• only main cast
    • main and supporting cast
    • 1st timer in the UK Trek guests only
    • or a bit everything guest wise
  3. 3. section 3

• event for 600 with nice good guest
    • event for 1200 with biggest guest we can get

• Moderators

Personally I've never been to a Trek con before, and I don't have a huge collection, so I'd really like some main cast.

I think it's necessary to have some, as even though there's obviously a lot of supporting cast that haven't done events, they probably won't pull in a huge amount of people.

So there should be a good balance between the two I think.

It's tricky to know who exactly the con would have to appeal to - like, for example, do fans of the new Trek movie like the old TV series or not? Stuff like that is pretty important, as there's such a wide fanbase. Trek fans who love EVERYTHING, some who only like a particular series etc.

Would people go if they were just into DS9 for example? Or just the new movie? etc.

There's a lot to take on board, and I don't envy the decision making on this one.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would totally support a Trek Con.. Its about time we had a decent one in this country.

Have been to a few in the past and havemet most..

My most wanted list in order would be:-

JERI RYAN

JERI RYAN

JERI RYAN

Whoopi Goldberg

Diana Mulduar

Terry Farrell

Jolene Blalock

Linda Park

Michelle Forbes

Any or all from the new film

and

William Shatner

Patrick Stewart

if they agree to photoshoots

Others have posted some great suggestions as well.

This has the potential to be really exciting..

Edited by dragonmate1

I'd love to go to a Star Trek convention.

I voted for guests from all of the shows. I did enjoy the new film but I'm not really interested in meeting people from it (apart from Quinto), but I wouldn't be put off from going if there were guests from the film as long as there were more guests from other series ;)

For the 2nd part of the poll I voted for main and supporting cast, I want to get my Star Trek cast prints all signed :smile: Apart from the main cast though I'd like to meet other actors who played memorable and/or recurring roles (e.g. Q/ John de Lancie), I personally wouldn't be too interested in random aliens or crew members who didn't have a big part in the series though.

As for the size I voted 600 as I much prefer smaller conventions but I'm not going to decide not to go just because it's big.

Would love to see ST Con - that would make my lifetime!!!!

:YAHOO::pyth:

Any guest from any series or the new film would be great - if you go for a big arena you will get the big names!! Some of the other charactors i have meet before have been really great people so friendly too :D

If you could get some big names then that would be fantastic!!! Some Captains yes - MR BROOKS PLEASE!!! How about the two Mr Spocks - that would be one hella photo!!!

Group photos from the movie or a series!!

Kirk and Spock (old) would be great PLEASE - would not have to go Las Vegas then!!!! :P

Please do this and give me time to save up!!!

This would make so many people :D so happy !!!!!! :borg::dance::D:yoda::YAHOO:

Edited by 7 of 9

Would love to see ST Con - that would make my lifetime!!!!

:YAHOO::pyth:

Any guest from any series or the new film would be great - if you go for a big arena you will get the big names!! Some of the other charactors i have meet before have been really great people so friendly too :D

If you could get some big names then that would be fantastic!!! Some Captains yes - MR BROOKS PLEASE!!! How about the two Mr Spooks - that would be one hella photo!!!

Group photos from the movie or a series!!

Kirk and Spook (old) would be great PLEASE - would not have to go Las Vegas then!!!! :P

Please do this and give me time to save up!!!

This would make so many people :D so happy !!!!!! :borg::dance::D:yoda::YAHOO:

I dont think Spooks come out on a photograph!!!!

I would definetely support a Star Trek convention, and I would add my support for as many guests as possible, the Captains would be an obvious attraction but as mentioned earlier some of the supporting cast have been very good to meet at various Collectomanias at MK.

Would like to see Jeffrey Combs, Marc Alaimo, Alexander Siddag, Louise Fletcher, Terry Farrell, Nicole De Boer and Nana Visitor as those are DS9 stars that I have not yet met but I'm interested in meeting stars from the other Star Trek franchises as well.

Hope it goes ahead, would be nice if it was in the midlands........ :dance::thumbup:

With so many con regulars out there, for a new Trek con to be a big success you probably need to have at least one of the main players from the new film or a few rare UK signers.

Alternatively something unique. Recently it was announced Patrick Stewart is doing photo ops (admittedly a small number of them) at a con in Australia in January. I think that would pull people in.

Just my 2 cents.

Anyone from the new film would be awesome and I would most definately attend. Personaly I wouldn't attend a con for the old series and films as I have never watched them but I wish it well if it goes ahead :)

With so many con regulars out there, for a new Trek con to be a big success you probably need to have at least one of the main players from the new film or a few rare UK signers.

Alternatively something unique. Recently it was announced Patrick Stewart is doing photo ops (admittedly a small number of them) at a con in Australia in January. I think that would pull people in.

Just my 2 cents.

A rare photo op would be great but Patrick's photo op at another con in September in the US will be $200!!!

If it were a photo op with Stewart AND Shatner I might go for it.

Oh, come on. Who am I kidding? Of course I would.

JG Hetzler and Robert O'Reilly have been doing photo ops of them both dressed as Martok and Gowron - full make up and costume!! They look fantastic. How about something like that?

Edited by sagart

A photo op with Patrick is a bit of a holy grail for Trek fans and would surely pull in the punters.

The fact that he has now started doing them (in limited quantities) is already a bit of a shock.

At the one in Austrailia he is $100.00, that equals £50.00 approx.

I would pay that.

JG Hetzler and Robert O'Reilly have been doing photo ops of them both dressed as Martok and Gowron - full make up and costume!! They look fantastic. How about something like that?

I think that is an excellent idea- would definetely be a crowd puller - could even get Marc Alaimo and Jeffrey Combs to do the same.

:smile:

Just my 2 cents.

A rare photo op would be great but Patrick's photo op at another con in September in the US will be $200!!!

If it were a photo op with Stewart AND Shatner I might go for it.

Oh, come on. Who am I kidding? Of course I would.

Wow, that's 120 quid. 50 quid at the Australian thing is enough as it is!

But you know they could charge 300 dollars and still sell out of tickets!

I've been going to Trek conventions for over 30 years now, and I voted for a 600 people convention event, as I think they are slightly more personal for the attendees.

It would be nice to have some guests from the new film, and I think you could try to invite guests that will appeal to more than one fandom. If you had Zach Quinto and Karl Urban for example you could pull in people who are fans of Heroes and the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

In a similar vein guests from the TV series' that have appeared in other shows i.e. Connor Trinneer (Stargate Atlantis), John Billingsley (True Blood), George Takei (Heroes), Walter Koenig (Bablyon 5) etc etc.

I'd definitely be interested. I voted guests from all shows, a bit of everything guest wise and a smaller event.

I'd prefer guests from the TV series as I haven't seen the new film yet, so it doesn't really have any interest for me at the moment - but I don't think it should be ruled out as that would be blocking out the newer fans of just the film. I'd like to have a good mix of guests as it would give it variety, and a smaller event so that it should feel more personal, you wouldn't have a crap view if you were at the back of the talks, and so you'd get more quality time with the guests as there would be less people being ferried through. I just have this vision of it being so rushed if there were over 1000 attendees to get through each day that it wouldn't be very enjoyable and may not be worth the money paid for the amount of time you'd have with the larger guests.

Plus the only big guest I would really be interested in meeting would be Patrick Stewart - I have no interest at all in meeting William Shatner, and I met Leonard Nimoy earlier in the year so he wouldn't be a big draw for me.

Been thinking about what this one could be called. There are absolutely loads of possibities but my two favourites would be Star Trek Con: Resistance is Futile and Star Trek Con: The Final Frontier.

What does anyone else think it could be called?