any chance of some guests NOT in torchwood?

werank

You could come up with an endless list of things that aren't covered by this event - but that's the same for any event!

They never claim to cater for everyone as it's impossible :YAHOO:

As for where guests from those are? They could be busy, they could be too expensive, they might not want to come along, Showmasters may not feel they'd make good guests etc.

I bet they got all these Torchwood guests cheaper than they'd get one decent Lost person! Makes sense ..

it doesnt make sense to all of us who are not bothered by torchwood!!

i think people are going off course here, all i said was that this is a usually a very mixed event and in MY view this is not the best line up i have seen and with all the guest cancellations it is very dissapointing that they are being replaced by TW guests instead of a mix?

Totally agree Werank! For TW fans this must be brilliant but for those lovers of mix (or anything else!) these NEW guests are a little disapointing...especially as TW does now have its own convention, guess it strikes me as a little unfair!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I dont think you can really claim that they've 'replaced them' though.

I dont think they were aiming to get these TW guests to replace anyone, it was just a right time, right place situation.

Yup - see Santiago's announcement for the explicit statement that he is a replacement Heroes guest, while these Torchwood guests may well have been planned before any cancellations anyway ..

For those of you who don't like torchwood, I just counted on the CM website, and there are currently THIRTY EIGHT non TW guests attending this event.

Edit - Thirty nine, as Santiago isn't on there!

Edited by Bob D

I'm happy with the guest list as is, and I'm happy to see John- just not for TW. It'd be nice to have the new guests announced from a wider variety of shows- and non repeat guests like Santiago... though i'm happy for TW fans, as this must be great for them... just not me lol

• Moderators

I'm happy with the guest list as is, and I'm happy to see John- just not for TW. It'd be nice to have the new guests announced from a wider variety of shows- and non repeat guests like Santiago... though i'm happy for TW fans, as this must be great for them... just not me lol

But then we could all be here all the time saying "well it'd be nice to have ..." and it's never gonna happen :lol:

We've had Star Wars reunions and other stuff in the past, and I've never been into any of them, but from a business standpoint (low outgoings) it made sense to have them all at once rather than spread out.

• Moderators

Then whats the point in the guest suggestions forum lol? :lol:

And that's where we are, is it? :YAHOO:

Of course there's a point - however, all I'm saying is that ANYONE could look at an event lineup and say "well yeah it's good but I'd like this .. and this .. and not this" .. you know?

I could meet half a guest lineup and complain the other half isnt what I want. At some point it's gotta stop and people just have to enjoy what they've got or else it's never gonna be fun for them :lol:

TW isn't filming right now, while most American shows are filming overtime to catch up after the writers strike, and a lot of films are now getting hectic as they want to make sure they're done in case of an actors strike.

Thought that needed re-stating.

However "unfair" it may seem that this event has had a suddn rush of TW guests, it's a case of who's available. I can assure you (I have excellent spy satellite access :lol: ) that Jason is not sat back in a big comfy leather chair puffing on a huge cigar at SM Towers with a minion saying "I've got an agent on line 3 with a Lostie, a Buffy, two Hobbits and Brad Pitt; are you interested?" answering "Nah, boll0cks, chuck 'em a handful of second-string Torchwooders."

At this late stage, the odd exception like Santiago aside, you're probably going to get TW guests (or similar), or nothing, for the reasons Bob D explains.

• Moderators

:lol: I don't think there'll ever be an event that's perfect for anyone so it's one of those slightly pointless discussions really :lol:

I mean really - you still get some people saying we've not got enough Torchwood guests :YAHOO:

HAHA! I just recruited two people for the weekend who I would NEVER have guessed. I was dancing a tango and mentioned to my mum (we talk while we dance, lol) that there's a bunch of Torchwood guests this weekend including John Barrowman. Next thing I knew, one of my teachers was asking for more information!

For those of you who don't like torchwood, I just counted on the CM website, and there are currently THIRTY EIGHT non TW guests attending this event.

OK but you conveniently failed to mention how many "Torchwood" guests we do have.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was odd that there were so many of them - I guess it's a Torchwood theme then this time. If SM announced from the start that C13 was a Torchwood theme it wouldnt have been such a one-sided shock.

I've still been waiting for that big guest SM said they were working on in that "more guests to come" thread where it says "we should have some more big guests to come still" .:D

STOP MOANING!!!TORCHWOOD IS GREAT AND I CANT WAIT TO MEET THE STARS!!!IF ANYTHING LET THERE BE MORE TORCHWOOD STARS!!!

What's with the " :P " emoticon and caps? Don't be so angry, just be glad C13 is heavily in your favour.

Edited by nicky

OK but you conveniently failed to mention how many "Torchwood" guests we do have.

I think it's 8, but fail to see the relevance. If it's 39 non and 8 TW, as a non TW fan you have a choice between 39 guests. If it's 29 non and 1 TW, you have a choice between 39 guests. So what's your point?!

I actually think C13 is biased towards Torchwood and Heroes neither of which I like so sadly I will not be going as of this time,it is unfair on non fans of either or both of these shows especially when you consider SM have recently put on events specifically for these shows!I am sick and tired of guest announcements for Torchwood and Heroes guests!I would not mind a few but it is overkill!

I think it's 8, but fail to see the relevance. If it's 39 non and 8 TW, as a non TW fan you have a choice between 39 guests. If it's 29 non and 1 TW, you have a choice between 39 guests. So what's your point?!

I think 8 is a big number of guests from one show when there is The Hub event just around the corner. Also it's a big number for of guests from one show when it's supposed to be a mix and it's not even a pre-announced Torchwood theme...or is it??

I actually think C13 is biased towards Torchwood and Heroes,it is unfair on non fans of either or both of these shows especially when you consider SM have recently put on events specifically for these shows!

I don't think they're bias, it's just that this $hlt sells and they gotta eat! Dunno if it's "unfair" but your point that they already have a dedicated event each to themselevs recently or soon is what I was trying to say too.

BTW, I love the title of this thread!!

Edited by nicky

yes but torchwood and heroes are two of the most popular shows at the moment weather we like it or not and people from other shows such as buffy ect have offten moved on to work on new projects ..

heroes and torchwood are acssesable now.

thats the way things work.

in a few years time we may hit a wall and there will be no torchwood guests or heroes guests as there now working on things that arnt related with the show...

its all about who can and cant attenend

i would rather have the guests there and get there autos now if i wanted them then cm to say no i dont want you because we have to many people now from one show..

one it would look bad and no one would want to come back and sign and two some people like mr capslock up there^ would like to see this many guests from one show.

personaly i would have been happy with more heroes guests and not a second time sign ( altough santiago is great)

but we do have some amazing guests.

and if you look the smaller roles that are played by some of the suporting cast in torchwood are very varied it just happens that torchwood is there latest or there biggest credit.

we could write how many cm guests have been in casulty and then your talking about a big list

• Showmasters Admin

Sorry, I hadn't realised Santiago Cabrera, Colin Baker, Katheryn Leigh Scott, Rusty Goffe, etc were in Torchwood!

C'mon guys, I know there have been quite a few Torchwood guests announced recently, but they are all 1 day guests announced at the last minute and there's no way we could feasibly get either bigger guests or guests from America to fill the places.

Another thing to bear in mind is that at this short notice we would have no way of advertising these last minute guests so it is only viable to get guests who have a fan base already attending the event (such as Dr Who, Torchwood and Star Wars).

I also find it odd that no-one is objecting to the fact that we have 7 Star Wars guests! I know Torchwood isn't as popular as Star Wars but the fact that the season finale was only a few weeks ago and we already have both leads makes this a perfect opportunity to bring a number of other guests at the same time. Just like the time we had Carrie Fisher and Billy Dee Williams to Collectormania and had a mini Star Wars reunion at the same time.

Andrea