The Football Chat

Daniel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed that the Netherlands win tonight as Howard Webb has a great chance of being the Ref for the final. If Uruguay get through then it has been revealed that FIFA will not risk him disallowing a goal in the final, no matter how much it should be disallowed, and have Uruguay question his honesty as possible revenge for Lampard's goal that never was.

Not seen the goal, but the website commentary made it sound top class.

Go Clog Wearers!!!

Pleased that the Dutch got through, Uruguay were finally exposed as not being anything special, and after cheating Ghana out of a last minute goal, at last justice is done.

Think the real test for the Dutch will be the final, where they will play one of the two best teams in the tournament, although they keep winning i have not been really impressed with Holland.

Keep thinking that if England had won their group, they could be in the final now, as we could (if we played anything like we can) have beaten Ghana, Uruguay and Holland.

*laughs* I'm finding it funny, all that rooting for Spain *chuckles*

Most my facebook 'friends' from Holland are rooting for Germany, btw - they are saying that would make for the more passionate game and I'm inclined to agree with them. Regardless though, I'm obviously cheering for Germany ;)

I'm hoping for Spain aswell!

The Germans have been ruthless on the break but it's not football that stirs the soul.

I'd rather watch 'Tiki Taka' anyday!

What has happen to the Dutch 4-3-3? ingrained in Ajax, PSV etc youth teams it seems to have been

abandoned for a 4-5-1

I'm used to much more progressive football from a team I looked forward to seeing.

So, the heart says Spain (under Aragones, Spain played with 1 striker so all is not lost with Torres unfit/out of form)

My head fears the more pragmatic Germans/Dutch may triumph as the more defensive sides often defeat those that try to make the game.

My head fears the more pragmatic Germans/Dutch may triumph as the more defensive sides often defeat those that try to make the game.

:headscratch: Not quite sure which German games you have been watching - for a team to win 4:0, 4:1 (or 2, really, but .. ya know .. *shrugs* ) and 4:0 in three out of their 5 world cup games so far, it cannot have played 'defensively'. Or without 'having tried to make the game'. They've played a much more driven game of soccer than they have in a long time, filled with ideas, decisiveness and interesting game-plays. I'm not getting over-confident and saying that, hell yeah, we are winning the cup (and if you've watched closely, you'll find that neither players nor coach have let themselves be led into that trap by reporters whenever they were asked), but I am saying that Germany actually has a chance with the kind of soccer they've been playing lately. Only tonight will show what they do with that chance. *shrugs*

Edited by silky_cat

:D Well played, Spain, well played. They definitely were the better and domineering team and deserved the win. Now, let's make 3rd as we did 4 years ago - 'cause, really, we have left a lot of good and more experienced teams in the dirt so .. here's looking towards 2014 :D

I don't have a real favourite for the final now. Spain and Netherlands have Liverpool players. But, I will be cheering on Germany in the play off as Uruguay have that cheating ************************ who prevented Ghana moving forward - kind of.

I will be yelling "Go Germany" as part of ..

Go on now GO...walk out the door..don't turn around now, the final doesn't need you anymore.

Weren't you the ones who thought you could win it all..

You didn't survive...you didn't survive..hey hey!!

He! He!