William Shatner

Howie

When you say Lucas has treated them badly, what exactly do you mean? He gave Baker some work in the prequels, which he didn't have to do. As for Prowse, put yourself in Lucas's shoes- under those circumstances, I would have snubbed him as well. I'm sure he regrets it, but Lucas doesn't strike me as being someone with a forgiving nature.

I spoke to Kenny in Blackpool in 2007 and he said Lucas was pretty ignorant throughout the prequels and the premieres.

As for Lucas and Prowse he was pretty forgiving towards Ewan McGregor after he slated TPM almost immediatley after its release.If your one of the main cast you get all the invites to the big SW bashes with Lucas but if you are a supporting actor who isnt Daniels it appears you can forget it.

As for the Ray Park subject Count Fooku would you believe i left that comment for you to come back with and as you didnt i deleted the subject from the post........so there!

Edited by Phantom

I met Shatner Sunday morning, it was a long open queue, I think a lot of people got pee'd because JCB was ordering staff "No photo's", even when they were in the queue.

For my 30 seconds I got autograph, eye contact and smile, a polite thank you for coming and quick handshake. I wasn't expecting anything else and never do, I won't forget it, but for the right reasons.

Being a child of the 60's I grew up watching these people every week, and still watch the re runs.

a quick handshake, as if, i was talking to one of the crew that day and i did not see shatner shake anyones hand or even look up at anyone. he was signing like a man on speed. well like i said i got a copy of his new book which i want signed, so please showmasters, i hope its time for his return.

As for Lucas and Prowse he was pretty forgiving towards Ewan McGregor after he slated TPM almost immediatley after its release.

Well, I would imagine the difference is that Ewan McGregor couldn't be recast. And it wasn't the first time - Harrison Ford slagged off Lucas's dialogue, as did Alec Guiness.

Sure he may be up his own ar5e as are a lot of "luvvies" but he was fine with me.

I think there is someone on here who assisted him last year who said he was a nice enough chap to be around.Ive heard tales of how he treated Kenny Baker first hand and i believe them but you cant get on with everyone,i have people in my working life who i cant stand as im sure you do too.

Daniels isnt the only bad apple in the SW universe when it comes to Baker and Prowse,George Lucas has treated them both equally appalling particularly Dave Prowse.Sure hes behind a mask and was dubbed but the physical embodiment of Vader plays a large part of why the OT is what it is.I know he shot his mouth off with the "i am your father" reveal way back when but the way he was snubbed after is equally ****worthy.

Regarding Daniels, people like him annoy me. He's known for one role.

I think you've embarrased yourself there Mike, clearly he is equally famous for his one off appearance as Colonel Donald Humphries in Holby City, bet you feel a bit foolish now you've remembered that acting tour de force from him!

Was fine with me at MK last time, wasnt rude at all. But I did meet him early in the moring when he had an open queue.

And he charged the same as Nimoy is charging this time. So he wasnt charging 'more than any other guest', just at that con he was the biggest name and they usually charge �25

I wouldnt meet him again for an auto as I already have one. But if he did a photoshoot on the sunday I might be pursuaded to do it.

Totally agree with the above comments. I too met him not long after he had arrived at MK last time and whilst JCB was a little excitable in trying to move things along, I found Mr Shatner himself to be rushed (not surprising given the number in the queue at that time) but nevertheless pleasant. I thanked him for coming which he acknowledged and shook my hand. I walked away happy having achieved far more than I expected and a great deal more than I have subsequently achieved with lesser celebrities.

It would be fantastic if he could attend again with Leonard Nimoy but if not, let's keep hoping for some future event.

A little concerned at Indio's dismissive comment above in response to someone who experienced similar treatment as myself. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen - get over it.

Edited by Niallsdad

Harrison Ford slagged off Lucas's dialogue, as did Alec Guiness.

You mean Harry's famous(?) quote, "You can write this s***, George, but you can't say it." And wasn't Guiness kinda parodied in Galaxy Quest by Alan Rickman, "I wont say those awful lines again! I played Richard III!"

the crew members said to me that he wouldent shake hands with anyone. so niallsdad is wishful thinking.

No need to 'dream on' as you so eloquently state nor are my comments based on wishful thinking but just evidence that a little politeness can go a long way and to suggest that Mr Shatner was not the ogre many people seem intent to make him out to be. I was fortunate enough to enjoy a positive response, I accept others may not have been so fortunate and to that end I sympathise with them that the meeting may not have lived up to their expectation.

I do not know you and fail to understand why you have chosen to challenge my earlier statement. For whatever reason, in providing your sarcastic and ill-formed response, you have deliberately attempted to cast doubt on my own comments as well as those of at least one other forum member. For my part, I have nothing to gain by either exaggerating the situation or presenting falsehoods and as such, would be grateful if you did not make derogatory remarks concerning my integrity unless you are able to support them with something far more substantial than the alleged and seemingly generalised comments which a crew member may or may not have made in respect of the entire weekend Mr Shatner was present.

As far as I am aware, this forum provides an opportunity for members to discuss events and share their experiences in meeting guests. It should not be seen as an opportunity for you to throw insulting and ill-founded comments every time you disagree with the content of a particular post.

the crew member was there all weekend and when asked julie caitlen brown about it she said bill does not shake hands so that is that. as i said before whenever a guest has been rude you always get one come in and say, well he was fine with me, besides i dont know why your so touchy over something so petty. its not as if he asked you to star in his new movie or something.

the crew members said to me that he wouldent shake hands with anyone. so niallsdad is wishful thinking.

No need to 'dream on' as you so eloquently state nor are my comments based on wishful thinking but just evidence that a little politeness can go a long way and to suggest that Mr Shatner was not the ogre many people seem intent to make him out to be. I was fortunate enough to enjoy a positive response, I accept others may not have been so fortunate and to that end I sympathise with them that the meeting may not have lived up to their expectation.

I do not know you and fail to understand why you have chosen to challenge my earlier statement. For whatever reason, in providing your sarcastic and ill-formed response, you have deliberately attempted to cast doubt on my own comments as well as those of at least one other forum member. For my part, I have nothing to gain by either exaggerating the situation or presenting falsehoods and as such, would be grateful if you did not make derogatory remarks concerning my integrity unless you are able to support them with something far more substantial than the alleged and seemingly generalised comments which a crew member may or may not have made in respect of the entire weekend Mr Shatner was present.

As far as I am aware, this forum provides an opportunity for members to discuss events and share their experiences in meeting guests. It should not be seen as an opportunity for you to throw insulting and ill-founded comments every time you disagree with the content of a particular post.

however if i came across as SARCASTIC if nothing else then i apologise.

Harrison Ford slagged off Lucas's dialogue, as did Alec Guiness.

You mean Harry's famous(?) quote, "You can write this s***, George, but you can't say it." And wasn't Guiness kinda parodied in Galaxy Quest by Alan Rickman, "I wont say those awful lines again! I played Richard III!"

Exactly right! And to be fair, Lucas couldn't write dialog if his life depended on it. I remember watching Attack Of The Clones, and Natalie Portman actually looked embarassed delivering some of what Guiness would have called Lucas's "banal" lines. It was terrible. it was the sort of tripe that you might expect from a love letter written by a 13 year old. Absolutely terrible. It's easy for people to forget, but Empire was Empire because of numerous script touchups, rewriting Lucas's horrifically laughable dialog.

the crew member was there all weekend and when asked julie caitlen brown about it she said bill does not shake hands so that is that. as i said before whenever a guest has been rude you always get one come in and say, well he was fine with me, besides i dont know why your so touchy over something so petty. its not as if he asked you to star in his new movie or something.

I do not consider it petty when an individual's integrity is openly challenged on a public forum and have strong issues when such challenge is made on the strength of nothing more substantial than sweeping third party generalisations. Nevertheless, I have no wish to prolong this particular thread. Your apology is accepted.

Well, I would imagine the difference is that Ewan McGregor couldn't be recast. And it wasn't the first time - Harrison Ford slagged off Lucas's dialogue, as did Alec Guiness.

Yeah but Ford was just ribbing Lucas sure he thought the dialogue was lame but he was never nasty.

Mcgregor was pretty severe with his dislike for TPM.There were a lot of news stories that McGgregor was chastised by Lucas after his vocal disaproval and you just know he would have bailed had he not signed for 2 more flicks upfront.Liam Neeson even said he felt like retiring after his experiance on TPM and who can forget the look on Ben Burtts face in THE BEGINING documentary after seeing the final cut......priceless.

As for this whole Shatner debate if someone stood there for two days and watched Shatner like a hawk by all means you can rubbish folks claims that he was pleasant towards them.Why would people lie? You always get conflicting stories about how some guests are with people.I dont know what this guys problem is.

Edited by Phantom

I thought Mr Shatner was fine. I understand that he has hearing dificulties too. He smiled, shook my hand and thanked me to coming to see him. So no complaints here. I'd welcome him back.

Liar liar, pants on fire - he did not look at you and would not even consider touching you, so there ^_^

In fact all of us who had eye/physical contact are obviously delusional and should be locked up and force fed bran flakes until we come to our senses.

I was wondering, if there are people on here lying about how the guests treated them so nicely (If thats what you think), whats to say that people arn't lying about the guests being rude to them? ^_^

Indio whats to say that we (like you seem to think) arn't the ones lying about how the guests treated us so nicely but your lying about how rude he was too you?

:D

LLAP :WINCE:

• Showmasters Admin

Can we please stop all the personal comments, be in about each other or about an actor.

Explaining you didn't have a great meeting with a guest and giving the factual details is fine. But lets please stop the name calling!

Can we please stop all the personal comments, be in about each other or about an actor.

Explaining you didn't have a great meeting with a guest and giving the factual details is fine. But lets please stop the name calling!

I realize that it is hard to keep quiet when someone starts the whole discussion again, but can you guys please keep to that?

I am going to delete the last couple of posts now.