2. 2. section 2

• only main cast
    • main and supporting cast
    • 1st timer in the UK Trek guests only
    • or a bit everything guest wise
  3. 3. section 3

• event for 600 with nice good guest
    • event for 1200 with biggest guest we can get

Been thinking about what this one could be called. There are absolutely loads of possibities but my two favourites would be Star Trek Con: Resistance is Futile and Star Trek Con: The Final Frontier.

What does anyone else think it could be called?

I do like 'Resistance is Futile'. Off the top of my head:

'Beam Me Up'

'Hailing Frequencies Open'

'Make It So'

'Number One' - of course that would fail for any potential further cons - I just like it!

'Raising Shields'

'Red Alert'

'Warp 1'

EDIT: One more - 'Trek Con-tinuum'

Edited by 1of2

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been thinking about what this one could be called. There are absolutely loads of possibities but my two favourites would be Star Trek Con: Resistance is Futile and Star Trek Con: The Final Frontier.

What does anyone else think it could be called?

I do like 'Resistance is Futile'. Off the top of my head:

'Beam Me Up'

'Hailing Frequencies Open'

'Make It So'

'Number One' - of course that would fail for any potential further cons - I just like it!

'Raising Shields'

'Red Alert'

'Warp 1'

EDIT: One more - 'Trek Con-tinuum'

How about Star Trek Con -

Trials and Tribbulations

punch it in

Where no convention has gone before

The wrath of the Trekkies

something with a humourish twist that will appeal to all and something a bit special for trekkies!!

a nice in joke!!

:chair::chair:

something with a humourish twist that will appeal to all and something a bit special for trekkies!!

a nice in joke!!

:WINCE::whistling:

Well....there is always

'Get A Life'

:chair:

1 of 2

Rather live in the ST world with little conflict - no money and no money issues (unless you are ferengi!!) - human and aliens live in peace - exploring the galaxy and seeing new things.

Sounds good to me!!!

Beats reality sometimes!!

:whistling:-_-

This is really good news, i know a few people who would love to go to this no matter where it is in the UK.

i would be happy to meet any of the people from the shows and films , and support characters like:

Casey Biggs

Marc Alaimo

Kirstie Alley

LeVar Burton

Jonathan Frakes

Diana Muldaur

Wil Wheaton

Gates McFadden

Scott Bakula

Jolene Blalock

John Billingsley

Rene Auberjonois

Nicole deBoer

Terry Farrell

Colm Meaney

Cirroc Lofton

Armin Shimerman

Max Grodenchik

Aron Eisenberg

Jeffrey Combs

Anyone from the new film

And also any CREATIVE STAFF ( as a graphic designer Mike Okuda would be great)

a nice in joke!!

:P:D

Well....there is always

'Get A Life'

:D

1 of 2

Rather live in the ST world with little conflict - no money and no money issues (unless you are ferengi!!) - human and aliens live in peace - exploring the galaxy and seeing new things.

Sounds good to me!!!

:borg::dance:

And don't forget the self-cleaning ship. I'd love to live in a self-cleaning house (or even have enough money to pay someone to clean it for me!). B)

a nice in joke!!

:P:D

Well....there is always

'Get A Life'

1 of 2

Sounds good to me!!!

:borg::spidy:

And don't forget the self-cleaning ship. I'd love to live in a self-cleaning house (or even have enough money to pay someone to clean it for me!). :D

That would also be great :D

My other half does a fantastic job at our home and he also loves ST - perfect match :o

How about the replicators - what ever you want to eat and when ever you want to eat it - with no cooking and washing up!!! I could live with that!!! :D

Edited by 7 of 9

Sounds good to me!!!

And don't forget the self-cleaning ship. I'd love to live in a self-cleaning house (or even have enough money to pay someone to clean it for me!). :D

That would also be great :D

My other half does a fantastic job at our home and he also loves ST - perfect match :o

How about the replicators - what ever you want to eat and when ever you want to eat it - with no cooking and washing up!!! I could live with that!!! :D

All sounds good to me. Add in transporters and holodecks.

Lots of people from Deep Space Nine please.

Have to agree - DS9 was the best Star Trek series, would like to add to the stars I have already met, would like to see;

Jeffrey Combs, Marc Alaimo, Nana Visitor, Nicole De Boer, Alexander Siddag, Armin Shimmerman, Loise Fletcher, Terry Farrell, Cirroc Lofton, James Darren, JG Hertlzer, Robert O'Reilly.

Come on showmasters, go for it.............

Sounds good to me Dwarf babe!!!!!

Star Trek: The Undiscovered Convention - its trials and tribbulations - Boldly going where no con has gone before :borg:

OK, that's the name sorted. Now we just need a venue, dates and a few guests. :blink:

Yes we do Dwarf babe - let boldly go where no Star Trek convention has gone before!!

:blink::YAHOO:

Any news as to when this event will happen?

I can't keep waiting like this, I might suddenly break out into song again

Uh oh! Singing leads to chanting and then to countless quotes and we don't want that to happen.

Come on SM, ahead warp factor nine ...... engage.

Oh no, looks like the quotes started first. :WINCE:

Any news as to when this event will happen?

I can't keep waiting like this, I might suddenly break out into song again

Uh oh! Singing leads to chanting and then to countless quotes and we don't want that to happen.

Come on SM, ahead warp factor nine ...... engage.

Oh no, looks like the quotes started first. :YAHOO:

After disengaging the station locking ring - lets 'punch it in'

• 3 weeks later...

Yes! A big Trek con would definately be a hit, sorely needed in the UK, they have so many in US and other countries in Europe.

Ever popular guests like Marina Sirtis, Kate Mulgrew, Brent Spiner would be great. And rarer guests like Diana Muldaur, Wil Wheaton, Whoopi Goldberg, Michelle Forbes, Suzie Plakston would be cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the guests who I'd most like to meet at a Trek event:

Wil Wheaton

Whoopie Goldberg

Rosalind Chao

Michelle Forbes

Diana Muldaur

Cirroc Lofton

James Darren

Jeri Ryan

Jennifer Lien

Garrett Wang

Jolene Blalock

Kirstie Alley

Christopher Plummer

Malcolm McDowell

If you can get any of them I'll be very happy!

• 4 weeks later...

I have the latter; not because I'm too lazy to do my own housework but because both my partner and I work full-time+, and neither of us want to spend our free time doing chores. A self-cleaning house would be fab but I'd miss my cleaner's quirks... although granted, I'd then be able to find things!

What I'd absolutely love however (apart from a holodeck and a replicator of course!), is a site-to-site transporter which was capable of beaming me from the sofa when I fall asleep on it, to being snuggled up in bed! :(

Am loving the names for the cons; I think 'Hailing Frequencies Open' is my favourite so far! As for guests - to be honest I wouldn't mind who they were but my absolute dream guests would be Jonathan Frakes and Brent Spiner. If I could be greedy, I'd love Chris Pine and William Shatner too, especially on stage together; I was so impressed with CP's Shatnerisms in the new film. He got him perfectly!

And since this is probably going to be the only place I can use this smiley.... :WINCE: Heheh!