R.I.P. Don S. Davis!

Mastersoftheshow

This just in:

"Dear Fans and Friends of Don S. Davis,

So many of you have been touched by not only the work and art of Don S. Davis, but by the man himself, who always took the time to be with you at the appearances he loved, that it is with a tremendous sense of loss I must share with you that Don passed away from a massive heart attack on Sunday morning, June 29th.

On behalf of his family and wife, Ruby, we thank you for your prayers and condolences. A family memorial where Don's ashes will be scattered in the ocean will take place in a few weeks, and should you wish to, please make a donation to the American Heart Association in Don's memory."

Goodbye Don, we met back in 2005 and you were truly a generous person.

• Moderators

A true gentleman from the few times I was lucky enough to get to talk to him.

I'd always just assumed I'd get another chance in the near future. You just never know.

My thoughts to his family. Rest in peace.

From his agent. She sent it a couple of hours ago.

Believe me - sadly enough - it's not a joke.

Damn, I guessed that when I went through your old posts. :yoda::D

Thanks for letting us know. My condolences to his family.

:yoda: I never got the chance to meet him either, shame I/we couldn't have met him at Chevron 7

R.I.P. :D

oh.my.god! Didn't he cancel Chevron? Oh what a shame! I'm not a Stargate fan, but I deff know who he was, so this is a shock to many. :yoda:

Yep, if he'd have made it over, those who went would have been the last few fans probably to ever meet him, makes it even more of a shame he couldnt make it now :D

RIP Don S Davis..he was one of the (stargate) family..

Damn, I guessed that when I went through your old posts. :yoda::D

Thanks for letting us know. My condolences to his family.

There's certain things I don't joke about.

He truly was a great guy. I had dinner with him and the anecdotes he told, the love he had for his wife, it was truly a special moment.

I can't believe that Don S Davis has died ... I'm in total shock!!!! He was a great actor and I loved his work on Stargate - I know he's been in loads of other stuff but I thought he was a great general ...

RIP Don

Condolences to his family

Talk about 2008 being a bad year. He was my favourite SG character. Checked Wiki and it has him listed as passing on June 29th. I can't find it anywhere else. This is a shocker.

Don was a great actor and a great man. I was lucky enough to encounter him at a LFCC and he embodied the courtesy and respect of the old fashioned gentleman that he was. There was a full welcolme from himself and his good lady for every single attendee - many guests (well, a good few at least) take time to talk to us at signings but the wide smile and hearty handshake was somehow unique.

Don - God Speed.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi all

Yes sadly i just looked at my emails and found this from Julie

Don had planed to be at Chevron 7 but got work on the friday so sadly could not attend, he wanted to come the the next event but now that will never be

he was a very interesting man with an amazing past outside of the TV work this is a great loss

rest in peace my friend

Hello, it is with great sadness that I must share with you the passing of Don S. Davis, beloved husband, father, friend and artist, Don had just completed work on a new film and was busy writing a pilot for television when his amazing life came to an end due to a massive heart attack on Sunday, June 29th.

His wife, Ruby Fleming-Davis has asked that you post the following on your websites for his fans:

Dear Fans and Friends of Don S. Davis,

So many of you have been touched by not only the work and art of Don S. Davis, but by the man himself, who always took the time to be with you at the appearances he loved, that it is with a tremendous sense of loss I must share with you that Don passed away from a massive heart attack on Sunday morning, June 29th.

On behalf of his family and wife, Ruby, we thank you for your prayers and condolences. A family memorial where Don's ashes will be scattered in the ocean will take place in a few weeks, and should you wish to, please make a donation to the American Heart Association in Don's memory.

Julie Caitlin Brown

JCA078_Don.jpgstargate_sg1_don_s_davis_int_hammond_9.jpg

As I've already said in the other thread, can't believe it either, such a shock. He was always a joy to meet and believed in sharing that joy with everyone....sweet, courteous, funny, warm and a true gentleman, there wasn't anything not to love bless him. Can't believe we won't have the privilege of seeing his face again :blush:

He'll be so missed...

I heard last night and woke up this morning hoping it was a misunderstanding. The note from JCB throws that last bit of hope out of the window.

I was lucky enough to have met him more than once, including at my first ever convention. A true gentleman, in every sense of the word, unless he was trying to con hugs and kisses out of the female attendees! But even then, no-one minded at all.

Like others said, I always assumed I'd get a chance to meet him again :blush:

RIP Don. We love you.