Group Photo Shoot - Full updated details/answered queries in 1st Post

showmasters

Ive only just joined the forum so I havent been speaking to anyone really O.O....

Only people I know that are going is my friends hehehe :P

aw, get yapping, theyare all really nice on here :D

ps Naughty QS! lol :P

We don't bite on here - not unless you ask ;)

And even then you have to ask really nicely :P

I've been asking at every con I've ever been to and still - not a nibble in sight lol :P

ANGIE! :o:P

Hee hee - sorry! I can't help it!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At every event I've been too (true, only 3) SM have done something extra for those staying at the event hotel.

True, before now these extras have been pretty bad... such as a fake cullen driving licence.

But, it makes sense to me. Clearly SM block book rooms at the event hotel so want them to be filled in order not to lose money. So as an incentive those at the event hotel get the extra, in this case the group photo.

The ONLY issue I have with this is not with SM at all, it is with The Park Inn and the fact that you have to pay in advance... which some people can't do. Other than that, this extra for Park Inn guests makes sense to me, as long as the shoot is available for others to purchase.

i have never had any extra for staying at a con hotel

I'm entering this discussion late as this is the first time i've been on the forum since Hallowhedon, and wanted to see what what being discussed. It seems i was one of the lucky ones as i booked my room at the Park last July, but i was wondering, why do ME have to pay for unsold rooms anyway?

ME fulfilled their part by having the con at the Park and providing all the hotel details on the website. It seems, from reading 13 pages of irate messages that people tried to book rooms but were told the hotel was full. This is the Park's fault and must surely negate any clause's that were in place stating that ME must pay for not fullfilling the allocation. I'm not a lawyer, but there must be a case whereby ME can get out of this.

I'm glad that the group photos issue seems to have been resolved. The gesture was a good one, albeit it could have been a little more thought out before going public.

I hope that this doesn't cloud peoples perceptions of the week-end and that everyone arrives with a positive attitude and ready to have some fun. We got four terrific guests from an amazing show.

I was at an event earlier this year with only 120 attendees and 3 guests and it was one of my favourite ever. Less queue time for autos and photos and more time with guests and time to chill with each other and make new friends.

Irrespective of whether we have standard, silver or gold tickets, whether we are in the Park, Ibis or a cardboard box round the corner, we have all spent our hard earned money to attend a con on a show we love. We owe it to ourselves to turn up and have the best time ever.

I just came across this and while I have scanned the thread for clarity, too many 'so not fair' posts making it a bit protracted.. So, umm, for the idiot in the peanut gallery, does this 'group shot' mean each attendee and the guests as opposed to one massive group shot? Yes, I know it's a dumb question but I'm rather lost :headscratch: In the case that it's individual shots and dependant on when they plan to be taken, if I can't (or don't want to, more likely) have one, can I gift it to someone else that doesn't meet the criteria that wants one?

I think this is disgusting i cannot afford the Park Inn which is why i am not staying there and i have purchased a gold ticket which at the time included a free group photo shot.

To have the nerve to claim that a group photo was never offered at all for any level of ticket is a lie by showmasters as they have now removed this from the website when it was clearly.

When i purchased a gold ticket a group photo was included in the price and now that has been removed so i am no longer getting what i paid for and then to be told that i have to pay £30 on top for the privilge, when it obvious the only reason this is being done is because they have not sold all the tickets and are trying to find a way of profiteering any way they can.

Therefore i think the gold ticket members should either be given the group shot for free or given a small rebate on the price of the ticket as we are no longer getting everything we paid for at the time of purchasing the ticket.

• Moderators

I just came across this and while I have scanned the thread for clarity, too many 'so not fair' posts making it a bit protracted.. So, umm, for the idiot in the peanut gallery, does this 'group shot' mean each attendee and the guests as opposed to one massive group shot? Yes, I know it's a dumb question but I'm rather lost :headscratch: In the case that it's individual shots and dependant on when they plan to be taken, if I can't (or don't want to, more likely) have one, can I gift it to someone else that doesn't meet the criteria that wants one?

I believe it has been allowed in the past for a photo to be used by someone else if the pass holder didn't want it, but I can't remember the exact procedure. Hopefully someone can help further.

And yes, it's one photo of the attendee with all the guests.

I think this is disgusting i cannot afford the Park Inn which is why i am not staying there and i have purchased a gold ticket which at the time included a free group photo shot.

To have the nerve to claim that a group photo was never offered at all for any level of ticket is a lie by showmasters as they have now removed this from the website when it was clearly.

When i purchased a gold ticket a group photo was included in the price and now that has been removed so i am no longer getting what i paid for and then to be told that i have to pay £30 on top for the privilge, when it obvious the only reason this is being done is because they have not sold all the tickets and are trying to find a way of profiteering any way they can.

Therefore i think the gold ticket members should either be given the group shot for free or given a small rebate on the price of the ticket as we are no longer getting everything we paid for at the time of purchasing the ticket.

Sorry, but as far as the majority are aware, this was NEVER in the package. As has been stated, this stopped with Hallowhedon, and the only thing that has been offered is a photo OF the guests.

I honestly do not believe this was in the package, and no one can seem to offer any proof of such.

No proof an be offered because the group shot has been removed from the gold package. When i booked my ticket in December it clearly stated that a group shot was included in the price and i feel very cheated and let down that you are now saying that it was never offered.

• Moderators

Tickets went on sale last March.

If there was something somewhere to state that a group photo shoot was included then I genuinely believe 100% that someone would have noticed and queried it in the next 8-9 months before you purchased them.

I cannot find anything whatsoever in this forum or on any other, on Facebook groups or anywhere else which suggests this.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but I just don't believe it at the moment.

*edit*

Just to add that I replied to someone on here a few months after they'd gone on sale to explain the differences between tickets. At no point did I ever relay that a group shot was included. I wouldn't have missed that out as one of the benefits if it existed.

Edited by DavidB

No proof an be offered because the group shot has been removed from the gold package. When i booked my ticket in December it clearly stated that a group shot was included in the price and i feel very cheated and let down that you are now saying that it was never offered.

I can assure you it was never on the website as David B already stated, never mind as late as December ...................so no need to feel cheated

The photo is of the guests only and has always stated that.

I think you must have misunderstood its meaning .

Edited by scruffy

I booked my Gold ticket in August last year, and I don't recall it ever saying that there was a group photoshoot with all the guests, just an exclusive convention photo of the guests attending (which is still there as part of the Silver package, which means it's in the Gold as well). I certainly wasn't under the impression that I was getting a photoshoot with all the guests together, put it that way. Sorry you're disappointed.

Edited by CosmicAvatar

This goes back way before your purchased your ticket. I can't find the first post about it but I have found this from ME here which is still prior to you purchasing your ticket

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=54710

Hi everyone,

The group photo shoot is no longer included with Hallowhedon 2 Gold Passes, as is the case with all our other events. It has slipped past on the website and that will be amended shortly, although our webmistress is offline for a few days and so it will be done upon her return.

Any Gold Pass Holders who have already bought their tickets can contact us on info@collectormania.com in the next week for a refund should this mean you no longer want the ticket.

Sorry that this slipped past. The group photo shoot has proved something difficult to get agreement on in the past from all guests attending and that is why we dropped it from our ticket packages on other events quite some time ago. It was still included on Hallowhedon 1 as we originally advertised the event with it a long time ago and most of the Gold tickets were bought before we changed the policy on it for the new events.

I hope that this clarifies things and apologise for any confusion it has caused.

Take care,

Mark

I booked my Gold ticket in August last year, and I don't recall it ever saying that there was a group photoshoot with all the guests, just an exclusive convention photo of the guests attending (which is still there as part of the Silver package, which means it's in the Gold as well). I certainly wasn't under the impression that I was getting a photoshoot with all the guests together, put it that way. Sorry you're disappointed.

Same!

Same!

Not that we're so obsessed we couldn't wait to book or anything... :drunk:

Same!

Not that we're so obsessed we couldn't wait to book or anything... ;)

I booked within days of finding out about it. I HAD to have gold with Sam being confirmed & convinced it was going to sell out as why wouldn't everyone see it the same as me? :)

......wow, I missed all of this away sunning myself!!!!

Well, to be a small voice in the crowd, I heard about this while in cyprus, spoke to sassy, and decided on the spot to cancel Ibis and book a double in the park inn. Was thinking about doing it anyway to be fair as its just nicer to be in the middle of the action i guess. So well chuffed, and the incentive worked, thanks lots SM!

I'm SO excited about this convention and cant believe we don't have long to wait now till I'll be wrapping my paws around Sam....... worth every penny!! :P

so come on peeps, its gonna be a BLAST!!! :wub:

I'm SO excited about this convention and cant believe we don't have long to wait now till I'll be wrapping my paws around Sam....... worth every penny!! :D

so come on peeps, its gonna be a BLAST!!! :D

Oh you'll be all lovely and tanned in your pic! I always look like death :D

I'm SO excited about this convention and cant believe we don't have long to wait now till I'll be wrapping my paws around Sam....... worth every penny!! :YAHOO:

so come on peeps, its gonna be a BLAST!!! :firedevil:

Oh you'll be all lovely and tanned in your pic! I always look like death :huh:

eeeeeee I know!! don't worry hun - I usually end up looking funny in some way in my pics - double chin fest!! even though the posters around the photoshoots say 'lift your head' I always seem to forget this!!

;)

I'm SO excited about this convention and cant believe we don't have long to wait now till I'll be wrapping my paws around Sam....... worth every penny!! :YAHOO:

so come on peeps, its gonna be a BLAST!!! :firedevil:

Oh you'll be all lovely and tanned in your pic! I always look like death :huh:

eeeeeee I know!! don't worry hun - I usually end up looking funny in some way in my pics - double chin fest!! even though the posters around the photoshoots say 'lift your head' I always seem to forget this!!

;)

ooh this is a good point. and the tanned one!

Maybe I'll get on the sunbed before Bitten - to get a proper sookeh look!