a little worried that because I didn't book over the phone quoting Bitten I'm not going to get it :/

definitely, just a shame that them giving something extra has resulted in angry people <_<

I must say I was a little shocked at the nature of some of the posts BUT I understand the disappointment. I am sure that ME will sort this out so we can all go back to being loved up with each other :D

Heulwen, I would just ring the hotel and make sure they know you are there for the convention

I booked it online though at a different rate :/ Do you think that will make a difference? They won't try to charge me extra will they?

definitely, just a shame that them giving something extra has resulted in angry people :D

I must say I was a little shocked at the nature of some of the posts BUT I understand the disappointment. I am sure that ME will sort this out so we can all go back to being loved up with each other :D

Absolutely. Lets get the ball rolling,....................was great to see you at the weekend :D

Heulwen, I would just ring the hotel and make sure they know you are there for the convention

I booked it online though at a different rate :/ Do you think that will make a difference? They won't try to charge me extra will they?

Hmm, not sure. If you get it cheaper, then perhaps it would. Sorry Heulwen, will still have to leave it for SM to answer <_<

It seems a nice jesture.

If there was a like button I'd have clicked it on this post.

I'm just a little worried that because I didn't book over the phone quoting Bitten I'm not going to get it :/

im in the same postition hun, I booked mine and tara's rooms in october last year, but booked online. before massive events and showmasters blocked the bookings, I just hope that the 3 others I booked into the 2 rooms will also get the group photo.

Amanda

i believe the rate we are paying is more than the con rate itself, i did contemplate calling the hotel yesterday to say we are part of the convention but then thought better of it. I think i will sort it out when i get there, and if they need proof then we can show our room keys.

amanda

But if SM offer to sell it as an extra to us that are not staying there they won't lose money...

I was under the impression that SM stopped offering the group photo in the first place because of the time/space/resource limitations involved in making the process work smoothy for the large numbers of attendees they provided it for (such as when Eternal Twilight sold out, I think).

As someone above mentioned, they haven't actually said it wouldn't be available to those not staying at the Park Inn to buy, but even if it isn't, I can see the sense in this decision.

People are complaining that putting the group shot on sale would only benefit SM as they could gain further profit. But by offering the photo to those staying at the Park Inn, SM know exactly how many people they will have to get through, and hence they are positive they can provide it for this number of people whilst avoiding complications.

Yes, it must be annoying for attendees who would have booked a room in the Park Inn had they known this would be offered from the beginning. But then SM didn't know that they wouldn't sell as many tickets as they would have liked from the beginning, so weren't able to predict that they'd need to add an extra incentive to try to lose less money. Which is essentially what this is all about, as LisaMarie put so well:

SM always recommend that you stay at the event hotel, true that doesn't make sense when you live around the corner but SM are making nothing from people staying at other hotels/at home.

This isn't about people missing out, it's an extra for hotel guests who are paying to stay there and thus benefiting SM. Simple.

Perhaps a solution would be to also offer the photo to buy for those who the Park Inn incorrectly told they were full, as the intention to support SM was there, though SM did not benefit financially. Obviously that could create even more issues with proving who was told this, but would mean SM could still keep on top of the numbers. And I assume those who are staying at the Park Inn on different nights ought to be 'rewarded' too.

Apart from those people, though, a lot of other complaints seem relatively superfluous. It's not that difficult to share a double bed if you really want to stay at the convention hotel, regardless of any 'special rewards'. It's the same for any convention at the Park Inn Northampton.

definitely, just a shame that them giving something extra has resulted in angry people :D

Absolutely. Lets get the ball rolling,....................was great to see you at the weekend :D

Hmm, not sure. If you get it cheaper, then perhaps it would. Sorry Heulwen, will still have to leave it for SM to answer <_<

My room doesn't include breakfast - so technically the price of the "room" would be the same.

I can still technically cancel my Park room, if I did that then they'd have one extra room to fill, so I think they should just include people who have booked there anyway! :)

Failing that, you could always show the hotel your reg pass/letter when you check in and/or ask at the con reg desk?

Unfortunately, SM do request that people quote "Bitten" when booking. Hope you can work it out

I honestly don't even remember there being information about quoting Bitten on the website when I booked this room online last *August*. <_<

Apart from those people, though, a lot of other complaints seem relatively superfluous. It's not that difficult to share a double bed if you really want to stay at the convention hotel, regardless of any 'special rewards'. It's the same for any convention at the Park Inn Northampton.

^I am thinking exactly the same thing.

Failing that, you could always show the hotel your reg pass/letter when you check in and/or ask at the con reg desk?

Unfortunately, SM do request that people quote "Bitten" when booking. Hope you can work it out

I honestly don't even remember there being information about quoting Bitten on the website when I booked this room online last *August*. <_<

I cant remember what was on the website at the time,

but SM always say you have to say you are with the convention when booking your room, and with Bitten/Park Inn, you have to pay in advance and the rooms are non refundable

If there was no code at the time of the website going live, they usually say to wait before booking rooms until the codes are available, but I think recently, people have been ringing/going online an booking the rooms before the code, but dont think that means they come under the convention booking then.

Still worth waiting for sms response

Yeah, I have in the past, no big deal :D

ditto

Absolutely. Lets get the ball rolling,....................was great to see you at the weekend <_<

Great to see you too madam! Had a brilliant Saturday and a scarily busy and fraught Sunday lol. Have my fingers crossed that you can make it to Bitten, group photo or not!

Blimey. Hope this all gets sorted so that EVERYONE, Showmasters and attendees alike are happy.

definitely, just a shame that them giving something extra has resulted in angry people <_<

I'm not angry I'm upset and let down huge difference!

actually when tickets went on sale the group photo was on the gold package it was removed a few months later but was on there when some of us brought tickets like the same when we brought et2 tickets and it was taken off around the same time!

I am sure Mark and Jason will confirm this. But to the best of my knowledge the group photo with the guests has never been included for the Gold Pass holders for bitten.

The last event time-wise that did offer the group shot with the guests was Hallowhedon, and that only was the last one because tickets went on sale quite early. The shot was generally taken off the list quite some events earlier.

I dont want to keep saying this cuz i dont want to sound like i'm angry or be accussed of being a liar but i know when i first brought tickets for a few events that went on sale last year the gold ticket group photo was on the orginal post for packages when the websites first went up and was only taken out around october time.

Yeah, Saturday morning was craaaazy! Sitting with Virginia made it awesome though <_<

and Sunday? OMG! so much to do, but had a great time doing it :D

Hubby has said its no problem for me to go, just have to be sensible to see if I can afford it.............I WANT to come :D

Group Photo? Group shmoto! Being there is what matters :D Will let you know as soon as I can :D

• Moderators

I dont want to keep saying this cuz i dont want to sound like i'm angry or be accussed of being a liar but i know when i first brought tickets for a few events that went on sale last year the gold ticket group photo was on the orginal post for packages when the websites first went up and was only taken out around october time.

At least two of us have had a look through this section and cannot find anyone mentioning anything to do with the group shot being included from the beginning.

Considering this was removed from ME conventions before this, I would have imagined at least someone would've said something if it was on there. So I'm very surprised if this is the case. Surely someone would have queried it?