What's the most signatures you will get from one LFACC guest ?

dufresne

3 From James Marsters, on a Smallville, Buffy and Angel dvd set[but I plan on getting his on the other Buffy sets, Angel S2 and Smallville S6 set. Cause even though it's from the same series it's a completely different box, which will have different sigs on it, depending on if an actor only guested in one season then they would only sign that specific season. So all the differing sets won't have the exact same sigs.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people here mentioned getting 15 for one person, and you're having a go at me?:help:

No, not having a go, just wondering why people desire so many solo sigs from the same person. The question is open to everyone. That other persosn I did ask but they didnt reply - you did though :YAHOO:

Edited by nicky

I got 5 from Bruce Campbell back at Midlands

* Signed 10 x 8

* Signed Evil Dead Poster

* Signed Evil Dead DVD

* Got him to sign the base of my Sideshow Ash statue

* And got him to sign the photoshoot picture... I had a spare £20 so thought one more wouldn't hurt!!

I'm not interested in resale or anything like that, so it's rare that I'd get more than one auto.

If I want a sig of a certain person who I like in many roles I am more likely to get an A2 montage printed which can look really good if you, or a friend, can photoshop well and use the full size of the A2 or even A1. It's also original and cheaper than 3+ autos.

The only time I'd get a multiple is if I want a book, multi-person pic or a poster signed as well as an individual pic. I never get dvd's signed becuase firstly my autos are for mainly display and DVD's don't fit well with that as I have 500+ all shelved in genre & alphabetical order so an auto would be lost in that really. I know the same can be said for books and I guess I could be accused of hypocrisy there but a nice plain half of a title page, protected by the book cover, to me just screams out for a neat signature, whereas a complex, dark or just artistic DVD cover may leave an auto obscured or at worst rubbed off or smudged by the way I store my films.

I admit I can't understand why people want up to 15 of the same person. To me that would just be a misuse of my money that could have been spent on 14 unique autos of other people I admire.

But to each their own I guess, if you have the money (or possibly the lack of interest in other individuals / particular obsession with one individual) to buy that many of the same person then fair play.

The most I've ever gotten is 4 which was from Elijah Wood.

1x 8x10 LOTR photo - personalised

1x 8x10 LOTR hobbits group photo

1x DVD LOTR boxset -personalised

1x DVD LOTR boxset - part of collection of autos

I've gotten 3 from quite a few people including Hayden Panettiere, Milo Ventimiglia and Dom Monaghan all from the last LFCC. I like to have at least a couple from the same person as I like to get both a pic and DVD signed.

At LFCC 2 I got three each from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. Got a Spaced and a SotD photo signed by each. I then bought a SotD poster so thought I'd get them to sign that the next day.

I seem to have millions of Andy Serkis autos everywhere, but some of them were free at premieres etc.

I'm not into autographs as such - it's just an opportunity to meet someone, so I'd never get multiple autographs again.

The most I've got in one hit is from Charisma Carpenter where I got 5. Part of the appeal of autographs to me is to have a nice photo of the star signed by them, with Charisma there are hundreds of nice photos of her and it was a struggle narrowing it down to 5. With other people I've got multiples of it has been to cover different areas of my collection, e.g. James Marsters on a Buffy photo, Angel Photo, Torchwood Photo and a photo of him out of character, Tony Head on a Buffy photo, a Doctor Who photo, a Little Britain photo and an out-of-character photo. Some of the Doctor Who guests I first met at C7 where I didn't have a camera, so I have re-met them to get a photo with them.

25 for kenny baker and i'll probably get more than that this time from him as for the question of volume it depends what you collect posters,figures multisigned etc then it depends on the importance of the character these are all for me i am a completist ;)

Just out of interest flinty, why so many? Do you have more than 25 items for your personal collection that you want signing (obv. bringing your total collection to more than 50 just of his auto which is very impressive) or are they for friends/family/resell ?

And to everyone who gets mass multiples, what are the guests reaction when you ask them for so many autos?

this time

john hurt x 2 for elephant man original quad and to add to my alien photo (already have yaphatt kotto and veronica cartright)

charles dance x 2 a 10x8 and a sig in my james bond poster book (tony normund one)

udo kier brad dourif and malcom macdowell for halloween quad + one more for mr mcdowell clockwork orange because it s malcom mcdowell for goodness sake

im more interested in james bond so normally get 2 per guest cause its good to have the 10x8 and a sig on the relevant page in james bond poster book

I can't think who I have got the most from in the past is, as I often only get one per person and occasionally 2...

Think it was Rene Auberjonois. Well we got one and he said he would sign my fiancés mask (with Paramount stamp on, so genuine mask) as he was all in the ODO tux, but it was a bit sweaty inside the mask so we got a photo taken with him then when it was developed we then went back to see him and while getting the photo (taken with him) signed we also got the mask signed for free (which was very unexpected at the time)

:YAHOO:

LLAP :dance:

Just out of interest flinty, why so many? Do you have more than 25 items for your personal collection that you want signing (obv. bringing your total collection to more than 50 just of his auto which is very impressive) or are they for friends/family/resell ?

And to everyone who gets mass multiples, what are the guests reaction when you ask them for so many autos?

Yep, I wanna I know why people do this too. If they are all posters that get signed by other cast members too I can understand cos it is displayed and on a poster with other sigs so its a completion thing...but for a solo sig on an item you'll just shove into a drawer where it's not on display?:o

If you got a sig on a poster, why would you then need it on the DVD...and then another item and then another?

Carrie Fisher x 9

That's £225 all saying the same thing but in differnt places. Do you regret spending that much?

Edited by nicky

Hummm... Usually I get 2 from people if I've not met them before (Group piccie and 8x10)... Chris Kane at another show I got... 5, sort of unexpectedly lol (CD, Guitar pick his band mate gave me, 8x10, Group pic and photo with him)

Um, at a SM show... no, I think the grand number is 2 at a time, then a 3rd the next time if I want to see them again.

yep all for me i don't sell on i do pick up odd bits for other people but this doesn't include that if you think of just posters 1 for each star wars film there goes 6 its quickly mounts up with figures,images and trading cards think how many shots r2 is in with other actors?they make great muli signed

Yep, I wanna I know why people do this too. If they are all posters that get signed by other cast members too I can understand cos it is displayed and on a poster with other sigs so its a completion thing...but for a solo sig on an item you'll just shove into a drawer where it's not on display?:headscratch:

If you got a sig on a poster, why would you then need it on the DVD...and then another item and then another?

Carrie Fisher x 9

That's £225 all saying the same thing but in differnt places. Do you regret spending that much?

you can't really justify it its just something i want to do some people would say why do you want any?i wouldn't understand half the stuff you get autographed because i'm not into that why do people collect anything?just enjoyment really always new images coming out/actors appearing in new things i've seen people getting fruit signed what is the point of that?but obviously it floats their boat :D