where is everyone coming from and staying?

maxi

last year I stayed at Easy Hotels (which is VERY orange - not good with hangover)

I was stuck in the dungeon/basement there !!! Bloody horrible, could not even get a mobile phone signal it was so far down! If I ever stay again, im gonna insist on a window :D

BTW i'm travelling from North-East.

How many floors did they have in that place then? We were on the ground floor.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last year I stayed at Easy Hotels (which is VERY orange - not good with hangover)

I was stuck in the dungeon/basement there !!! Bloody horrible, could not even get a mobile phone signal it was so far down! If I ever stay again, im gonna insist on a window :D

I have no idea how many floors - but if you're planning on staying Easyhotel Earls Court again, insist on a room ground level or above!!

I have no idea how many floors - but if you're planning on staying Easyhotel Earls Court again, insist on a room ground level or above!!

And make sure I don't get hidiously drunk either - the bright orange bathroom was not fun!!

I was stuck in the dungeon/basement there !!! Bloody horrible, could not even get a mobile phone signal it was so far down! If I ever stay again, im gonna insist on a window :P

And make sure I don't get hidiously drunk either - the bright orange bathroom was not fun!!

Are you telling me you didn't rush to B&Q order 20 litres of 'Easy Orange' emulsion, and paint every room of your house? Nothing better in the world than bright orange walls in a bathroom when you're throwing up :P

It's a 10 minute tube ride to Earls Court for me. By the way, it's all getting knocked down - huge pity. Have been to a lot of good concerts there.

Earls Court's being demolished? Why?! If it's for the olymnpics again I'll be furious (I don't want them anyway, it's bad enough we have to sacrifice music venues for it). First the Astoria, now this? (and do you know what happened to Hammersmith Palais? I heard that was being knocked down too)

It's a 10 minute tube ride to Earls Court for me. By the way, it's all getting knocked down - huge pity. Have been to a lot of good concerts there.

Earls Court's being demolished? Why?! If it's for the olymnpics again I'll be furious (I don't want them anyway, it's bad enough we have to sacrifice music venues for it). First the Astoria, now this? (and do you know what happened to Hammersmith Palais? I heard that was being knocked down too)

It's got more to do with Excel and the O2 to be honest - big events tend to go to Excel now, and the really big music events tend to be at the O2. I reckon Wembley Arena will go in a few years for the same reason. Actually the Olympics will keep EC alive for a couple of years, since they're doing the volleyball there. After that it will be knocked down and the land will be redeveloped as flats. Real shame.

Agree about the Astoria - that was a fantastic venue. There's only a few 'real' music venues left in London now : - Brixton Academy, Hammersmith Odeon, Shepherds Bush Empire. Maybe the Forum.

Edited by MikeDonovan

I found out about this event totally randomly nearly 3 years ago after it was advertised in a magazine. I live in Glasgow and was going for a long weekend in London and saw this was on the same weekend. I've been back every year since, and intend to go for many years to come.

As I come down for longer than just the duration of the event i tend to book into a Travelodge (basic, cheap and imo, good quality) more central and get the tube in to Earl's Court that morning.

From Sweden. Anyone know a hostel that is close to the event? Maybe Travelodge has one that is just a few minutes away by cab?

Which airport is closest to this event, Stanstead or Gatwick?

Premier Inn London Kensington Olympia - walking distance to local restaurants, shops, tubes and the event.

Good food on site and good prices

I'm flying in from Munich, Germany :) First Euro-con, all my other celeb meets were in the States or Canada. All excited now :WINCE: I'm gonna be staying on that college campus (Imperial College London - Beit Hall) .. I found that to be the cheapest shot, and since I'm traveling on one hell of a tight budget, that signed that deal :wub:

Anyone else staying there? Or wanting to meet up (quick li'l info 'bout me: German-born, American-raised (New York state and Michigan). Female. 34 yrs. of age. Mainly there for the Star Trek and Star Wars, also fan of B5, X-Men, Stargate SG1, Hellboy, Joss Whedon, Firefly/Serenity. Slasher. World Traveler. Total geek and nerd and proud of it.)? Give me a shout out via PM or email (in my profile).

Laters!