Thank You So Much

Doctor Who

Hiya, I've just returned from The Hub 3 and I'd just like to thank everyone. It really was one of the best weekends of my life and everyone was so friendly. The crew members were all very happy to help and with it being my first convention, I had very little troubles. The guests were lovely, the talks were hilarious, the photoshoots were fantastic (a big shoutout to both photographers, I usually hate pictures of myself but think every single one is a decent picture) and everything was brilliant.

Kai Owen turned up on the Saturday night which was a suprise in the skit and that really did get everyone buzzing. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of Kai doing autographs and photoshoots until later on today but with a massive thanks to Too Tall, I managed to get a photoshoot ticket with Kai. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have got one so I'd once again like to say thank you so much. The whole event was brilliant and I'm pretty sure I'll be booking for The Hub 4.

Eve Myles, Kai Owen and Tom Price are brilliant first guests and I would have bought tickets for the convention at this event but my parents weren't sure about the move to Northampton. We've now found out it isn't actually that far away on the train so when they go on sale online, I'll hopefully manage to book a Silver ticket. When I asked at the registration desk, one of the moderators said that it's unlikely all of the Silver tickets would run out so hopefully there'll be some for everyone.

Thank you so much everyone, I'm in such a good mood and it's all thanks to you lot. :P

Edited by Doctor Who

Hear hear.

This was my third Hub, and it seems that each time we have little niggles on the forum about guest announcements, party theme confirmation, schedule publication etc., and while we as attendees might like all of that sooner, there are usually very good practical reasons for the timing of the announcements, I think.

On top of that, when the actual event begins, everything is spot on, well-run and great fun. There is always someone to help with queries and all the event staff give 100% the whole time to make sure we're enjoying ourselves. A lot of thought goes into how things are done and every single Hub so far has been a total delight. We may complain at times, but when it comes down to it, you're so good to us! I think the arrival of Kai on Saturday night highlighted that :blush:

So THANK YOU, everyone involved in the organising and running of Hub3. It was fab yet again!

moonlitcactus (already booked for Hub4) xx

just want to add my thanks to all the crew and guest that made HUB 3 a great event!! having kai show up as a last minute guest was much appreciated by all. The guests were fabulous!! I found the schedule a bit gruelling due to the amount of clashes we had but the crew were fabulous with me and mum over our special needs and made sure we got everything done!!

I had also had an amazing, it's a shame James had to cancel but maybe we can get him for the next one? :YAHOO:

This was my friend's first time at a convention and she thought it was great too. We're definitely coming back next time. Thanks so much to everyone involved in running The Hub 3! ;)

Edited by expecto-patronum

Yes thank you sooo much SM - especially for getting Kai in, that was the best surprise ever! Parties were brilliant too - wasn't going to go to the Hub 4 (combination of Children of Earth and my finances) but I don't know how I even considered missing it!

Another thank you here for a fantastic weekend - this was my first Hub but it won't be my last! Kai was just the cherry on a very nice cake - he was fantastic and I can see why he is so popular, what a brilliant guy! :D (Maybe get a more stable stage next time though, he seemed to haivng trouble with those steps!)

All the guests were fab, and I think some have definately gone away with lots more fans.

Thank you so much! This was the first time I'd been to a proper weekend con and I absolutely loved it. The staff were all fantastic and so helpful, and having Kai there was such a fantastic surprise, especially after the news about James. So thank you for putting on such a great event - I can't wait for the Hub 4 now!

• Moderators

Huge thanks to all involved - I had so much fun I practically forgot James or John were ever going to be there!

Especially with surprise!Kai showing up like that - although I doubt I'm the only one with a slightly sore throat after that!

The 'newbies' on the whole did fantastically too - props have to go to Rik and Ben in the panel talks, they were hilarious.

Already booked up for Hub 4 - can't wait to do it all again (no matter who you do or don't manage to get as guests!)

Thanks for the great weekend. Special thanks to Too Tall for helping us getting all our autographs before we must left the Hub 3 for our ride back to Hamburg (Sunday 2pm).

Was nice to see so much Torchwood fans and I never dreamed to hear so much German in the UK :)

Loved absolutely everything!

Thanks you guys!

I agree with everyone else - and I don't care who comes to the Hub - I love Torchwood, so as long as there are guests from Torchwood then I don't mind! I'll be there every time.

Although can we make Kai a lucky charm and keep bringing him back - he never gets boring, lol.

What a great idea to have a too tall facebook group - off to find it now!

I just want to add my thanks to the whole showmasters team and the crew for the weekend. They were all so helpful and nice. Even though I was slightly dissappointed that James couldn't make it I also knew that it was out of their hands. But Kai showing up on the Saturday was such a surprise I've never heard loud screams lol :o And he completely made my weekend, what a sweetie! Also Ben and Rik were lovely we must get them back.

Overall i wanna say a huge thank you, as my first Hub and weekend con it was to be remembered and it wont be my lst Hub :D:D

• Showmasters Admin

Thanks everyone for their thanks. I just try my best to make sure everything is fair for everyone and that everyone gets everything they came for. It I achive that I'm a happy man.

Tiggerboing - I don't bit, you can ask for a picture :P

I'd just like to echo everyone else's thanks.

I was really concerned after the opening ceremony that I wasn't going to be able to hear a thing but after a discussion with the lovely TooTall I was able to get a fairly front and centre seat that enabled me to lip read and get the best out of the sound system. Thanks for making sure I could get as much out of the talks as possible, it meant a lot to me.

I'd also like to thank the poor people who sat next to me as there were still some things I missed (mike in front of face not always conducive to lip reading and GDL does mumble at times) and they answered my many questions of 'what did they just say?' with a smile.

Going to be there in April, that's for sure!

Thanks everyone for their thanks. I just try my best to make sure everything is fair for everyone and that everyone gets everything they came for. It I achive that I'm a happy man.

Adding my thanks to Too Tall and everyone - but Too Tall, I can't believe that it was halfway into the third Hub and you still hadn't seen me faint!!! Everyone else was just going 'oh, it's her, she's fine' (ie, 90% of the crew :blink:) and you were so shocked and worried!!!

Still, thanks to you and everyone else for a really fantastic weekend. See you all next time!

I thanked Too Tall and Jason to there faces on Sunday night and just a big thank you to you all.... at least I am not all emontional now, like I was on Sunday and nearly cried when thanking Too Tall & Jason.

A big huge thank you too you all!

Morbid Sparks, did I speak to you in the disabuled queue (queing up for the talks)? if it was you lovely to meet you :).

Back on topic, just a huge hug and a thanks :) *sends a huge internet hug*

Adding my thanks to Too Tall and everyone - but Too Tall, I can't believe that it was halfway into the third Hub and you still hadn't seen me faint!!! Everyone else was just going 'oh, it's her, she's fine' (ie, 90% of the crew :YAHOO:) and you were so shocked and worried!!!

Still, thanks to you and everyone else for a really fantastic weekend. See you all next time!

I did think 'OK, there's a body on the floor, and everyone is going 'oh she's fine' and carrying on like nothing had happened!'

It was the first (and I hope the last!) time I had to ask to be let in early due to a screwed up back, and was impressed how simple it all was. Of course, the simplicity (ie the lack of a 'formal' system of who should and shouldn't go in) did mean that there was at least one person who is very much not disabled getting in early and trying to save her friends seats in the front row.... As I mentioned in the feedback thread, this was the first occasion I've had a hint of hassle with a crew member but it was only one individual, the rest were as fantastic as ever and I thought generally looked a little more chilled than at the previous ones. Maybe you're all just getting better at hiding the hysteria? I'm not going to Hub 4 (there are only so many times you need to see Gareth and Kai!) but look forward to seeing you at Bitten if not before ;)

• Showmasters Admin

Adding my thanks to Too Tall and everyone - but Too Tall, I can't believe that it was halfway into the third Hub and you still hadn't seen me faint!!! Everyone else was just going 'oh, it's her, she's fine' (ie, 90% of the crew :D) and you were so shocked and worried!!!

No I hadn't seen it before, and to be honest I just saw someone in the side of my vision collapse so my first reaction was to make sure you were OK.