The Football Chat

Daniel

Although it pains me, well done to Germany.

And I await the Welsh, Irish and Scottish to begin the mocking. At least England got to South Africa.

And you'll hear no mocking from me! While I'm happy that Germany won, I'm not happy with the way the ref cheated you guys out of the deserved 2nd goal. It could very well have ended completely different!

Fair play, guys! And now, :D cheers here to GERMANY! :clap:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No question about it we were second best. I know we were playing a world class team, but we could have played better and could have won. :D:(

I think the team have to forget about this and concentrate on getting to Euro 2012, if we get our act together and play as a team, who knows :help:

I do hope everyone will continue to use this thread. We still have two weeks until the final :clap:

Edited by Daniel

Oh dear I wondered when we would get dragged in to it

Its easy, we dont have a team ,we dont deserve to be there , but we do have passion so maybe thats what English players are lacking

:(

England did indeed lack passion. A Championship Goalkeeper was a best player.

However, Scotland lack wins and that is why they rarely get to tournaments.

No question about it we were second best. I know we were playing a world class team, but we could have played better and could have won. :D:D

I think the team have to forget about this and concentrate on getting to Euro 2012, if we get our act together and play as a team, who knows :help:

I do hope everyone will continue to use this thread. We still have two weeks until the final :clap:

I see you changed your Avatar quickly Daniel.

disgrace, and you know what, nothing less than we deserve, we have been pretty poor all through this world cup, can't defend, can't pass, cant keep possession, can't shoot and what does fabio do? hesky for dafoe hesky who can't score for s***? No ideas, no hope, embarrassing, fable to go, and the next manager to pick a team and not names

proud to be English, embarrassed to support the English team right now, absolute disgraceful performance all round throughout this world cup, not good enough for players who are world class. fabio has no clue, no plan b, hesky on for dafoe when we need a goal? your kidding me! yer we were cheated in first half but we deserved to be beat, we were poor! public apology needed! and i think fabio to go, mark lawenson to be next manager lol, everything he said was spot on!

fabio " we play well" oh my god, this is gonna cost us millions like sven did isnt it before he goes, at least sven got us to the quarters, no apology either? my my

No question about it we were second best. I know we were playing a world class team, but we could have played better and could have won. :D:(

Didn't play better. Didn't win. Didn't deserve to win.

The only thing that they can do is concentrate on the Qualifiers for 2012;

Only those who are glory hunters will now not use this thread. This is a football tournament thread, and not an England football thread. I will be using this, and continuing to support my sweep stakes team of Ghana.

disgrace, and you know what, nothing less than we deserve, we have been pretty poor all through this world cup, can't defend, can't pass, cant keep possession, can't shoot and what does fabio do? hesky for dafoe hesky who can't score for s***? No ideas, no hope, embarrassing, fable to go, and the next manager to pick a team and not names

proud to be English, embarrassed to support the English team right now, absolute disgraceful performance all round throughout this world cup, not good enough for players who are world class. fabio has no clue, no plan b, hesky on for dafoe when we need a goal? your kidding me! yer we were cheated in first half but we deserved to be beat, we were poor! public apology needed! and i think fabio to go, mark lawenson to be next manager lol, everything he said was spot on!

fabio " we play well" oh my god, this is gonna cost us millions like sven did isnt it before he goes, at least sven got us to the quarters, no apology either? my my

Lawrenson for Manager? Are you kidding? The guy used to play for my former team of Liverpool - they have to earn my support again by playing with passion - and was born in England. Yet, he chose to play for the Irish.

During the commentary he went from WE to YOU.

Fabio got it wrong. Prior to the tournament he was the beloved Manager. Now he is suddenly the villain? Do me a favour.

People need to accept that England lost. Yes, it would more than likely have been a different game if the goal was given. It wasn't . Live with it.

The people who need to look at themselves are the players. No heart. No soul. No passion. No pride. If anyone deserves to go, it is them. All of them except David James.

And, at least Robert Green said sorry. I have not heard one England player say that simple 5 letter word. Now, I want Mexico to win tonight.

And I want a first timer to win the World Cup.

I'll definitely be here, continuing to use the thread .. seeing how the Germans are continuing into the quarter finals now :D

Well, at least the Germans cannot bring up 1966 and the Russian linesman anymore. We have 2010 and the Uruguayan linesman.

Well, at least the Germans cannot bring up 1966 and the Russian linesman anymore. We have 2010 and the Uruguayan linesman.

You know, that's actually pretty similiar to what I told my father when he was loudly complaining why the German commentator kept bringing up that "stolen goal": "That's payback time for Wembley, and he's mad because now he can't complain anymore." :D

Lawrenson for Manager? Are you kidding? The guy used to play for my former team of Liverpool - they have to earn my support again by playing with passion - and was born in England. Yet, he chose to play for the Irish.

During the commentary he went from WE to YOU.

Fabio got it wrong. Prior to the tournament he was the beloved Manager. Now he is suddenly the villain? Do me a favour.

People need to accept that England lost. Yes, it would more than likely have been a different game if the goal was given. It wasn't . Live with it.

The people who need to look at themselves are the players. No heart. No soul. No passion. No pride. If anyone deserves to go, it is them. All of them except David James.

And, at least Robert Green said sorry. I have not heard one England player say that simple 5 letter word. Now, I want Mexico to win tonight.

And I want a first timer to win the World Cup.

I'll definitely be here, continuing to use the thread .. seeing how the Germans are continuing into the quarter finals now :D

I was never a big fabio fan, but we did top the group in qualifying so cant argue, the friendlies were aweful as was this world cup.

lawro yes i was joking but he would still be better at decision making.

robert greens sorry wasnt all that though was it, more a begrudging sorry if i remember, but better than fabio "we play well" and gerrard " i dont know"

fabio got it wrong? yes, lets review, gerrard on the left? when will england managers learn? injured players getting the nod, out of form players getting the nod, hesky a starter? ppl were confused by this 5 years ago and they still are. hesky the man to come on to get us a goal when he cant hit a barn door? no change of formation or tactics when things were not working, relying on barry who A isnt that bloody good and B was injured and off pace anyway going into this cup! and then after being thumped 4-1 and pl;aying poor in all 4 games aside about 30 minutes in all and terrible in this game he thinks we played well?

Dear England FC (Except David James),

Might I draw your attention to a little international game called CRICKET. Today, an English team played as a TEAM. They supported each other. The supporters put aside local rivalries and got behind the team.

Even playing their biggest foes in Australia, a one day team miles ahead of the International One Day Cricket rankings, they never gave up.

With 10 runs needed from 12 runs, and having lost 5 wickets for about 20 runs, the crowd and TEAM never gave up. They could have thought that they would be 2-1 up with two games left, but they didn't. In comes Jimmy Anderson at the tail end of an innings and helps steady the ship listening to the batter already settled. The result? Two runs, a single, a four and then another boundary.

The result - an England TEAM won because they believed.

Ask Sky Sports for the three one day matches played in the last week or so and see what pride is to wear the 3 Lions.

Shame on your England FC.

Well done England ODC.

well that performance and world cup campaign sucked :o

well at least we I get back to doing more important things this summer :o

p.s

well done England cricket team - real English winners :P

Might I draw your attention to a little international game called CRICKET. Today, an English team played as a TEAM. They supported each other. The supporters put aside local rivalries and got behind the team.

Even playing their biggest foes in Australia, a one day team miles ahead of the International One Day Cricket rankings, they never gave up.

With 10 runs needed from 12 runs, and having lost 5 wickets for about 20 runs, the crowd and TEAM never gave up. They could have thought that they would be 2-1 up with two games left, but they didn't. In comes Jimmy Anderson at the tail end of an innings and helps steady the ship listening to the batter already settled. The result? Two runs, a single, a four and then another boundary.

Ask Sky Sports for the three one day matches played in the last week or so and see what pride is to wear the 3 Lions.

Well done England ODC.

Fair point but it was only a few years that the England cricket team were being widely criticised for being under motivated and over pampered compared to their Australian opponents after the 2007 Ashes.

The football team have horribly underperformed for many years now but I think the evidence is there to suggest that when the public adulation and money gets into sports like Cricket and Rugby, then the people who play those sports at the top level are every bit as capable of being distracted by the bright lights as their footballing counterparts.

The English ODC team are winners becasue they try and care...not only because they won the match.

i totally agree, that is why i believe that teams like Japan, Ghana and Uruguay will be the true winners of this world cup, even if they do not get any further, as they have proven to the football world that passion, commitment and desire can take you further then just skill alone

Well done England ODC.

Fair point but it was only a few years that the England cricket team were being widely criticised for being under motivated and over pampered compared to their Australian opponents after the 2007 Ashes.

The football team have horribly underperformed for many years now but I think the evidence is there to suggest that when the public adulation and money gets into sports like Cricket and Rugby, then the people who play those sports at the top level are every bit as capable of being distracted by the bright lights as their footballing counterparts.

I totally agree. However, the current set up seems to have refound their passion for the Three Lions.

• Moderators

In all honesty, I couldn't care less about passion/pride/whatever you wanna call it.

I just want the team to function as a unit, as well as the players performing as well as they should do individually. There's so much potential with our team year after year, and it just never happens.

I don't agree with anyone that says we don't have the depth. If these players didn't perform in their various leagues to a high standard then I'd agree but most of them really do.

It's just a case of continually making the wrong decisions on the pitch at international level, and bottling it.

What an absolute shambles! i have not watched such an inept performance in years,we have a manager who still struggles with english,how does he get his point across? and we are four one down and brings heskey on,and im a villa fan why???????????where was crouchie??,we still have lampard and gerrard in the same midfield yet we all :P know they can not play together,this has been ongoing for 6 years,to many average players, barry who hasnt got any pace,no recognised wingers i could go on but i wont. go back, the last time if felt great to be an england supporter was 1966,1990,1996 yes ramsey,robson and venables! get an english manager who picks players that will play in the position they do for there club e.g gerrard is no left sided midfielder.

great result in the cricket!

Edited by malc75

Wrong players in the wrong positions playing the wrong system is rarely going to win trophies at the top level

Ignoring the fact that most of the 'team' were shocking today, a spectacular mistake was not recalling the free from suspension Carragher.

Before anyone goes on about lack of pace again, hear me out.

1. If Carragher had played, Terry would of been able to play in his normal position instead of switching disasterously to accomodate Upson (whose goal was evidence that at one point in the game he actually was in A penalty area :P ).

2. Carragher is more practised at covering for the 'defensive antics' of Glenn Johnson.

3. Carragher has played against better forwards throughout his entire career and would never of conceded four.

4. Carragher is not stupid enough to get caught out of position, and especially not stand further wide on the back four than his full back (Upson again!)

5. Carragher is the only English defender that has played (135 mins) to have not conceded in the World Cup. The rest average a goal every 35 minutes or so.

Maybe it wouldn't of made a difference to the overall winners, but just this simple bad selection decision seems to me to add further doubt as to the international calibre of Capello. Why no Walcott, why Heskey, Why on earth bring on Joe Cole, Who in their right minds expected Ledley King to be fit, the list goes on and on.

That said, i think the Germany v Argentina game will be good and we are guaranteed to see one of the least favourite teams in this Country go out.

In all honesty, I couldn't care less about passion/pride/whatever you wanna call it.

I just want the team to function as a unit, as well as the players performing as well as they should do individually. There's so much potential with our team year after year, and it just never happens.

I don't agree with anyone that says we don't have the depth. If these players didn't perform in their various leagues to a high standard then I'd agree but most of them really do.

It's just a case of continually making the wrong decisions on the pitch at international level, and bottling it.

That is my whole point. If you have pride, passion and a deep seated desire to perform at the highest levels for your country, then you can function as a unit. As a team.

There have been several teams in the tournament who have show the ride, passion and desire to perform as a team. English players have not had that this tournament, or any other tournament since 1996.

If you go out there and go through the motions, then you will be embarrassed by the opposition.