• or a bit everything guest wise
  3. 3. section 3

• event for 600 with nice good guest
    • event for 1200 with biggest guest we can get

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alternatively something unique. Recently it was announced Patrick Stewart is doing photo ops (admittedly a small number of them) at a con in Australia in January. I think that would pull people in.

Just my 2 cents.

He has recently done a Con in America and he was charging $200 per photograph and had limited it to only 200 people.

I would personally like to see Wil Wheaton and Jeffrey Combs .

I used to go to the Trek conventions that were held over here, and they went down well and limited the number of people that attended to ensure everyone that wanted auto's got them.

You also paid for them in advance , which did work very well and I think that it would be worth considering, what they also did was had 1 main guest each day of the con and if you bought a certain entry ticket you automatically got there autograph, which saved a lot of time and let you get the other guests in attendance at your own leisure.

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...

I recognize this is heresy, but I've got no interest in meeting anyone from the new film. It was good, and it has definitely reinvigorated the franchise, but it's not the Trek I grew up with.

As for general guests, thanks to SM I've met most of the cast still with us that I would want to meet. The only person I haven't met that I'd definitely want to is probably Jeri Ryan, although I'd be very happy to meet Nichelle Nichols again, and the same with Bilbo Shatnoids. I wouldn't object to meeting Marina Sirtis again either.

Seeing that nearly 500 people have voted i say go for a 600 con cuz there is obviously the interest.
166 have voted. You vote once in each of the three sections. The final tally adds up all votes in all sections so your 'one vote' accounts for a total of three. Hope that makes sense...it's early :D

Still need a Trek con though!

im sorta hoping cos this was asked in august last year something big is gonna happen this year or next, Please SM'S, cant believe there hasnt been a trek con yet

Trek Conventions have already been done, but SM/ME want to do something bigger, better and different.

im sorta hoping cos this was asked in august last year something big is gonna happen this year or next, Please SM'S, cant believe there hasnt been a trek con yet

Trek Conventions have already been done, but SM/ME want to do something bigger, better and different.

done by SM'S?

done by SM'S?

Not to my knowledge. The couple that I attended were not by them.

i cant see a trek con happening this year not with so many trek guests at CM16 and LFCC this year including the legend that is shatner.

shame and confusing considering the amount of potential guests that trek doesnt get one but supernatural and more confusingly true blood do?