would you go to a Convention held over Easter ?

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

would you go to a Convention held over Easter ?? around the March 23th to 25th

for a new event

we are looking at dates for events in 2008 and was wondering if you would go to an event over the Easter weekend

we have some nice events planed for 2008 but we are running out of good dates to run them on so let us know your thoughts

your input is very needed thanks :YAHOO:

jason :rolleyes:

So, you want to run another convention 2 weeks after Eclipse and 2 weeks before Lockdown ? :D

To be honest, my answer will be NO. Or at least, it would be either this event or Lockdown but not three big events in a row, especially because I'm also a regular at conventions organized by other organizers and I'm already booked for some other events. If I want to attend every event I would like, I would have to go to 12 events between January and August 2008 ... that's just not possible anymore.

Otherwise I have no problem with the Easter date, it's more the accumulation of events that worries me ;)

Edited by lams9999

Would I attend with it being easter?? Personally, yes. I have no problem using that weekend, as easter is really just a couple of days off work as far as I am concerned. Having said that I am already busy that weekend. Of course depending on the type of event and location I can make an effort .....

I do agree there are already plenty of events out there already though :D

yes easter would be great for me as i'm going to have a big lack of holiday in 2008 so i could use the two bank holidays.

So yes depending on the guests easter is great for me (tho maybe not my bank balance heh)

would you go to a Convention held over Easter ?? around the March 23th to 25th

for a new event

we are looking at dates for events in 2008 and was wondering if you would go to an event over the Easter weekend

we have some nice events planed for 2008 but we are running out of good dates to run them on so let us know your thoughts

your input is very needed thanks :poki:

jason :D

As per all events, depends on who the guests are. But the dates are fine. Could be popular.

Easter is good for us teachers...

but now it is very difficult to choose where to go....

It depends obviously from the guests, I like, for example, Star Trek, X Files, Lost, Smallville, NCIS.

I :D f there would be a big guest, I could think to go.

An event over Easter 2008 has a few things going against it

At that weekend air fares tend to be far higher for those needing flights , and for those driving it can be gridlock on the roads, then hotels tend to up their prices too.

A lot of people would love another event but could be attending rather a lot between March and May if already booking for other events.

I also feel that this is a bad time of year(xmas ) for people to buy tickets for another event so it may put them off commiting .

At that weekend air fares tend to be far higher for those needing flights , and for those driving it can be gridlock on the roads,

True but airfares are higher around that whole period because of school holidays. The roads can be tricky, but it depends where the venue is.

then hotels tend to up their prices too.

Some of them, but only the popular ones, or the ones in popular places. By contrast, I have nothing against, say Northampton, but I'd never figured it as a hugely popular "Easter getaway break" destination, so hotels there might not be in demand/expensive.

A lot of people would love another event but could be attending rather a lot between March and May if already booking for other events.

I also feel that this is a bad time of year(xmas ) for people to buy tickets for another event so it may put them off commiting .

Given the temporal proximity of their other cons to the Easter weekend, I'm guessing that SM would be aiming to have a con that would be likely to appeal to other people than Lost and Heroes fans, otherwise they would be in danger of pumping the well dry. I guess the real question is whether people have Easter weekend as a sacrosanct family time that meant they definitely couldn't make a convention, or if it would be a really convenient time (because of not having to take time off work), or some point in between.

At that weekend air fares tend to be far higher for those needing flights , and for those driving it can be gridlock on the roads,

True but airfares are higher around that whole period because of school holidays. The roads can be tricky, but it depends where the venue is.

then hotels tend to up their prices too.

Some of them, but only the popular ones, or the ones in popular places. By contrast, I have nothing against, say Northampton, but I'd never figured it as a hugely popular "Easter getaway break" destination, so hotels there might not be in demand/expensive.

Given the temporal proximity of their other cons to the Easter weekend, I'm guessing that SM would be aiming to have a con that would be likely to appeal to other people than Lost and Heroes fans, otherwise they would be in danger of pumping the well dry. I guess the real question is whether people have Easter weekend as a sacrosanct family time that meant they definitely couldn't make a convention, or if it would be a really convenient time (because of not having to take time off work), or some point in between.

I can understand what you are saying if in fact it is aimed at attracting people with interests in something completely different but that doesnt quite make sense as to why it appears in the Heroes and Lost forums .

I personally think another event later in the year may be a better option.

Definitely, depending on what guests would be attending and where at.

If you're wondering about people objecting to attending an event at Easter on religious grounds...well, speaking for myself, I couldn't give a monkey's.