and the award for best guest goes too?

dijon1322

All the guests i met were great but if I had to pick a favourite it would be David Warner - i've been a fan for ages and he did not disappoint.

I chatted to him about a series he did in the 80's "Hold the Back Page" which he said no-one had mentioned all day and told me just how much he'd enjoyed making it. He seemed to be enjoying himself and I got a great photo with him too. Really nice guy.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for me it has to be a toss up between John Hurt and John Landis. Hurt was a real nice guy considering how mega busy he ws ALL day. I didnt get to meet him until around 2ish and he was a real joy :unsure: . Landis was great also and we had a little chat about American Werewolf as it's one of my fave films of all time. I'm sure he's had to endure the same monotonous little chat a hundredfold with many other fans but he was very enthusiastic.

Top,Top blokes :D

The ones who stood out most for me were Georgia Moffet who I had quite a chat with (my friends told me after they thought we'd never stop yapping heh) and told about the forums and the support she had to bring her to an event, so who knows, she may be reading our posts :unsure:

Also Pete Postlewaith (still cant spell his surname), Alexander Siddig and Claudia black.

Claudia Black made me so happy :D For some reason I was expecting a bit of a diva but she was fabulous! So sweet and down to earth, so friendly, and she seems very interested in what I (and others that I saw) had to say. I was made up after getting my photo signed by her :D

Claudia is truly wonderful human being :smile: She said she remembered me from another con here in UK back in 2002 :D And yes, she LISTENS to what everybody has to say. This is great :smile:

So my award goes to Claudia Black of course :D

Edited by Kalliope

-David Anders, always nice and funny, though on saturday he was so late and surely very tired and jet-lagged. Plus he recognised me from 'Eclipse' and remembered my name! :D

And all the other guests i met were just absolutely nice:

-John Hurt, a true gentleman

-Christopher Lloyd, very nice in the photoshoot (saying that i was lovely :D ) but not answering me while signing (beautiful signature btw..) only when handing me back the picture, he spoke to me...That made me think he maybe had troubles to hear?

-Claudia Black who said and wrote some words in french when she noticed i was from France.

-Brad Dourif too, but he scares me...I don't know why, as soon as i noticed him in neighbours' lines, i was kind of afraid ???

Weird thing!

Plus he kept vanishing each time i was trying to get his autograph, and i had to get my photoshoot with him with my Amidala costume on because it was at the same time as the record breaking!

I felt so awkward and silly, though he said something nice when seeing me in those clothes, with those scary eyes :smile:

I kind of run away just after the flash :D

I know he's very nice and all but ...scary :D

-Jason Mewes: we joked , the guy was funny !

Karen Allen : her smile is legend now! Very nice lady to meet at the photoshoot, but i FORGOT to get my autograph from her (though i had a number 50 ticket!) I can't believe it :smile:

All in all, the BEST signing event i ever went to!

The big SPACE was great, very important, giving air and an impression of a not-so-crowdy event!

Everyone was fantastic, thanks again SMs!

For me, the best moment was with Brad Dourif! Chatty, nice, listening to what I told him... And i've been a fan of his for so long!!! Really awesome!!!! :D

The second best moment was with David Warner. Awesome!

But most people were nice anyway...

I met -

Paul Freeman, Karen Allen, John Hurt, Pete Postlethwaite, John Landis, Jason Mewes, Christopher Lloyd, Patrick Stewart, Charles Dance, David Warner and Udo Kier.

I HONESTLY can't pick a fave from that. John Landis was the first one I met, and he was awesome! I spoke about Trading Places with him, legend :(

I was expecting a really rushed meeting with Patrick, but he asked how I was, said hello and goodbye and looked at me. All very normal things I know, but I wasn't expecting it :(

Charles Dance was awesome :P

I spoke to John Hurt the most, as it's like talking to family, when you talk to him! :wub:

Jason Mewes, having been a fan of his for a long time, totally lived up to my expectations! GET HIM BACK!

EVERYONE WAS FANTASTIC!

-Brad Dourif too, but he scares me...I don't know why

OMG- same here! Its cos he plays scary characters lol :angel: He was really nice to me though and had a long chat.. so hes scary but nice :P

Sunday my first port of call was Dave Anders photo shoot, he was super stoked at my Portland Trailblazers basketball jersey and was a but chatty, typically Dave. That carried on at the autograph table to where he signed my pic, "paul, portland rules". Great guy, really cool.

I remember you from the photoshoot i was with him getting my picture when he spotted you and your jersey lol it made me laugh how excited he got

I honestly can't pick a favourite all the guests were brilliant and so friendly

Paul Freeman i had a great chat and Charlie Weber as well who semmed so happy to be there. Christian was shy but lovely, Karen was lovely and her smile was infectious. John Hurt was lovely and wrote quite a lot on my autograph and i loved how he signed it olivander then john hurt in brackets. Brad Dourif was lovely and when he was talking i kept being reminded of the chucky doll. Patrick Stewart's auto i will treasure as he wrote happy birthday on it which was amazing. All in all every guest i met was lovely and i couldn't have wished for a better birthday weekend. Stand out guests though were probably Brad Dourif and Charlie Weber

Edited by cookies41

-Brad Dourif too, but he scares me...I don't know why

OMG- same here! Its cos he plays scary characters lol :D He was really nice to me though and had a long chat.. so hes scary but nice ;)

Haha and for me, all I can think is 'It's Chucky ahhhhhh'.lol