Screaming and Flash Photography and other stuff

hobbitfanatic

I doubt it, its no different to the whole music download thing I find it irritating that people think they can just download a track illegally... its theft.

It's one of those things thats extremely difficult to manage though I guess, same with the filming in the halls.

I noticed in another event recently they allowed filming though, wonder why it was different... different countries different rules perhaps?

Nevertheless, maybe SM should stick blue tac on everyones cameras lol so they can't change them to video mode ^_^

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

I 100% agree with this no screaming.

At LFCC I went on and asked for people to not scream, but to cheer as much as they liked. Everyone did and it was sooooo much better. Hopefully us asking any will have an effect.

As for the videoing it's really hard for us to enforce. We do have crew in the room checking but people can be very sneaky. If yo usee someone doing it, please do report it to us. We will ask them to stop.

Is there going to be more crew in the hall this time as I had to go out to get crew from outside a couple of times to point out to them the ones that we're filming and also the standard ticket holders who we're going in to the gold seats.

Would there be anyway a crew member could take a camera off someone who was either videoing or taking flash pics until say the end of the talk then give it back to them so they could not spoil it for others in the talk.

Yes I shall make sure there are more crew in the actual hall this time.

And I have an idea that will stop the standards moving up, but I've to get it approved by Mark and Jason yet.

It's hard one. We give one warning after that if they continue we will look at removing the person from the hall.

That's what I mean, I'm taking a stand against it, I see it as part of the 'Respect Me' campaign I know it's about rpattz mainly but as far as I stand if you're filming someone who hasn't given their permission to do so it's incredibly rude

I completely agree. It's just rude and arrogant to think that you are above the rules.

And your mother is 39? Wow , that makes me feel so, so old! But I agree with you, writing fanfic about characters is one thing (though I prefer stuff to be in keeping with the tone of the books, so not at all graphic anyway) but writing about the actors is just odd and quite frankly, pretty gross. And I can see why the age thing would matter when your mother is that age. If someone MY mum's age acted that way it would be weird for me too.

I personally think Rob is gorgeous (yes, even though I'm years older than him) but I'll keep any fantasies in my head, thanks. Poor boy would be scarred for life if he read some of the stuff that was written about him. I feel grubby just reading some of it ^_^

It must be really annoying for the guests too, thinking they are not being filmed, so perhaps being a little more relaxed, then finding stuff on youtube, that they probably dont want out there.

Not good

If you get caught doing that sort of thing at gigs, you get instantly evicted.

I wonder if they would risk doing it if they thought they would miss most of ET2

That's what I'm thinking like some of the stuff charlie said about filming with the original cast, he might not want out there for everyone to see and yet it's on youtube :|

I agree with the no screaming, anyone who is a screamer it will make me go into premature labour with my twins and i'll be so far from home and my partner will miss the birth and it will all be so horrible and the people who scream will have to clean up the amniotic mess, hope this has put off some screamers ;)

but seriously, I am a bit worried :YAHOO:

I found more clips on youtube from the proms, and even though they'd be good for my website it's against the actors privacy and just SO wrong :P

I posted a video from the Proms on the Twitter, but it was someone dancing with him, is that okay or does it cross the rule?

Ugh! Really, thats just not right!

I must admit, I have steered clear of it, doesnt appeal

(sorry to all those who write it)

Heh, I write it, but only about characters and my stories are sweet (:

And I've never actually seen someone ejected from a gig for filming? Only massive professional cameras confiscated.

I tried to limit the photos I took during the talk at the Prom, but I ended up just taking them in between people's heads, so I don't think I was in anyone's way?

Yeahhh.....the screaming at ET1 was a bit much (Though me and Mel will admit to screaming our lungs out...sorry for that lol (Mum kind of went a bit deaf..))

TBF the flashing wasn't that annoying for me but I know that flash photography while on a stage can be REALLY off putting as I've had it in the past. Luckily my camera is crap with the flash so I never took photoes with the flash on.

I agree with this thread totally. Especially the screaming/crowding.

The proms was awesome it was so laid back no screaming very little crowding which meant the guests stayed at the parties for ages and i got to chat too them all.

It would be great it it was like that at ET2 though i think with the much larger number of attendees it will be understandably harder to keep everyone in check

:)

I agree so much with the screeming thing. When i was at ET1, i will admit, in the 1st talk i screemed a little, purely because i hadnt seen anyone yet and everybody else was screeming. Then i thought "why are you screeming... its a little creepy Katie.. just like clapp :)" But yehh, it was like wayyy too much..

Regarding Flashes, yehh i agree that they shouldnt be allowed, but one thing i wanna say is :

My camera is stupid, and will randomly turn its flash on and not tell you, if a shadow pases over it/the thing its taking the picture of is dark and other people probly get that problem too... so i think, maybe if a camera flashes once and the person realises its on and stops, fine but if it carries on then something should be done about it. because i really dont wanna be kicked out when i dont meen to flash... lol tht sounds wrong. Does anyone get what i meen?

I posted a video from the Proms on the Twitter, but it was someone dancing with him, is that okay or does it cross the rule?

As far as I'm aware that's okay it's the stuff in the talks I think is meant to be exclusive and stuff

I would like everyone to not scream, not crowd the guests, not barge other attendees out of the way and just generally be respectful and polite.

Even at Twi Prom the same people crowded the guest's, it would be far more polite if once you have your time with the guests to allow other's time also.

That is all.

As far as I'm aware that's okay it's the stuff in the talks I think is meant to be exclusive and stuff

Then that's okay (:

I did @reply the girl in the video, so it's not like she doesn't know it's there >.<

Hi Guys

I'm asking a huge favour here to make mine and a lot of peoples ET the best.

Please try and keep the screaming down there is no need to scream fair enought clap cheer etc but screaming it gets a little much after a while.

My friends son was there last time and the screaming was that bad he had to speed most of the time with his fingers in his ears.

Also flash photography people are always told only first 5 mins but at ET1 people did not listen to this yes I know Peter said ok in one of his talks but I'm talking about the other times.

Before the talks people we're turning they cameras around and taking pictures of the crowd behind them and yes those flashes do really hurt your eyes.

A friend of mine who had a gold ticket had to leave a talk because of it.

If possiable please can you switch those silly click click off the cameras as well as it offer means people can not hear the talk for those noises on cameras.

I'm not trying to be mean to others I just want people to understand how their actions effect others peoples good time.

Please please think of others

I agree with you but no matter how many times Mark & Jason say please do not scream - it will fall on deaf ears (sorry for the pun!!!)....but I have to admit I did take a pic of the crowd behind me to show my friend but I dont think I had the flash on as Sam said (below) our camera takes better pics without the flash on.

I'm really worried about this AGAIN it was pathetic last time, the guests didn't hang out at the parties cus of people chasing after them, twi proms was so cool cus of this I spoke to charlie for like ten minutes about random stuff, I never had any similar chance to do that at ET last year

BLARGH@ stalker fan girls

It was bad at ET1 - on the Saturday they were crowded so much they were gone in minutes I saw Kellan for a split second Sam couldnt get to the bar because poor Kellan was so crowded it was quite scary !!!!which spoilt it for the rest of us and obviously for them - but again it was always the same people :D

It was lovely at the Twi-Prom a group of us sat with Jose for ages talking about all sorts of things - as you said at ET no way could you do that other than at the wine reception. But it would have been nice for other fans to be able to talk to them.

Yeahhh.....the screaming at ET1 was a bit much (Though me and Mel will admit to screaming our lungs out...sorry for that lol (Mum kind of went a bit deaf..))

TBF the flashing wasn't that annoying for me but I know that flash photography while on a stage can be REALLY off putting as I've had it in the past. Luckily my camera is crap with the flash so I never took photoes with the flash on.

Yes Sam you and Mel did scream and I went deaf but you didn't do it again because I sat between you both :D and you took notice of what Jason said about the screaming afterwards...... so hopefully fans will take notice and not scream (but will not as I said above) just cheer and clap because it was quite daunting for the guests on stage.

I also think that SM and crew will take a tougher line this time so we can all enjoy ourselves as we all know it's not cheap to go to the ET Cons :D

It was lovely at the Twi-Prom a group of us sat with Jose for ages talking about all sorts of things - as you said at ET no way could you do that other than at the wine reception. But it would have been nice for other fans to be able to talk to them.

I did similar, I was up till 5am along with Kate some of the crew and Jose just talking and it was so surreal, cus it was so normal lol :thumbup: same with Charlie I was just chatting away with him and I kept expecting a barrage of people to be like RAWRRRRRRRRRR and like stampede and it didn't happen.

It was so nice.

There's a great pic of you all on the ITSOTM forum I think you're sitting on the floor probably all drunk by what you were saying about Jose and all the shots you were drinking lol that man is awesome I hope he comes back to one of the other Cons :angel:

O gawd Im yet to see this rofl :|

Actually I think I know which one you mean and I think that was from the night before, Jose the wee partier lol

I don't scream, I woop (:

Haha Im the same.

Screaming does hurt my ears. It is also SO POINTLESS.

At LFCC there wasnt any screaming at all, and it was so much nicer. Hopefully that can happen again and a few people wont ruin it for everyone.

And I've never actually seen someone ejected from a gig for filming? Only massive professional cameras confiscated.

I have, after they were warned twice. In some ways it's easier/more advisable to toss somebody from a gig (so long as your T&Cs allow it) - if you just confiscate their stuff, you then have to look after their stuff, worry about them subsequently alleging that you damaged it, worry that they may just start again using another camera etc. Putting them out on the street is guaranteed to stop them. It also makes a powerful statement to anybody who sees it happen - other people are less inclined to infringe if they see it could cost them their attendance rather than just a few minutes of hassle.

I'm not saying that SM need to act all totalitarian, and it's a difficult thing to do without coming across as b'stards, but sometimes if the carrot ain't working, it's time to remind people what a big stick you have (ooh-err missus!)

I have, after they were warned twice. In some ways it's easier/more advisable to toss somebody from a gig (so long as your T&Cs allow it) - if you just confiscate their stuff, you then have to look after their stuff, worry about them subsequently alleging that you damaged it, worry that they may just start again using another camera etc. Putting them out on the street is guaranteed to stop them. It also makes a powerful statement to anybody who sees it happen - other people are less inclined to infringe if they see it could cost them their attendance rather than just a few minutes of hassle.

I'm not saying that SM need to act all totalitarian, and it's a difficult thing to do without coming across as b'stards, but sometimes if the carrot ain't working, it's time to remind people what a big stick you have (ooh-err missus!)

Ohhhh. Every gig I've been to, no one's been that bothered. I always film my favourite songs at gigs, it's a nice little memory for myself (:

you dont shut up and your sat near me i will tell you to shut up... :o i've got a silver but ill be sat at the back with my mate as she has a standard and she's really worried about the screaming... i know she will kick off if she cant hear what is being said. mind you i wont be quite about it either...

also if i get bashed in any crazy fan girl crush to get to anyone i will seek out revenge on the pain giver... :P;) its happened before at another event when i had just gotten on crutches a general respect for other human beings is highly appreciated. it does seem to be something that twilight fans on mass cant manage and its not something i quiet understand. its world wide too. not just here.

i forgot what my point was.... nevermind

People are always going to be rude and selfish when they have an obsession, or when famous people are around, it just happens.

The screaming thing, it's going to happen, no matter how much we moan, and people always find ways to get around the rules. If someone wants to do something, when there are that many people around, it's pretty hard to stop them doing it.

I'm just saying our moaning is pointless, it's not going to stop them and I applaud anyone that manages to have an effect on people.