any chance of some guests NOT in torchwood?

werank

Sorry, I hadn't realised Santiago Cabrera, Colin Baker, Katheryn Leigh Scott, Rusty Goffe, etc were in Torchwood!

C'mon guys, I know there have been quite a few Torchwood guests announced recently, but they are all 1 day guests announced at the last minute and there's no way we could feasibly get either bigger guests or guests from America to fill the places.

Another thing to bear in mind is that at this short notice we would have no way of advertising these last minute guests so it is only viable to get guests who have a fan base already attending the event (such as Dr Who, Torchwood and Star Wars).

I also find it odd that no-one is objecting to the fact that we have 7 Star Wars guests! I know Torchwood isn't as popular as Star Wars but the fact that the season finale was only a few weeks ago and we already have both leads makes this a perfect opportunity to bring a number of other guests at the same time. Just like the time we had Carrie Fisher and Billy Dee Williams to Collectormania and had a mini Star Wars reunion at the same time.

Andrea

there in next season lol

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also find it odd that no-one is objecting to the fact that we have 7 Star Wars guests! I know Torchwood isn't as popular as Star Wars
That's cos we're used to SW guests being there all the time so it's hardly a surprise!! And it's proven it's worth over 30 yrs and 6 films and other stuff and is a "classic" thing to have at a con. Plus a lot more of us have at least seen SW than Torchwoody.

I think maybe after the "more guests to come" thread all them Torchwoody guests are a bit of an anti-climax to some esp after the thread also said, "we should have some more big guests to come still".

Edited by nicky

You cant please everyone, thats a fact.

But as someone has already stated there are nearly 40 NON Torchwood amazing guests going so surely plenty to appeal to those attending, not to mention a Sunday night party, which sounds like fun.

• Showmasters Admin

OK there is a lot of Torchwood guests i agree but there is also a lot of good guests from other shows as well

as we have John to the show we thought we would get some guests that would not be attending THE HUB

so if you want to meet them cool if you are not into Torchwood then do not bother meeting the guests from that show

i my self like Torchwood and are looking forward to seeing the guests especially the victorian Torchwood cast which there are rumours we may see more about the past of Torchwood so they could be more important in the future ?? we will see

see you all soon

jason :D

HAHA! I just recruited two people for the weekend who I would NEVER have guessed. I was dancing a tango and mentioned to my mum (we talk while we dance, lol) that there's a bunch of Torchwood guests this weekend including John Barrowman. Next thing I knew, one of my teachers was asking for more information!

At least you didnt advertise to complete strangers XD I was in the book shop and 2 girls came up to me and started talking about the book i was reading, and then we somehow got onto talking about torchwood XD Thier mum came over and was talking and i told her about C13 being in the center, and then she told me that sadly they were from manchester, and were only visiting a relative, but i told her John would be there, and she flipped and said they would come down for the weekend XD -shameless advertising to strangers XD-

• Moderators

Zzzzzz.....Torchwood.

Zzzzzz.....Excuses.

Who said anything about Americans?, surely England has its own BIG movie stars - possibly available at short notice?.

Could this have just been the easier option? :D

I would have to assume that even English 'big' stars come with their problems i.e. schedules, price etc.

In essence, the 'bigger' the star the likelier it is they probably have something else to do, regardless of where they're from.

You could come up with an endless list of things that aren't covered by this event - but that's the same for any event!

They never claim to cater for everyone as it's impossible :P

As for where guests from those are? They could be busy, they could be too expensive, they might not want to come along, Showmasters may not feel they'd make good guests etc.

I bet they got all these Torchwood guests cheaper than they'd get one decent Lost person! Makes sense ..

it doesnt make sense to all of us who are not bothered by torchwood!!

i think people are going off course here, all i said was that this is a usually a very mixed event and in MY view this is not the best line up i have seen and with all the guest cancellations it is very dissapointing that they are being replaced by TW guests instead of a mix?

Totally agree Werank! For TW fans this must be brilliant but for those lovers of mix (or anything else!) these NEW guests are a little disapointing...especially as TW does now have its own convention, guess it strikes me as a little unfair!

Not all TW fans are happy. I know hardly anything about the show so can't help a friend with a limited budget, decide which guests autos to get, as she can't get them all. She is going with a lot of money, but it still isn't enough.

:D

LLAP :borg:

Edited by zebredy

OK bottom line is , if you dont want to visit certain guests , dont , its simple.

Its all about personal taste, so if noone meets your fancy then dont go , end of story.

Even if SM had got other guests , you bet your bottom dollar they wouldnt have met everyones idea of ideal guests, so as at any event, you go to see who you want .

Really, I think some people will always find something to complain about. I'm a big fan of both Torchwood and Dr Who (and yes I'm old enough to have watched Dr Who back in the 1960s!) so I am beyond thrilled that you have some Torchwood guests. It's my first Collectormania, and I am not ashamed to say that the main attraction is John Barrowman - who has had a 20 year career in musical theatre apart from appearing as Captain Jack. :borg:

But I'm also hoping there will be some X-Files stuff at C13, with the new movie about to break...

Thank you SM for trying to please most of the people all of the time! :D

There are some people here who will never be happy.

Sorry, not sure I understand but why would non-TW fans be happy about the plethora of recent bulked TW announcments? How does it affect non-TW fans in a happy way?:headscratch:

I am happy about the 3 guests I am meeting though but they're all from 3 different films each.

Well nicky, all that means to me is that people who aren't Torchwood fans won't be cluttering up the autograph queues :P

I'm not a TW fan so naturally I wouldn't be in the TW guests' queues?:thumbup:

Edited by nicky

Thank you SM for trying to please most of the people all of the time! :thumbup:
"Most people" in this case should be read as "Torchwood fans". :P

I was unaware that there are no guests other than Torchwood ones attending. You can't even claim that only the recent announcements have been Torchwood ones, because that would be a lie too.

Edited by Psychosis

Why would non-TW fans be happy about the plethora of recent bulked TW announcments? How does it affect them?:headscratch:

Why would they be unhappy about it? I can't imagine sm are sitting in an office saying "right, we can have the Victorian woman from Torchwood or Bruce Willis. Hmm, tell Bruce we're sorry"! It's just additional guests - if you don't want to see them, just pretend they're not there! Of the 47 odd guests announced, I'll be seeing 6 or 7 - I'm not complaining about the other 40 odd though!

Edited by Bob D

Thank you SM for trying to please most of the people all of the time! :thumbup:
"Most people" in this case should be read as "Torchwood fans". :P

I was unaware that there are no guests other than Torchwood ones attending. You can't even claim that only the recent announcements have been Torchwood ones, because that would be a lie too.

Keyword was "most people". I was unaware that I said there were no other guests attending?

Edited by nicky

Why would they be unhappy about it? Of the 47 odd guests announced, I'll be seeing 6 or 7 - I'm not complaining about the other 40 odd though!

Of course you're not complaining - you got what you want at least 6-8 times over!! (if that's how many TW guests there are). I never said I was unhappy, just confused as why I should be if it doesnt affect me?

Edited by nicky

Well nicky, all that means to me is that people who aren't Torchwood fans won't be cluttering up the autograph queues ;)

Unless there getting autos for other people.

this is very obvious and well not worth saying, whats your point?

:thumbup:

LLAP :P

Most of the guests are not Torchwood ones, most of the guests are from a variety of shows and therefore trying to please most people. Either way you're wrong, lol.

You got the context of what I was saying worng. I was referring to "most" in Bev's quote, "Thank you SM for trying to please most of the people all of the time!", by that she meant TW fans as most people. lol

(I'm not really laughing-out-loud, I just added that for emphasis. Shhhh, dont tell anyone. I am smiling though. :thumbup: )

Edited by nicky