Latest Guest Announcement - Nicholas Parsons

showmasters

Well, he was first and foremost an actor. He appeared in a number of British films in the fifties and sixties (Carry On Regardless, Murduer Ahoy, The Wrong Box, Doctor in Live, Carlton-Browne of the FO, Too Many Crooks etc etc etc). So before he became best known as a presenter/game show host he had an important role in the golden era of British comedy cinema.

He was also in a Doctor Who story in the eighties, as well as being a stooge to Benny Hill in the seventies.

So he could appeal to a lot of people. But he will get very frustrated if all he sees all day is Carry On...

He is a UK comedy treasure whos worked with the greats of british comedy and there are not many of those left.

One mans Q is anothers Nicholas Parsons and the guy has constantly been on tv as long as i can remember in fact he was on last night with Portillo and Andrew Neill on the politics show.

I think hes a good guest,has lasted the course and probably more suited to AUTOGRAPHICA but he has been in Doctor Who and how many guests have appeared with lesser credentials than that?

Edited by Phantom

I primarily know him for Doctor Who - The Curse of Fenric, which was a fantastic story. I'm looking forward to getting my DVD signed.

Don't describe his performance to his face as a "supporting role". It's a starring role as far as he's concerned.

I like seeing guests like this at these events, not someone i would meet personally but im aware of the work he has done.

i would say though he is the sort of guest that would have benefitted more from when the show was in the shopping centre as passers by who may not be fully aware of the show would likely pay to meet him if they saw him. just a thought mind you...

And as we always say - if you're not interested in someone, just don't post in their guest announcement topic please.

It's for those who are interested in the guests, and there are plenty of other topics for discussing the lineup etc. Make your requests there and comment on whatever you want.

Thank you.

spot on

:blink::D

• Showmasters Admin

He was in The Comic Strip Presents........Mr Jolly Lives Next Door, one of the funniest things to ever appear on UK TV!!!!

Legend!!!!

AND THATS WHY I WANT TO MEET HIM

ITS FXXXXXG "Nicholas Parsons" AS Adrian Edmondson SAID IN Mr Jolly Lives Next Door

SO FUNNY :D

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS FILM GO OUT AND JUST BUY IT

ITS SO WRONG

JASON :blink:

Those were great years for The Benny Hill Show during the early 70's. Nicholas Parsons played an important part during the early years.

Good guest announcement, although I would have thought he would be more suited to Autographica.

Will meet him if hes got Curse of Fenric pictures. He was brilliant in that!

I started watching Doctor Who regularly when the last Sylvester McCoy series of the old Doctor Who series was shown. The Curse of Fenric was one of the best stories.

He was in The Comic Strip Presents........Mr Jolly Lives Next Door, one of the funniest things to ever appear on UK TV!!!!

Legend!!!!

ITS FXXXXXG "Nicholas Parsons" AS Adrian Edmondson SAID IN Mr Jolly Lives Next Door

SO FUNNY ;)

ITS SO WRONG

JASON :P

It is a production of minor genius - absolutely brilliant.

As to buying it, you can pick up used VHS versions, but if you want it on DVD then you'll need to buy

"Comic Strip Presents - Complete Collection" (which is a jolly good thing :D )

Legend!!!!

SO FUNNY ;)

ITS SO WRONG

JASON :P

It is a production of minor genius - absolutely brilliant.

As to buying it, you can pick up used VHS versions, but if you want it on DVD then you'll need to buy

"Comic Strip Presents - Complete Collection" (which is a jolly good thing :D )

Agreed - Mr Jolly was THE top comedy for me and my mates at that time!

I hope Jason wasn't asked to "take out Nicholas Parsons" :D

This thread has just made me trawl through the VHS tapes that survived the great DVD cull looking for my original Mr Jolly tape - it's still there and is so getting signed!!!!!