How much are you spending?

paddington

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha StarTrekSpock I am also a student and this show is gonna blow my student loan as I'm starting to think about it lol

Hotel: £90

Train: £50

Entry: £20 - including this spent about £70 on online store with talks and John Barrowman photo shoot.

Autos I'm probs looking close to £200 depending on if I get everyone on my list and whether any more guests are announced

Photoshoots -erm i don't even wanna think about it probs bout £100 there - all in all looking at bout £500 being spent on this weekend not including stalls. Thank God I don't have another event til at least April

i normally have a convention limit of £500 per con but i think this going to be broken this con.

so far i've spent

pre-order

ticket £10

photoshoots £168

on the day(sunday)

autos £200

photos £50

auction £100 limit(but will go over that i know i will)

merchandise what ever i have left hopefully £100.

i spent £250 in the auction at hallowhedon that was pretty much it.

simon

161 euro for travel (ca. 140 GBP)

90 GBP for hotel

somewhere between 200 and 300 on auto's an pics

and hopefully there is enough to buy at the stalls to spend on other 2 or 300 at the stalls and auctions.

plus about 300 GBP for a PS3 and games and some money for presents for Sinterklaas :D

(and some on food etc B))

if the totals isn't more then a 1200 euro's it's okay :P

Edited by svenntroll

• 2 weeks later...

161 euro for travel (ca. 140 GBP)

90 GBP for hotel

somewhere between 200 and 300 on auto's an pics

and hopefully there is enough to buy at the stalls to spend on other 2 or 300 at the stalls and auctions.

plus about 300 GBP for a PS3 and games and some money for presents for Sinterklaas :D

(and some on food etc :D)

if the totals isn't more then a 1200 euro's it's okay :P

130 for travel (my flight from the Netherlands & Oyster Card)

230 for hotel (staying 5 days)

235 photoshoots & entrance

Around 60 for Autographs.

635 and that is not even including merchandise yet! But then I can put that much in my suitcase so that's probably not more then 100.

Pff it's good I skip Sinterklaas this year!

entrance £20

photo shoots £70, shannon, chase, john barrowman, george

travel (my monthly oyster takes care of that)

accomodation (i live in london yay)

auto's on the day billydee for the photo £20

maybes Gareth Thomas, Rene Auberjonois, Derek Jacobi

so not including maybes im at £110

So far I have spent:

3 entry tickets (yes - I had to pay for my brothers' tickets and I'll never be paid back! lol) - £30

3 photoshoot tickets - £40

It'll cost about £10-£15 travel wise, plus I want three autographs so that'll be £50. And I always spend money at the dealer's stalls, usually between £20 and £40.

So, overall around £170 ish. It's very expensive for someone living off of a student loan and a rubbish job behind a bar :blush: But it's worth it!

Edited by Laurenx

£70 return train tickets

£20 2 early bird tickets for Sat and Sun

£200+ on photoshoot tickets Shannon Doherty, John Barrowman, Heather Langenkamp, Robert Englund, Montseraat Lombard, David Soul, George Takei, Rene Auberjonois, John Rhys Davies, Derek Jacobi, Anthony Michael Hall, Katharine Isabelle, Billy Dee Williams (maybe more when i'm there- if I can fit them in)

£200+ on autographs- stil haven't figured out which ones

££££££££ too much on the stalls!!!

(if William Shatner is confirmed - i'll add another £150 to the total for autographs and photoshoots :YAHOO: )

Edited by keithporter23

130 for travel (my flight from the Netherlands & Oyster Card)

230 for hotel (staying 5 days)

235 photoshoots & entrance

Around 60 for Autographs.

635 and that is not even including merchandise yet! But then I can put that much in my suitcase so that's probably not more then 100.

Pff it's good I skip Sinterklaas this year!

how can you skip Sinterklaas :D :D

I know the suitcase problem, that on of the reasons I take the boat they let you take 2 big bags ;) so far more room for merch :YAHOO: and it saves a day off for me because I take the nightboat.

if you want to talk dutch at the con, I'm the guy with blond dreadlocks, glasses, 2 noserings and a buffy shirt named Sven :)

if you want to talk dutch at the con, I'm the guy with blond dreadlocks, glasses, 2 noserings and a buffy shirt named Sven :)

But Sven, how is she going to recognise you? I suggest wearing a carnation, or carrying a copy of The Times ;)

Edited by keithporter23

But Sven, how is she going to recognise you? I suggest wearing a carnation, or carrying a copy of The Times :WAVE:

you got a point there.. although a carnation is a bit too much and walking with a newspaper under my arm could be a bit crappy when I want to do something else then smoking..

but still it's something to think about :lol: