Guests days and prices for c14 "updated 22nd Sep"

showmasters

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some idiot pointed out it was unfair he (Levar Burton) was £15 and Jon Frakes was £20- so they pushed Levar up to £20!

That's just stupid if someone cant see why Frakes is obviously worth more at £20 than Levar Burton at £15 - Ryker is Picard's "No. 1" after all on the show and has directed two of the ST films in addition to Clockstoppers and Thunderbirds.

I'd rank them in this order, with what I would deem a worthy price : -

Patrick Stewart (certainly a rank apart - in this context, he's certainly justified as £25)

Jonathan Frakes (North and South, after Trek mildly successful Director - he did the Librarian too - £20)

Levar Burton (several other high profile roles, film and TV, both before and after Trek - £20)

Brent Spiner (as above - £20)

Marina Sirtis (ok a couple of films before, but nothing really since Trek - £15)

Gates McFadden (Muppets before, nothing since Trek - £15)

Michael Dorn (Jack sh*t before or since - £15 at best)

I guess the logic is, people want cast shots with everyone on them (I've got one too, everyone collected now) - and consequently Dorn 'can' charge £20 because people will pay it. I think it's a bit of a cheek, but if people will pay it, I guess we can't fault him for charging it.

Edited by showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

i do not know were you all get the idea of prices from so let me try to explain how we get the prices

OK the agents for guests all talk to each other for a start

Next, in this case they are all bridge crew and got paid a similar fee at the time the show was made

The Captan being the star of the show will command more money and did at the time of filming

next, guests ask for flights to get them to the shows, some guest do not need a 1st class flight and others do, its down to each guest, but as some need it, this costs around $10,000 for a 1st class flight this all make a difference in the cost of a guest, hence some cost more for there autos to help recoup the cost of a guest

one last thing Marina lives over here some of the time which means no flights so that is why she is £15.00 an auto

i hope this helps to explain why guests are different prices

jason ;)

some idiot pointed out it was unfair he (Levar Burton) was £15 and Jon Frakes was £20- so they pushed Levar up to £20!

That's just stupid if someone cant see why Frakes is obviously worth more at £20 than Levar Burton at £15 - Ryker is Picard's "No. 1" after all on the show and has directed two of the ST films in addition to Clockstoppers and Thunderbirds.

I'd rank them in this order, with what I would deem a worthy price : -

Patrick Stewart (certainly a rank apart - in this context, he's certainly justified as £25)

Jonathan Frakes (North and South, after Trek mildly successful Director - he did the Librarian too - £20)

Levar Burton (several other high profile roles, film and TV, both before and after Trek - £20)

Brent Spiner (as above - £20)

Marina Sirtis (ok a couple of films before, but nothing really since Trek - £15)

Gates McFadden (Muppets before, nothing since Trek - £15)

Michael Dorn (Jack sh*t before or since - £15 at best)

I guess the logic is, people want cast shots with everyone on them (I've got one too, everyone collected now) - and consequently Dorn 'can' charge £20 because people will pay it. I think it's a bit of a cheek, but if people will pay it, I guess we can't fault him for charging it.

i would also like to point out that the last time Michael was over here which was 4 years ago he was £20 at that time, and the same for Gates £20 two years ago also,so i do not know quite were you get your prices from but they are the same as they have been

i just thought this may be of interest

jason :P

Thanks for the list! I think I can just about afford the £15 for M.C Gainey and another £15 for Amber Benson... ;)

Same! they are both the main guests im going for, although depending on money and time i might get mercedez

woo woo cant wait

do you know what day it is usually the quietest ive never been to a collectormania before only lfacc :)

Yeah but thundebirds should of pushed him down to £15, as much as I love the guy and think he rocks lol

God that film is awful, how could they do that to thunderbirds.

Anyway all good SM, be meeting everyone I want to.

LOL :D

Michael Rosenbaum is gona be there Fri/Sat and Sunday.....????

Yes Michael is scheduled to be there all 3 days.

Or not...

Indeed. I did almost add "at the moment!" at the end of that statement.

It would have been too good to be true..But in all fairness Sat/Sunday does me just fine(3 Days of Rosenbaum and my head may explode)..... :D

Thanks for the update!