The Football Chat

Daniel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spain/Netherlands vs Brazil in final.

Er, given Netherlands are playing Brazil in a quarter final this Friday, I think you'll find that there's no chance of them meeting in the final...

Er, realised this when I read the newspaper. I posted the above after the BBC put up a QF matches list last night which I now know was wrong.

Sunday will be even worse, not only is it the start of a three day footy gap but a non work day to fill !!

Not convinced about Roy Hodgson. Experienced yes, but a bit hit and miss in some of his previous clubs.

He won't be helped by the financial situation, about half the squad wanting to move away etc. But the speculation linking us with Danny Murphy doesn't fill me with confidence.

I don't expect us to be up there fighting for the title for a year or so. we don't have the budget or pulling power to get the players who might make the difference. What I'd like is for us to just start playing some good flowing (and entertaining) football and get some 'decent' young players in.

Pleased that Holland won.

However, fuming too, because if England had won their group potentially they would of only had Holland to play (out of the top 10 teams in the World) to reach the final. AND Capello is staying!! :blink:

This game was not good for my heart... As I'm from the Netherlands, I had quite a bit of stress after the 2-1. Hoping for a third goal or no goals at all, and it came true :blink::D I'm very happy at the moment (duh) :WINCE::D

You should have told mr Morales your mum was dutch, in may he asked me if I was from Sweden (my name is Sven and I look kinda nordic) and I told him I'm from the Netherlands and he started to say things to me in Dutch :YAHOO::dance: it was a bit wierd, but cool :WINCE:

Edited by svenntroll