This show needs the wow factor like last year!

At last years event there was John Hurt, Christopher Lloyd, Pete Postlethwaite, Charles Dance, Brad Dourf, Karen Allen and all the other Indiana Jones guests. That's just off the top of my head! Such amazing guests!

At this years event the only great guest I feel so far is Edward Furlong. We need some more great guests to beat last years event!!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Well, that's just personal opinion really.

Edward Furlong has done an event over here before, so he's probably not a 'great' guest for some people.

I'd call Scott Bakula the standout guest of the lineup, but again it's personal opinion.

I think the lineup is solid but I would like a few more rarer film ones. That'd get it shaping up nicely.

Yeah, I have to agree that it comes down to personal opinion. If I was to attend this event, the massive guest for me would be Eve Myles as she plays one of the main characters in Torchwood and was also a main character in an episode of Doctor Who. I'd love to meet Eve Myles, fingers crossed she comes to a Manchester event sometime in the not so distant future. I hope you all have a good time at the LFCC this year, I'm sure it'll be great. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

Yeah it's all down to personal opinion. Not going to be an expensive con which is really a good thing as I spent loads at C15 and Collectormania Midlands/Autographica!

It would be nice for a few more film guests though as that's what's really lacking in my opinion.

Scott is the major wow factor for me at this show

but i'am also looking forward to Danny Trejo, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Chris Sarandon and Jessalyn Gilsig

would love showmasters to add a few more WOW's to the line up

the dude :D

There aren't many guests this year that appeal to me yet, and not the factor of I have to meet that guest. Again this is just personal opinion. I'm unsure as to whether to go at this precise moment. I'm going to wait and see if anyone else gets announced before making any decision.

As embarrassing as it may sound, when Scott Bakula was announced the first word that came to mind was who? :YAHOO:

I have done many Showmasters events. This is the first show that doesn't appeal to me wanting to get anyone.

Hopefully there will be a few announcements that will change my mind. It is my birthday on the Sunday and I'm hoping that someone will be announced. So that I can treat myself.

i'm gonna meet 4 so far. Remember it's all down to person taste. Scott Bakula is the major draw as there is a chance he won't come back as he doesn't really do these sort of things. He is a must, so is Michael Ironside for the same reasons.

To me personally this has always got the wow factor as it gets great guests and long may ir continue.

There's nobody I desperately want to see either. I'm still not sure whether I'm going or not. If I was going I'd see Jewel, Sendhil and Jessalyn, but I've already seen them numerous times so none of them are a massive draw in themselves.

Without a doubt it's all a matter of opinion. For example, I couldn't care less about any of the Twilight guests, whereas some people on here might spontaneously combust when they meet them!

For me, Ironside and Boxleitner (I missed them both last time), and Sarandon, are the main draws - but they won't mean anything to a lot of the younger attendees. It's all 'horses for courses' at the end of the day.

i agree it is a matter of what each person is in to.

I'll be there on Saturday - there are at least 7 to 10 autos i can get (more announcements would be nice)

each to there own

the dude :(

I've got 8 people I definately plan to meet so far - and I quite like it like this, as it means I won't be rushed over the weekend and won't spend too much (although I'm already going to be spending a lot!). It's already got a wow factor for me as it has plenty of people I'd love to meet and am looking forward to! But I won't complain if they get more guests I'd like to see :(

Edited by lizzy88

Well, that's just personal opinion really.

I think the lineup is solid but I would like a few more rarer film ones. That'd get it shaping up nicely.

I completely agree - the line up is pretty damn good - i'm meeting about 15 people or so, but there are no real rare film guests like Christopher Lloyd, John Hurt or John Landis like last year.

Also, wheres our Goonie for this show?? :(

Showmasters, its your own fault for making us expect so much from you - as last years LFCC guest line-up was so amazing, we now know what you are capable of doing!!

I think we still need at least one more major classic movie guest.

Edited by keithporter23