Discussion about the new venue

Lizzy

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no so it is true :P I like it at the shops! Can wonder around in spare time or grab lunch easily! Bum and I bet it won't be free entry anymore... thats really bad news to me :P CM has a tried and tested and successful formula! I spose less crowding will be good... but it won't be the same :(

Oh no so it is true :P I like it at the shops! Can wonder around in spare time or grab lunch easily! Bum and I bet it won't be free entry anymore... thats really bad news to me :P CM has a tried and tested and successful formula! I spose less crowding will be good... but it won't be the same :(

Amen, that's the biggest bonus about the MK centre (apart from being free entry) is that you can do your bit and get your sigs then take a break.... have a wander around the shops for a bit then go back to the stalls

Well i believe that the new MK Don's stadium is right next to an ASDA? Can anyone confirm this? At least if it is at the stadium and you have to pay to get in, you want have loads of people crowding round just to look at the guest. . . does anybody agree with me on this one? I don't mind paying an entrance fee if it cuts down on the crowds and makes it easier to see a guest and a lot easier to walk around without people bumping in to you who don't actually want to see any guests...

Mark

Yea but the thing is, we've got Glasgow, LFCC, Midlands and Manchester for that... as well as a few non-SM events... the whole point is that CM is special being so different. Move it to a stadium and its just another show...

Yea but the thing is, we've got Glasgow, LFCC, Midlands and Manchester for that... as well as a few non-SM events... the whole point is that CM is special being so different. Move it to a stadium and its just another show...

I understand where you are coming from but for someone like myself who can't go to any other events apart from Collectormania, it's just the same as long as we get to meet the guests. I think this debait could be positive, neutral and negative to different people.

Im not fused either way what happens as its still a brilliant event and i will always continue to support it and carry on going to the shows.

Well if it's true about the move, then I for one won't be attending any more MK shows. The whole fun of the event was that it was free, and you could browse around the stalls even if you didn't particularly want to meet any guests. And you could make a day of it, with all the shops, the market and the rest of MK to explore.

As long as the entry fee is resonable I don't mind paying it. The crowds i the Centre are absolute HELL, especially when there's a big name (like John Barrowman back in May) so I wouldn't regret handing £5-£10 over to showmasters if it means avoiding the utter nightmare of hanger-on gawpers trying to get something for nothing when the rest of us are honest customers.

What I'm worried about is how easy the new venue will be to get to from MK train station? The one good thing about the Centre is how near it is and how simple it is to get to. I'd hate to have to waste loads of money paying for cabs to and from.

I wonder why Showmasters are changing a formula that has proved to work very well for years now. Of course there was no place for increasing but was there really a need to increase ? This Collectormania had *only* around 30 guests while the previous ones were more like 40 guests or sometimes more.

As if I will attend the next one, it will obviously depend first on the guest list but the fact that every thing will have to be thought again (hotel, car park, probably an entry fee, etc...) will not help for sure. Wait & see.

I've been told it'll still be free entry and there are buses from train station to it. But no hotels in the area at all...

And I've been told they've done it cos the centre doesn't want them to expand more into the wings...

I've been told it'll still be free entry and there are buses from train station to it. But no hotels in the area at all...

And I've been told they've done it cos the centre doesn't want them to expand more into the wings...

Expand ... that's what I meant in my previous post, not increase :P:P

I'm also concerned by the lack of hotels in the surroundings of that new place

Expand ... that's what I meant in my previous post, not increase :P:P

I'm also concerned by the lack of hotels in the surroundings of that new place

Im sure SM will come up with something... they always have something up their sleeve! And if they have thought about this, they wouldn't do it without thinking about that factor as its the people walking through the door which they rely on.

If I was to go to Collectormania again, it would only be if it was free. The autographs, accommodation, food and other extras are expensive enough without having an entry fee as well. Free entry together with shopping opportunities has always been the attraction of this event over the others. And I like the crowds - it adds atmosphere :P

i dont see what the fuss is about with the entree fee it will be the same as the others £10 before 11am £5 after (just a prediction on the prices) but would people really stop going and miss out on a guest they want to meet just because they dont want to spend a little extra which will cut down on the everyday shoppers getting in the way, more guests(possiable bigger guests on level with lfcc)

ps. amanda tapping great first guest

i dont see what the fuss is about with the entree fee it will be the same as the others £10 before 11am £5 after (just a prediction on the prices) but would people really stop going and miss out on a guest they want to meet just because they dont want to spend a little extra which will cut down on the everyday shoppers getting in the way, more guests(possiable bigger guests on level with lfcc)

ps. amanda tapping great first guest

Posted above that it is still free

I'm very sad about it not being in the shopping centre in future, because as others have said, it gives you options when you're not queuing for photos or autographs, and I like the choice of places to eat etc, plus the fact that it's walking distance from many of the hotels.

However, I see a good reason for moving it, and that is security. Anyone that was there last time when John Barrowman appeared will know how mad the crowds got, with John not being able to move, people blocking his route, crowding the green room etc. If we want to have 'bigger' guests then it needs to be more secure and there's just no way to control the crowds in a shopping centre, so I'm hoping that the new venue will mean that we're able to get many of the guests that just werent suitable to have at the centre.

No free parking and no hotels nearby the new venue is a problem though as that adds to the costs of attending, even if it's free entrance.

Edited by jael001