TALK TIMES & PHOTO OPS TIMES NEW STUFF

showmasters

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooooh Claudia talk *wonders which pit boss I have to give favours to*

:dance:

But anyway, she has a talk on Sat at 2.45-ish. All you have to do is show up with a ticket??

Edited by nicky

dang it, Jason Mewes is doing a talk the same time as I'm doin a SENDHIL RAMAMURTHY Photo shoot. it would have been so much fun listening to him talk about sex, drugs & Rock n Roll or sex, drugs & donkey shows.

Edited by Superman.

Thanks for the schedule change. The only thing that clashes for me now is the Karen Allen photo-shoot and Pete Postlewaite's talk. Not really a complaint since I should be able to do the photo-shoot first then slip into the talk :headscratch:

SATURDAY TALKS

GOODIES TALK----------------------11.00

Photo shoot A

Guest to confirmed----------------11.30

Photoshoot with all three Goodies ?

doubt it the guests in photo shoot A group are usally kept for the ones which will be busy so my guess would be another high profile guest or current popluar guest no offence to the goodies just dont think they would have that drawing power

Many thanks for advice provided by fellow convention goers.

Even better thanks to showmasters for listening to people and rearranging the schedule. :headscratch:

My talk and photoshoot clash has been done away with now and so I'll be able to attend everything I'd like, as long as I pick up tickets, of course!

Just an opinion but I'd imagine that a lot of people may want to attend both the Indy and Aliens talks (both being kind of reunions) and I'd be surprised if John Hurt photoshoot wasn't close to being sold out. I could always be wrong though :chair:

Cheers

I'm a little concerned about how the record attempt is going to be handled. I have spent a lot of money on a costume. But I also bought tickets for the Patrick Stewart talk. I am concerned that the two are exceptionally close to each other. Can you please confirm if registration for the record attempt will take part during the whole day or just after 3pm? Also how long will the photo for the record attempt take?

• Showmasters Admin

For those of you who have photo session and/or paid talk tickets which overlap, or are thinking of going to overlapping photo sessions/talks - come and see us on the organisers booth when you arrive and we can give you some advise on the best way of doing as much as possible. It may mean getting to the quieter photo session as early as possible and to the busier photo session later, or missing the beginning of a talk, but we'll see what we can do!

For those concerned about the record breaking attempt - much of the work will be taking place in the run up to 3pm (registering, changing, congregating for the count, etc) so there shouldn't be any problems. It may be that you won't have time to change back into your regular clothes until after the talk but at least you'll get to take part in both.

And as for the newly announced photo sessions, we will try to put most of them on sale in the online shop in the next few days but they will also be available to buy at the event as well.

Andrea

Ok. I've never been to one of these things before, so I could do with some advice.

I was planning on attending on the Saturday, but just going for standard entry after 11, as I didn't want to see any of the 'big' names. But now I see there's going to be a Goodies talk at 11 which I would like to attend. Would I be able to get in at 11 and go straight to the talk? Would there even be tickets left for the talk by then?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Charles Dance?

WTF...I mean that in a good way of course.

WTF?! I saw this post earlier and didnt know what it meant as his announcment thread was not up till 5.12pm. How the hell did you know he was gonna be announced? Did I miss summit?

• Moderators

Charles Dance?

WTF...I mean that in a good way of course.

WTF?! I saw this post earlier and didnt know what it meant as his announcment thread was not up till 5.12pm. How the hell did you know he was gonna be announced? Did I miss summit?

The Photo Op schedule was altered beforehand, and he was on that.

Quick question, if I went to the Cluadia talk that would be over by the Comics talk at 3:20 right? So I'd have another time to go to the David shoot, cause that will be running til the John Hurt one at 3:50?

And what time would you expect then Alexander Siddig shoot to run til on the sat?

CLAUDIA BLACK--------------------2.45

COMICS TALK-----------------------3.20

Photo shoot A

DAVID ANDERS---------------------3.00

JOHN HURT--------------------------3.50

Edited by bonniesrg

The Claudia talk will be over by the Comics talk, yes. There is only one talk area, so talks will not overlap.

Regarding the photo shoot times I've copied Too Tall's answer from page 3 of this thread:

Photo shoots will go on as long as there are people in the queue. There is no guarantee they are an hour long. With people like John Hurt you can be pretty sure you'll be OK if you turn up 20 minutes after the start time. But I wouldn't leave it much later than 20-30 minutes, as somethings guests are not as busy as expected. If the queue runs out the guest will go back to signing.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

my problem is mr Dourif photoshoot clashing with the breaking records attempt ( and with a lot of other things as i read : Too Tall talked about trying to have this only one moved? Yes please!!!)

I guess i will have to be disguised on this photoshoot which will be a bit weird as Brad Dourif never acted in Star War :D

Well, anyway, i will try to be right behind the Gold Passes to save time :D

Then run to find my friends to the breaking record attempt, or first register?

My friends don't speak english and it's not always easy to understand things shouted sometimes...

now, i'm panicking!! :lol:

I am going to repeat a question I posted on page 1 hoping someone might be able to answer it :D

The Heroes talk is at 11.35 and I have a standard entry ticket which means I can go in at 11. I know people go into the talk area in order of ticket purchase and/or batches, but how long in advance does the area open? How long in advance do people generally queue up?

I know it means I still half a little over half an hour but I have no experience with standard entry so I don't know if it's still busy then and I won't get in until after 11 or if it may be hard to find the talk area. Thanks :)

They had two queues going if I recall correctly from last year, one to the left and one to the right of the entrance.

Means Saturday morning the first queues would be Terry English and the Goodies talk, and when people go in for the Terry English talk the queue for the next talk (which would be Heroes) will open up. That would be around 10.25 AM.

Seating for the free talks will not start until a couple of minutes before the scheduled time, or even at the scheduled time. Seeing the Heroes talk will be very popular I imagine it will be a couple of minutes earlier.

The talk area shouldn't be hard to find, there's signs and I think they usually have a map in the programme, too. :D