any chance of some guests NOT in torchwood?

werank

i know showmasters are trying to replace the cancelled guests, but not everyone watches torchwood.

i have no idea who they are and its starting to be a bit of a one horse show, please add some variety???

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is turning into a Torchwood event!! which is ok cos it's gonna be cheap for me... but also annoying!

People won't need to go to the Hub cos there'll be no one left they haven't seen before!!!

Personally I can't stand Torchwood... I've tried to watch it and even James Marsters couldn't keep my attention!

torchwood must be in down time then...

although it would be nice to meet somone that isnt it torchwood lol

You're probably not far off there. TW isn't filming right now, while most American shows are filming overtime to catch up after the writers strike, and a lot of films are now getting hectic as they want to make sure they're done in case of an actors strike.

This is turning into a Torchwood event!! which is ok cos it's gonna be cheap for me... but also annoying!

People won't need to go to the Hub cos there'll be no one left they haven't seen before!!!

Personally I can't stand Torchwood... I've tried to watch it and even James Marsters couldn't keep my attention!

Not everyone is going to be able to make the one in October so why not get them over while they have a chance. I'm not a fan of Torchwood but I'm not expecting SM to bow down to my every wish.

Sorry if this seems blunt and I'm not aiming this at one in particular but it seems people are now complaining just for the sake of it

I watch the show but come on I only want to see Eve out of the lot gets ome people from different shows buffy,bsg,firefly,chuck etc :poki:

The thing is though Torchwood fans already know about some guests and will have made up their mind if they are going or not, extra guests are just a further expense. Whereas it's a bit less (probably to little) notice to convince extra BSG or Firefly fans in to attending.

At the moment there's not one guest I have to see at LF&CC, a few Dr Who or Torchwood might swing it.

i'm a torchwood fan and even i think its a lot of one show lol.

but then i would say that aswell if it was all heroes or all buffy...

i cant aford to get all the torchwood ones so im only getting john as he was in dr who aswell

Not everyone is going to be able to make the one in October so why not get them over while they have a chance. I'm not a fan of Torchwood but I'm not expecting SM to bow down to my every wish.

Sorry if this seems blunt and I'm not aiming this at one in particular but it seems people are now complaining just for the sake of it

I'm sure those who can't make the Hub wouldn't expect so many actors from the show to be at C13 either though.

and if you're not aiming at one particular person then why quote me?

people aren't so much complaining, just saying it's a shame there are so many guests from one show at an event that is usually very mixed. I know it can't be helped and no one seems to be blaming SM, but we are entitled our view and to be dissapointed!

Edited by C0RDEL1A

see that is your view, if i wanted to meet guest from one show i would go to a convention based on that show ie the hub.

collectormania and lfcc are all about a mixture of stars from film and tv,

i dont see any one moaning just expressing that they would like more variety!!!

Im quite happy with all the torchwood guests considering its one of my favourite shows, and i wont be able to attend the hub in october so its good for me just ive got to get there early to get everyone i want :)

C0RDEL1A - I quoted you because my first point was in response to your post. I figured it would be useful to quote you so people would know what I was referring to. My 2nd point about it seeming people are just complaining for the sake of it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular

The guests from Torchwood may (and probably have) done other things. Torchwood is probably their most notable role which is why SM have mentioned it in their announcement (and yes, is probably why they have been invited) I know there is a convention dedicated to Torchwood. But if SM can get them to a Collectormania event, why not take the opportunity? It could be a great move if some of them suddenly have to cancel their attendence in October.

There many varied guests already attending the weekend, this is just adding to it.

• Moderators

I think considering they've got John Barrowman along, so he'll have basically convinced Torchwood fans to come, it makes sense to have some minor Torchwood guests at the same event knowing there'll be a lot of fans of the show there.

On their own they may not be so popular, so it's probably the best opportunity to get them other than the Torchwood con obviously, but the lineup for that is likely limited in comparison.

I know it seems a little like overkill but I would imagine they've been fairly easy to get, and at a lot less expense than overseas stars etc.

i just think its so great that showmasters are pulling out everything they have got for us fans! They are announcing guests just a few days before the event! I personally am a huge torchwood fan, but wont be meeting the new guests as i dont have enough money XD but i just think showmasters are doing such a wonderful job, and we should all be happy that they are still getting guests so close to the event! Even if they are not to your taste, be thankful there are so many wonderful guests in attendance! There are soooo many i wanna meet, but am lacking the funds to do so :YAHOO: but im just so happy that they got those wonderful guests and gave me te opertunity!

I'm agree too... Torchwood isn't diffuse in France and all the news guest (only Santiago) are of the cast of this TV Show... Where is LOST, LOTR, Sarah Connor, Dexter, X Files or The Shield (for example) ? We have the cast of Torchwood while there is The Hub in October :s

• Moderators

You could come up with an endless list of things that aren't covered by this event - but that's the same for any event!

They never claim to cater for everyone as it's impossible :YAHOO:

As for where guests from those are? They could be busy, they could be too expensive, they might not want to come along, Showmasters may not feel they'd make good guests etc.

I bet they got all these Torchwood guests cheaper than they'd get one decent Lost person! Makes sense ..

You could come up with an endless list of things that aren't covered by this event - but that's the same for any event!

They never claim to cater for everyone as it's impossible :YAHOO:

As for where guests from those are? They could be busy, they could be too expensive, they might not want to come along, Showmasters may not feel they'd make good guests etc.

I bet they got all these Torchwood guests cheaper than they'd get one decent Lost person! Makes sense ..

it doesnt make sense to all of us who are not bothered by torchwood!!

i think people are going off course here, all i said was that this is a usually a very mixed event and in MY view this is not the best line up i have seen and with all the guest cancellations it is very dissapointing that they are being replaced by TW guests instead of a mix?